[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

54 minutes ago, f4l0 said:

Could you check if SSA saved a logfile in the installation directory?

SSA tries to launch the UWEditor. Looks like it can not find the file. It should be here: C:\Program Files (x86)\SimShaker\SimShaker for Aviators Beta\Data\UWVEditor

Its located here so seems correct

SSA is not creating a log file at all.

image.png

Edited by Hotdognz

Was using Simshaker for Aviators Beta 2.5.9 yesterday with DCS 2.8 stable with no issues, all effects via my buttkicker where there. Today upgraded to Simshaker for Aviators Beta 2.5.10.0. None of the effects are working anymore 😞 . SimShaker Sound Module version 2.32 still gives me vibrations when selecting 'Test'->' Play'. Selecting 'View'->'Effect Monitor' in SimShaker for Aviators Beta 2.5.10.0 gives me 'Error: No active connection/aircraft to monitor' .

Edited by pollekepol

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D / 6900 XT  / 32GB / Reverb G2 / T.16000M+TWCS / Fanatec CSL Elite Pedals / ButtKicker G2 / OpenXR / Windows 11

14 hours ago, f4l0 said:

I tested the F15 in the instant action mission and gun/afterburner worked... Could you please provide some details on your issue?

Ah thx for this information. I try to reproduce it on my side...

I seem to lose the cannon and Vikhr vibrations when the G-effects are enabled, once the g-effects are unchecked I get the weapon vibrations back. I'll experiment further.

Hello @f4l0

Regarding MB-339 that was added in 2.5.9 and 2.5.10 beta release:

• Have yourself or anyone else seen the situation where Landing Gear Up/Down is Enabled and an effect is constantly playing when moving flight stick right and left?
  • The effect plays if Landing Gear is Up or Down. 

I isolated the behavior by disabling all other effects and enabling logging. See attachments provided.

Other modules I tested like F5-E, F-86 and L-39 do not have the unwanted effects.

The only workaround I could find was to disable Landing Gear Up/Down for the MB-339. 

This is a clearly not a serious problem but interested to know if their is an easy fix or better workaround.I5Z4QeeZkt.png

Cheers.   

image.png

Edited by YSIAD_RIP
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

On 2/6/2023 at 12:17 PM, pollekepol said:

Was using Simshaker for Aviators Beta 2.5.9 yesterday with DCS 2.8 stable with no issues, all effects via my buttkicker where there. Today upgraded to Simshaker for Aviators Beta 2.5.10.0. None of the effects are working anymore 😞 . SimShaker Sound Module version 2.32 still gives me vibrations when selecting 'Test'->' Play'. Selecting 'View'->'Effect Monitor' in SimShaker for Aviators Beta 2.5.10.0 gives me 'Error: No active connection/aircraft to monitor' .

Could you please send me the SSA logs?

On 2/7/2023 at 4:46 AM, YSIAD_RIP said:

Hello @f4l0

Regarding MB-339 that was added in 2.5.9 and 2.5.10 beta release:

• Have yourself or anyone else seen the situation where Landing Gear Up/Down is Enabled and an effect is constantly playing when moving flight stick right and left?
  • The effect plays if Landing Gear is Up or Down. 

I isolated the behavior by disabling all other effects and enabling logging. See attachments provided.

Other modules I tested like F5-E, F-86 and L-39 do not have the unwanted effects.

The only workaround I could find was to disable Landing Gear Up/Down for the MB-339. 

This is a clearly not a serious problem but interested to know if their is an easy fix or better workaround.I5Z4QeeZkt.png

Cheers.   

image.png

Thx, for the feedback. I currently don't own the MB-339. I tried to implement it "blind". It's also interesting that the numbers of pylons does not match... Could you send me a screenshot if the DCS Debug Window? I'll recheck the 3d module arguments for the MB-339. Maybe the are not correct or do vary (a bit) during flight...

• Thanks 1

On 2/8/2023 at 1:25 AM, f4l0 said:

Thx, for the feedback. I currently don't own the MB-339. I tried to implement it "blind". It's also interesting that the numbers of pylons does not match... Could you send me a screenshot if the DCS Debug Window? I'll recheck the 3d module arguments for the MB-339. Maybe the are not correct or do vary (a bit) during flight...

Hello @f4l0

Thanks for the quick reply.  Wow! Impressive result for a "blind" implementation.

I am not 100% clear on where the "DCS Debug Window" screenshot you are asking for is. Please clarify if possible.

Cheers.   

Edited by YSIAD_RIP
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

Looking for help!

I recently did a fresh reinstall of DCS and now SSA is causing massive stutters and spikes to the point it is unplayable.  DCS is smooth as butter, but once SSA connects I get stutters.  The stuttering is directly proportional to the amount of feedback (ie I pull more Gs or throw out the speed brake and it gets worse).  I have uninstalled and reinstalled both the Beta and stable version of both SSA and the sound module and it still happens.  However, on the stable version I only get some of the feedback data (Gs and weapons) but I am missing others completely (Speed brake, gear, engine rumble).  With the Beta I can get smooth operation every once in a while but without any consistency.  

I am on DCS 2.8 with SSA 2.5.10.

I have tried fresh install of the software multiple times. 

PC is all up to date. 

I have removed any other 3rd party software from running and it is still happening. 

I have tried it with the Buttkicker hardware not even turned on and it is still happening, so its not a hardware issue. 

I have tried a different USB port for the audio out. 

I have deleted the export.lua and had SSA rewrite it.  (attached)

I have tried starting SSA first, and DCS first.  It doesn't matter. 

I have checked to make sure I do not have two instances of SSA running. 

