Running request - Bindable Button / Axis options - Page 8 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-20-2019, 06:38 PM   #71
Mnemonic
Veteran

Actually Tomcat has a binding for Master Arm, that also lifts a cover automatically (and closes it as it turned off). I guess similar binding option just has to be applied for every covered switch.
Mnemonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 07:16 AM   #72
Fubarbrickdust

Been working on my own custom Joystick 'default.lua' file for the Pilot Seat...

Still W.I.P, but quite a lot of useful additions made while combing through the clickabledata.lua.

I use my own naming and category system for all the module input files I edit to make things more clear and organised for myself, but a lot of the heavy lifting and data input's been done...

Most notable inclusions are working CW/CCW entries for:
  • Radar Altimeter
  • Airspeed Mach Indexer Knob
  • HSD Course & Heading Knobs (with fine/coarse & +-1degree increments)
  • Bingo Fuel Set Knob
  • Volume controls for the walkman
Plus a shed load of as yet un-implimented bindings including lots of absolute + ON else OFF additions & a few of the requests I've seen floating about (Canopy O/C, Parking Brake, etc.).

Check it out if you want. Feel free to dig in and cherry pick all or just what you need.
Same goes for the HB guys - if there's stuff in here that'll save you some hours of mind numbing data-entry...it's essentially your property anyhow.

There's a bunch of custom axis binds toward the bottom that I'm using until HB drops in the official binds. There are quirks to getting them to work however as DCS only registers the upper half of an axis travel when using this ghetto method. 2 methods you can use:

Method 1: Standard axis bind - Set axis to 'slider'. Set to 'Invert'. Set Y saturation to 50% (See pic 1 for visual) This method works perfectly, but with one big caveat...you need to have the axis inverted on a hardware/firmware level before it touches DCS. Otherwise you'll get the full range, but backwards. This is no issue if you build your own controllers or panels, but I'm not sure what support there is for the more mainstream bits of kit.
Method 2: USER CURVE (see pic 2) - This will work with any analog axis. You'll get the full range, but it's tedious to setup for multiple axes and there'll be a weird little 'blip' at the bottom of the travel that often has the effect of inverting the colours of stuff (eg HUD brightness).

MASSIVE NOTE/WARNING: Unless you know what you're doing and are familiar with working with custom DCS input files, exercise caution! I do not recommend just dropping this file in willy-nilly, overwriting your default.lua and start assigning. It'll no doubt play absolute havoc with your binds and .diff files in all sorts of ways that I do not want to be responsible for. Have a look, see how it's laid out and grab what you need if you know how. Or at the very least back stuff up and use OvGME or JSGME.

EDIT: Fixed a few typos, added canopy open/close & walkman volume controls.
Brick.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hacked in AXIS Bind - Method 1.PNG
Views:	7
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	207013   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hacked in AXIS Bind - Method 2.PNG
Views:	4
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	207014  
Attached Files
File Type: lua default.lua (121.8 KB, 2 views)

Rift CV1 | BRD-DS | MFG Crosswind | Jetseat+SSA/SSM | SimLab GT1 Profile Chassis | NLR Motion Platform V3 | Quad Bass Shaker Setup

Homebrew Control Panels [Dustek]: 'White Rhino' Throttle | UFC | MFD Left | MFD Right | MFD Centre | WEP-TECH | HYD-MECH | SYS-ELEC | AN/ARC

F/A-18C | A-10C | F-5E | AJS-37 | M2000C | UH-1H | KA-50 | SA342 | Mi-8 | BF109 K-4| Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 Dora | FC3

Last edited by Fubarbrickdust; 03-22-2019 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Updates
Fubarbrickdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 04:00 PM   #73
maverickturner

List updated to reflect today's additions. Thanks for hearing us and working with us Heatblur!
maverickturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 04:15 PM   #74
maverickturner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubarbrickdust View Post
Been working on my own custom Joystick 'default.lua' file for the Pilot Seat...

Still W.I.P, but quite a lot of useful additions made while combing through the clickabledata.lua.

I use my own naming and category system for all the module input files I edit to make things more clear and organised for myself, but a lot of the heavy lifting and data input's been done...

Most notable inclusions are working CW/CCW entries for:
  • Radar Altimeter
  • Airspeed Mach Indexer Knob
  • HSD Course & Heading Knobs (with fine/coarse & +-1degree increments)
  • Bingo Fuel Set Knob
  • Volume controls for the walkman
Plus a shed load of as yet un-implimented bindings including lots of absolute + ON else OFF additions & a few of the requests I've seen floating about (Canopy O/C, Parking Brake, etc.).

Check it out if you want. Feel free to dig in and cherry pick all or just what you need.
Same goes for the HB guys - if there's stuff in here that'll save you some hours of mind numbing data-entry...it's essentially your property anyhow.

Great work here! I opened it up and took a look and there is a lot of helpful additions. I'll definitely be using a few of these until they are officially added.
maverickturner is offline   Reply With Quote