Interrogating bogeys

Direwolf

How is it the link with an AWACS is to function? As I have a mission setup with AWACS in it, I can communicate with him and get a picture, but nothing changes on the SA. Yet, in WAG's video he had it setup so if radar was silenced, it would update and identify targets. I can't seem to replicate this, does some extra steps need to be taken in ME for this?

You'll want to add EPLRS to the AWACS in "Advance (Waypoint Actions)"

attachment.php?attachmentid=205404&d=1551505650

Another option is to change the unit type to another and then back again i.e. E3 ---> E2, save, E2 ---> E3, save will automatically add EPLRS.

Note: there's a bug that stops the datalink working if some TACAN frequencies are active i.e. 1X, 2X - so watch out for default tanker and Stennis settings (it's fixed in the internal DCS build and due in the next patch).

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Do you only have to add the EPLRS to the first waypoint? Also do you need to add the radio frequency for it to transmit BRA calls etc?

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

Do you only have to add the EPLRS to the first waypoint?

That's what I've been doing, the waypoints seem to inherit the first's properties - where I have had issues in old missions, I've used the 'unit swap' method (E3-->E2-->E3)

Also do you need to add the radio frequency for it to transmit BRA calls etc?

The AWACS radio freq. is set in the 'Group' properties, near AI Skill, call sign, etc.

In the picture above, COMM=251 MHz AM, so would set your Hornet UHF radio to 251.000 MHz to hear the AWACS or ask it for 'Bogie Dope'.

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Thanks, but that is not the case. The 'ADV -' still remains after switching off the BIT warnings and continues to block the data from being visible.

The answer is as Ramsay said above, and that is not to put the SA on the left DDI.

yeah, but the SA on left DDI is a much better experience :)

I still can not get ID on a/c. I have watched videos read, and read thread but it's not working for me. I am wondering if my assigned SSDepress is not working. I have it as rgt alt+d, don't see any reason it should not work. I guess I need a step by step, button by button, instruction to get this. Never had so much trouble with one function.:(:( :):) :cry::cry::helpsmilie::helpsmilie::helpsmilie:

Intel core I9 10900K 3.7 ghz

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Samsung 1 T M.2 2 X 850 ssd's

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Hotas Warthog F/A-18C Hornet Grip

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64

I have been trying ID for a week now and can not figure what I am doing wrong.

RDR R DDI diamond showing

AMPCD too SA

D/L , ON displays

NCTR select

RDR cursor over tgt

Press Sensor Depress

Sensor select dwn

Do I need to be holding ( sensor depress while selecting sensor aft ) ?

When select sensor aft the diamond allways move to the AMPCD display.

Corrected the above.

Well, after two weeks of trying to figure what I was doing wrong or not doing too ID bogeys, I decided to do a hot start instead of cold start of the mission I was working from and ( wala ) sure ID of bogeys. So now I can't figure what is wrong during cold start that I am not able to ID these bad guys. Yes I am turning on D/L and IFF. So now what?

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64

In post #26, under the panel to the left which has the heading of Perform Command, what does the third blank labeled “NUMBER” do? In the post, number is set to “2”.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

In post #26, under the panel to the left which has the heading of Perform Command, what does the third blank labeled “NUMBER” do? In the post, number is set to “2”.

It's the "Advanced Waypoint Action" index i.e.

Line 1 = AWACS -a (activate AWACS)

Line 2 = EPLRS(on) -a (activate EPLRS on)

The < > to the left of the index "2", steps forward or backward through the "action" lines (or you can mouse click/scroll to the lines in the list).

In the example, there are 2 "Advanced Waypoint Actions", so you can only step back to action "1" from action "2".

let me get this straight:

The only way to IFF interrogate is to use the sensor switch depress over a target on the SA page? Radar lock alone doesn't allow for IFF interrogation? Is it really that clunky?

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

let me get this straight:

The only way to IFF interrogate is to use the sensor switch depress over a target on the SA page? Radar lock alone doesn't allow for IFF interrogation? Is it really that clunky?

It is *Early Access* - IFF on STT, e.g., is bugged atm and scheduled to be fixed 27.03., Auto IFF is tied to the AZ/EL page, which is not yet implemented.

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

It is *Early Access* - IFF on STT, e.g., is bugged atm and scheduled to be fixed 27.03., Auto IFF is tied to the AZ/EL page, which is not yet implemented.

So, does this mean that, if I'm WVR...using one of the air combat, auto acquisition modes, I'm not going to get an IFF... upon radar lock? I'm assuming that the AZ/EL page has to be selected manually as air combat modes automatically select the RDR ATTK page.

I'm just wondering if the hornet can simply run IFF check automatically upon radar lock?

Are you guy's able to do an interrogation from cool dark start.?

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64

I'm just wondering if the hornet can simply run IFF check automatically upon radar lock?

Yes, it can, but it is bugged atm and scheduled to be fixed, like I said. Also: more Auto IFF incoming once AZ/EL gets implemented.

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

As said above. Things are still bugged or incomplete. I'm sure when Auto IFF, LTWS/TWS and all of that is finished, the Hornet will be much more palatable in A2A engagements.

F/A-18C; A-10C; F-14B; Mirage 2000C; A-4E; F-16C; Flaming Cliffs 3

Are you guy's able to do an interrogation from cool dark start.?