Someone please help!  I am stumped...

Thank you!!!

Export.lua

On 2/8/2023 at 7:25 AM, f4l0 said:

Hi @f4l0 . Thanks for reaching out. I guess it was just the MP server not allowing for sensor output. Sorry, no idea it can be set to 'not allowed'. Didn't notice. SSA actually working fine!

Edited by pollekepol

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D / 6900 XT  / 32GB / Reverb G2 / T.16000M+TWCS / Fanatec CSL Elite Pedals / ButtKicker G2 / OpenXR / Windows 11

Just updated to 2.6 Stable.  I can't find 2.6 Beta on the website.  The Beta link takes you to the stable release.  Nonetheless, I am still getting the same stuttering issues whenever SSA is running, only now I get no output to the amplifier as well.  No feedback to the seat but all the stuttering.  I have narrowed it down to SSA and not the sound module, as I have shut down the sound module and the lag still happens with just SSA running, but the moment SSA is terminated everything is smooth.  I have also ran a few DCS repairs to no avail.  Looking for help.  Thanks!

8 hours ago, SCUDMuffin said:

Thanks Andre, but I can't find the link to 2.5.10 Beta on the website... Unfortunately, 2.6 and 2.5.10 Beta are giving me the same stutter issues.

The link takes you to SSA developer Github page and it looks like the latest version only is available for download there.
If you'd like to check the stuttering issue with earlier SSA version I can share 2.5.9.0 link https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtZazqt_Ko-7geBIrn0gcrroUGB9nQ?e=ftewRb

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello, I thought I’d post here before bothering Sergio directly, but this is my little story so far..

A little while back my Jetpad stopped working. I contacted Sergio, who was great and very helpful, and he sent me a replacement board which I fitted.

It was a bit patchy at first but it worked though not as reliably as before. Since then I bought a new PC but now the Jetpad doesn’t work. Well, if I use the Test option in the software all but one of the vibrating thingys vibrate, but when playing the only time i feel anything is if I release a weapon. I can feel it trying do something but it just kinda gives up and stops. Come to think of it, it did work on the first flight I did on my new pc, but nothing since.

On the new pc I just installed the Simshaker for Aviators software and plugged the pad in, did I miss something?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Digitalvole

On 2/1/2023 at 2:28 AM, Hotdognz said:

Hi guys I have a new PC and have installed the Sound Module and Simshaker, every time I start Simshaker I get an error pop up, I cant start the program at all, I have uninstalled and re installed to try to fix it, what do i need to do to fix this error

Any help or ides gratefully received.

null

image.png

Hi, I had the same error and I was able to fix it on my system. I'm not sure, if you have the same issue, but I thought I share it here anyways.

I had SSA installed and set to 'Start when Windows Starts' and 'Start Minimized in System Tray'. Then I installed the SSA Beta version and it seems, that this is not replacing the old SSA, but installing it in parallel. Now both application try to compete for the same exclusive system resource (port/device), but only one can get it and the second one get the exception, since the resource is already taken.

Now you can either remove the old application, end it or unselect the auto start option. When you get this error, check the system tray (bottom right), if you see more than one SSA icons.

It worked for me, I hope it works for you too.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Digitalvole said:

Hello, I thought I’d post here before bothering Sergio directly, but this is my little story so far..

A little while back my Jetpad stopped working. I contacted Sergio, who was great and very helpful, and he sent me a replacement board which I fitted.

It was a bit patchy at first but it worked though not as reliably as before. Since then I bought a new PC but now the Jetpad doesn’t work. Well, if I use the Test option in the software all but one of the vibrating thingys vibrate, but when playing the only time i feel anything is if I release a weapon. I can feel it trying do something but it just kinda gives up and stops. Come to think of it, it did work on the first flight I did on my new pc, but nothing since.

On the new pc I just installed the Simshaker for Aviators software and plugged the pad in, did I miss something?

Thanks in advance.

When i get errors in SSA i usually fix them by going to SSA Settings and press DCS Repair Export. If nothing else works try this and leave feedback.

F.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

On 2/17/2023 at 12:07 PM, Digitalvole said:

May be Gametrix Control Panel software?

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Righty, I pressed the button marked “DCS Repair Export” but it didn’t seem to do anything. Am I missing something? 

6 hours ago, =Andre= said:

May be Gametrix Control Panel software?

Possibly, but when I fire up DCS the little window that opens says the jet pad is connected ok, and I am able to tinker with all the settings. It just doesn’t do anything other than when I pickle a bomb or random vibrations now and again. Despite what I said original post, now I come think of it I did install all the software I had used when it worked (I had a folder with it all in). I’ll double check that tomorrow.

Gotta say though, when I did work it was amazing, really adds to the experience. Really hope I can get it going again.

Thanks for the help guys. 🙂

On 2/14/2023 at 2:00 AM, =Andre= said:

The link takes you to SSA developer Github page and it looks like the latest version only is available for download there.
If you'd like to check the stuttering issue with earlier SSA version I can share 2.5.9.0 link https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtZazqt_Ko-7geBIrn0gcrroUGB9nQ?e=ftewRb

Thanks Andre... I had the stutter with 2.9 as well, but tried it again.  Still stuttering.  Its very apparent.  As soon as SSA begins creating feedback signals I get almost unplayable amounts of stutter.  The moment I terminate SSA the game goes back to super smooth.  I am running Open XR and everything is up to date.  I've tried uninstalling all other 3rd party programs and it makes no difference.  I'm not convinced it is an SSA problem, but rather something with how it is interacting with my computer.  I don't know what to do.