[KNOWN ISSUE WIP] Wing sweep desync

mrkline

Haven't seen this in around 3-4 hours of multiplayer testing yesterday. Possible connection issues for pilot/RIO?

i7-4770k | EVGA GTX 980 SC | 16GB DDR3 | TrackIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, AV-8B, FC3, A-10C, Black Shark II, UH-1H, F-86F, MiG-21bis, Mirage 2000C, AJS-37, F-5E :pilotfly:

You have to hit the "Master Reset" button or you'll never solve your wing sync problem...

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

Remember, many of your problems are going to be Operator Error just like in the real jet...read the manual...watch good videos on how to do stuff...

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

When both players spawn in the cat, the pilot sees the wings back in oversweep, as they're supposed to be on a cold start. At the same time, the RIO sees the wings swept all the way forward. Once the pilot starts manipulating the wing sweep handle and the wings begin moving, the RIO sees the wings teleport back and forth before his view syncs up to what the pilot is seeing a few seconds later.

Watch the video! Unless you're suggesting that improper startup can cause your wings to enter some Schrödinger's paradox where they are both swept and unswept, I'm going to chalk this up to a netcode issue, not bad procedures.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

basically it is desynced for the RIO. The pilots needs to cycle either of any of the flight surfaces (flaps, wingsweep, speedbrake), and then it syncs. We haven't found a workaround for this yet.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/