Yes

Asus Prime X570-P * Ryzen 5800X3D + Scythe Fuma cooler * RTX 4080 Super * Corsair 64GB DDR4 3600MHz * Samsung 980 pro 1Tb + 2Tb nvme * Samsung 850 EVO 512Gb SSD * Corsair RM850x V2/2018 * HP Reverb G2 * CH Fighterstick/Pedals/Throttle * Win11

I think what is confusing me after reading different threads/developer statements is: Will auto IFF only be available through the AZ/EL ddi page that is coming or also (with further Hornet development) through use of the attack radar ddi page as well? (Or both?)

Thanks,

"Hey everyone,

Probably in the next Hornet OB update, we will be adding two-factor identification. As most you probably know, a negative Mode 4 IFF response does not always mean hostile, just that it is not friendly. With the upcoming change, a negative Mode 4 IFF AND input from NCTR or a SURV track will be required to set an unknown to friendly or hostile.

Also, to reiterate from an earlier note: we are currently simulating just manual Mode 4 IFF, which requires a depress of the Sensor Select Control switch. Later, when we implement the AZ/EL page, we will add the automatic IFF Mode 4 interrogation modes. One of thes includes auto-IFF when a contact is an STT or L&S. The earlier auto-IFF with a target lock was a stop-gap until the more realistic system could be implemented (now ongoing).

Thanks, Wags."

Thanks for the update, Wags! :-)

Edited by wilbur81

Hopeful that at the very least we are able to IFF a contact in STT mode in next OB or hotfix. This is such a killer in a WVR fight. Can't wait for AZZEL!

yes it is, indeed.

Is this procedure working after the last update? I can´t IFF any contact on radar page (pressing Sensor depress when over the contact, on radar page), so I cant have any ID on SA page. If everything is ok with the systems, can anyone gimme a checklist to ID a contact? My procedure is the following:

Box NCTR on Radar Page, turn Radar page SOI, hover TDC over the contact on Radar Page, press Sensor depress over the contact on Radar Page.

At this point, I should have ID the contact on SA page, as friendly or foe, right?

No joy, because nothing happens when I press Sensor depress.

Is this procedure working after the last update? I can´t IFF any contact on radar page (pressing Sensor depress when over the contact, on radar page), so I cant have any ID on SA page. If everything is ok with the systems, can anyone gimme a checklist to ID a contact? My procedure is the following:

Box NCTR on Radar Page, turn Radar page SOI, hover TDC over the contact on Radar Page, press Sensor depress over the contact on Radar Page.

At this point, I should have ID the contact on SA page, as friendly or foe, right?

No joy, because nothing happens when I press Sensor depress.

Thank you I have the same thing . All locked targets are squared no dimond . No contact shown in SA page .

IFF is on

DL is on .

I see red hostile in SA page lock up in radar page . No dimond . ...

.:cry:

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

Thank you I have the same thing . All locked targets are squared no dimond . No contact shown in SA page .

IFF is on

DL is on .

I see red hostile in SA page lock up in radar page . No dimond . ...

.:cry:

That´s what I´m talking about!

For me it is working correctly, I will leave here my step by step for interrogation from the cold and dark,

After switching on the motors,

- A / A Radar set to Standby (up to where you feel safe or want to be invisible, to interrogate set to operational)

- INS button set to Nav (other positions are bugged in this update)

- in UFC (Uper Front Panel)

-IFF On (Set IFF to ON)

-D / L On (Set Data Link to ON, for me sometimes I need to press more than once to see the "on" on)

- in the AMPCD Advanced Multi Purpose Color Display (screen after the joystick)

- Click the button corresponding to the menu (sometimes it's menu, sometimes it's a number and in AMPCD I do not even remember what's written, it's the middle button below)

- Click on SA page.

From there, the radar page begins to look cool, the green planes are starting to appear around you, but remembering that there is still a lack of interrogatives for them to appear in red, if someone who has already interrogated automatically appears in red.

- Radar A / A Radar page, + set to Operational (Scan).

- I can only interrogate airplanes in mode 40 MN I do not know if it is standard, more above this distance does not work for me.

- In the A/A radar page(set to soi), position the two bars on the plane that you want to interrogate and press the new Sensor switch, (it did not come set to any command you have to edit it), after that there on the AMPCD screen, the plane turns red It is a Foe, if you aim at him with your HUD it will be Diamond not cube.

I hope I have helped you not complicated, this is the way I do to interrogate.

= P.Carrasco | Keep Flying | =

See you in the skies!

"Soldier give me a handshake"

Edited by Chacina

System:

Asus TUF Z390-Pro Gaming/ Intel i5-9600k@ Coffeelake 9a Gen/ Water Cooler Corsair Hydro H45/ Corsair Vengeance Lpx 32Gb 3200Mhz/ EVGA GeForce RX 2070 Super 8Gb Gddr6 256Bits/ 1 SSd M2 3gen 1Tb Xpg/ Headset Corsair + SoundCloud BlasterX Pro Gaming AE-5 / Corsair HX1000i W Plus Platinum/ Case Corsair Gamer Series Obsidiam 500D/ LG 32" 4k Monitor Dp/ Track Ir5 w/Clip Pro/ Saitek Hino X56

Only in mode 40nm, or could be lesser than that? I mean, can I interrogate at 20nm or 10nm or 5 nm?

Regarding Sensor Depress, I binded the keys "LAlt + ´" (as configured in Controls options) to my HOTAS, but it´s not working. What do you mean "it did not come set to any command, you have to edit it"?

Edited by Direwolf