F-14 Post-Release Status Update

Cobra847

Irrational.. REALLY??? lol You snowflakes need to step into the light that is normal real life interaction and get out of your parents basement! It's a question with an example and a reaction. Go finish high school THEN open your sucks...

Seriously ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Bindings will be worked on continuously. We're monitoring requests and will add them ASAP.

It's entirely impossible for us to add every conceivable requested binding on release. There are just so many types/combos/requests.

Very good, thank you!

i7-7700K, 32GB DDR4, 525GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080Ti 11GB, Liquid Cooling, Win 10, Warthog HOTAS, TPR Pedals, HP Reverb, Oculus Rift with Touch, Jetseat and bass shakers, PointCTRL, and Scale F-14B Cockpit

BTW- the first few patches will contain more than listed in the OP of this thread. :) We've been working on various stuff. Going into detail soon!

Looking forward to that :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I'm gonna say this...

I flew for 22 years in the Air Force and experienced exactly 2 flights with engines that compressor stalled. Once in the KC-135R and once in the Zkc-10A...

I pissed my engines off while turning in a bandit and compressor stalled my right engine and I knew IMMEDIATELY... BY THE SOUND what I'd done.

Well done guys...little details like that mean a lot.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

@Sierra99: those little tidbits are exactly what highlights the brilliance and realism and quality of a modul - being able to tie it into some RL experience. :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Irrational.. REALLY??? lol You snowflakes need to step into the light that is normal real life interaction and get out of your parents basement! It's a question with an example and a reaction. Go finish high school THEN open your sucks...

This is the best knee jerk I've ever seen.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Bindings will be worked on continuously. We're monitoring requests and will add them ASAP.

It's entirely impossible for us to add every conceivable requested binding on release. There are just so many types/combos/requests.

Cobra,

Does it make sense to have the stick thumb wheel bound to an axis?

I was thinking of setting this to be warthog throttle slider and liked the idea of tweaking it around center. Not sure how it would translate, but seemed worth a try.

6700K@4.6 48Gb - 1080Ti Hybrid - Warthog - RIFT

BTW- the first few patches will contain more than listed in the OP of this thread. :) We've been working on various stuff. Going into detail soon!

Hopefully the tempo has been able to slow down for you guys, at least. I know it can get a bit hectic leading up to any major software release, and you guys have done some great stuff. Keep it coming, but make sure to take some time to breathe!

With the exception of the loading timeouts, which sound like an issue above your heads, nothing is a show-stopper :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Would you make the wing seep lever to be binded as axis? Could be useful on TM with slider ;)

Thanks in advance

Asus TUF RTX 3080 10g GAMING; Intel i9 10900K; Asus B460 TUF GAMING PLUS;

2x32GB DDR4 3200Mhz HyperX Predator RGB; SSD 1TB Samsung EVO Plus

106_47.jpg

Could we get a less talkative Jester please? It gets a bit distracting, when Jester is frequently bombarding me with obvious informations like "enemy 12 oclock" even though I am locking the bandit for quite a while in front of me. Also Jesters talking during air refueling is distracting for me. Just make his talkings less frequent and I will be fine with it. :)

Could we get a less talkative Jester please? It gets a bit distracting, when Jester is frequently bombarding me with obvious informations like "enemy 12 oclock" even though I am locking the bandit for quite a while in front of me. Also Jesters talking during air refueling is distracting for me. Just make his talkings less frequent and I will be fine with it. :)
Better to call the bandit when you also see it rather than not to call it and to shoot you down. You can always tell him to shut up if you wish.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am not talking about shutting his voice off completely. Only unessecary repetitive informations should be at least less frequent. When I locked a bandit up in front of me and jester informs me about it more than one time every few seconds, then I consider that to be unnecessary.

I am not talking about shutting his voice off completely. Only unnecessary repetitive informations should be at least less frequent. When I locked a bandit up in front of me and jester informs me about it more than one time every few seconds, then I consider that to be unnecessary.

Yea this makes sense to me as well.

Its not that Jester has to stop, the calls are helpful. But systematically, Jester should know the target is locked up and that its within a certain cone or field of visibility off the nose (whatever the right size cone/field may be), and during that time calling the location could be reduced or only once. Then once the target brakes lock and departs that defined area calls can resume.

Additionally i wonder about that the various 'Jester calls' after the target has been destroyed, i'm pretty sure this has come up though i haven't seen any official response (to be fair i haven't searched). But because the player is notified that the target is destroyed with a message on the screen (unless disabled?) i kinda think that info would/could/should be available through the API/SDK so Jester would stop calling lost locks and such after the targets been destroyed.

I assume this has been looked at though and maybe there is a limitation that results in such calls being made, if not then maybe look at this too :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals