Aim-9 not being slewed to radar contact

mortalkombat

Dunno if that's accurate, but just press the CAGE-SEAM button once you're there and it'll snap to the target. Then fire.

Flying the DCS: F-14B from Heatblur Simulations with Carrier Strike Group 2 and the VF-154 Black Knights!

I also own: Ka-50 2, A-10C, P-51D, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F-86F, CA, Mig-15bis, Mig-21bis, F/A-18C, L-39, F-5E, AV-8B, AJS-37, F-16C, Mig-19P, JF-17, C-101, and CEII

I having the same issue. Target is locked with either the horizontal or vertical scan. Sparrows work fine. Switch to sidewinder it hunts around the diamond but never locks, I can hit the cage/uncage button all I want, doesn't do anything. I can hold the fire button and it will launch at some point once it passes through the diamond.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Dunno if that's accurate, but just press the CAGE-SEAM button once you're there and it'll snap to the target. Then fire.

It locks when pressing the CAGE-SEAM button but only when it swivels over the target the moment I hit the button. So basicly pressing SEAM when having radar lock, uncages like without radar.

Still found no fix. What I do is:

1. master arm on, missle prep on, sw cooling on

2. switch mode to sw

3. lock target with pdm/pal/vsl (sidewinder not slewing to radar target)

4. pressing cage-seam button (sidewinder only track radar target if uncaged close to the target while performing double D scan)

I'm not able to reproduce what Jabbers is doing here (sidewinder instantly being slewed to radar):

What the hell am I doing wrong?

Currently it doesn't work like on the video, the seekers never slews to the radar.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Even if the target is within Double D scan, the seeker is not being slewed to the target, you'll only get a SW lock after the seeker hits the target on it's usual search pattern.

With radar lock or not, CAGE/SEAM behaves exactly the same in DCS. Don't know if it's realistic or not, but my guess it's a bug.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Everyone, I believe the AIM-9 employment modes in the F-14 are featured correctly.

Although I admit that they don't look so modern (or straight forward) with "auto-lock" kind of features and such, like aircraft as F-16 and so on.

It doesn't immediately lock the missile's seekerhead on target - it scans about it - even Fleet Defender depicted it that way.

Roughly this:

Boresight mode : seeker looking at ADL - press Cage/SEAM to lock

Boresight SCAN mode : seeker scans about ADL - press Cage/SEAM to lock

Radar / TV / IR SCAN mode : seeker scans about Radar, TV or IR track - press Cage/SEAM to lock

Please keep in mind that the F-14 was a pioneer in several matters as new avionics / HUD symbols / etc, and as such many of the actual procedures were somewhat archaic.

The bold is stated that much at plane's documents throughout the web.

Check the diagrams below.

F-14A & AIM-9 modes.bmp

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

Well bugged for me then. Not slewing to radar target when hitting seam.

You need to hold down rhe button till it does.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Currently it doesn't work like on the video, the seekers never slews to the radar.

Keep 0ressing down on the button till it does.

Keep 0ressing down on the button till it does.

Ok, works now, I must have remembered it wrong.