Jester Shortcuts

backspace340

It'd be really useful to have some shortcuts we can bind directly to HOTAS keys, so in a panicky fight we don't have to fiddle with the menus (I imagine this'll also help people using voice attack!). The one I'm most keen on getting is 'STT Lock Enemy Ahead' at that seems to be the one I want to spam the most - but feel free to add your suggestions here for HB too so they're all in one place.

I second that idea. The most useful would be:

- lock enemy in front

- adjust TID range (so I can see on the HSD what's the tactical situation right in front of us, instead of looking at Jester searching 100 nm in front)

Maybe also for controlling scan width and elevation.

Currently there's only shortcut for switching between PD-STT and P-STT, it won't lock the target.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

• 3 years later...
On 3/15/2019 at 1:30 PM, some1 said:

- adjust TID range (so I can see on the HSD what's the tactical situation right in front of us, instead of looking at Jester searching 100 nm in front)

These binds already exist for Jester, unless I'm misunderstanding something.  I have a hat on my throttle assigned to all the different TID range options.

You are quoting a 3-year old post. Three years ago these shortcuts were not implemented. 

Edited by some1

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

5 hours ago, some1 said:

You are quoting a 3-year old post. Three years ago these shortcuts were not implemented. 

LOL, oops!...its the first time I saw this thread pop up so I just assumed...

A very useful bind at any rate...especially since the TID range option often disappears from the Jester wheel after you launch a missile.

14 часов назад, RustBelt сказал:

The pilot shouldn’t need to worry about Chaff. The system should be chaffing as the pilot evades. Flares are far more important since deployment involves both complex evasion tactics tied to release, and preemptive use.  

What do you mean by the system - Jester or flight computer auto chaff mode?

Anyway I don't like to rely on some system and want to release chaffs myself.

The biggest problem is In the BVR menu the pages will automatic swtich to ACM "Drop Tanks " menu,I have no idea why and how to disable it.My tanks already dropped before I am go in ACM

• GamingPC: Ryzen 5950X  + 64G RAM + Nvidia 4090 + 1T Dedicated SSD For DCS 
  • HOTAS: WingWin F15EX Throttle + VKB Gunfighter Mk.III Joystick + SN2 Rudder + TrackIR Pro
  • HomeServer: Dell R7515 (EPYC 7402 + 1 T RAM + 48T SSD Raid10 + Nvidia A40
  • Network: Google Fiber 2G

9 hours ago, zhouyut001 said:

The biggest problem is In the BVR menu the pages will automatic swtich to ACM "Drop Tanks " menu,I have no idea why and how to disable it.My tanks already dropped before I am go in ACM

It's situational menu - just hit Jester menu again and it goes to the main menu.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

15 hours ago, draconus said:

It's situational menu - just hit Jester menu again and it goes to the main menu.

I mean how to disable it.

• GamingPC: Ryzen 5950X  + 64G RAM + Nvidia 4090 + 1T Dedicated SSD For DCS 
  • HOTAS: WingWin F15EX Throttle + VKB Gunfighter Mk.III Joystick + SN2 Rudder + TrackIR Pro
  • HomeServer: Dell R7515 (EPYC 7402 + 1 T RAM + 48T SSD Raid10 + Nvidia A40
  • Network: Google Fiber 2G

+1 for nav-grid-center airplane shortcut. This would golden for campaigns and actual missions, just like shortcuts for TID range are now. 

Also, is it possible to add a feature that would let us chose between Jester calling out bandit positions or airspeed during dogfights? Possibly in the dogfight menu? I know many people rely on the airspeed cues, but personally i find them of little use, and would prefer for him to scan for bandits, especially in multi bandit engagements. 

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache