Nose Strut Switch, Oxygen switch, and other unbindable switches... - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-14-2019, 10:08 PM   #1
Mnemonic
Veteran

Default Nose Strut Switch, Oxygen switch, and other unbindable switches...

Dear Heatblur team, congrats on releasing this wonderful aircraft for DCS, I love it deeply, thank you!

I fly DCS in VR, using controls of my light home-cockpit, and I noticed that I can't bind all the controls I need to conduct flight start to end.
So far I fly from Pilot's seat and I see that I can't bind following switches from the menu (there are simply no options for these):

- Oxygen switch
- Nose Strut switch
- Parking brake handle
- HSD HDG control rotary
- HSD CRS control rotary
- Air Conditioning "Air Source" selector buttons (none of them in the menu)
- Canopy Control Handle (only toggle option introduced in the menu)

would love to see these switches bindable in the future updates, so I could fully use my cockpit / joysticks.

Last edited by Mnemonic; 03-14-2019 at 10:18 PM.
Mnemonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 03:10 AM   #2
mariner3302

I'm building a cockpit based on this airplane. I built my parking brake from scratch. I am really disappointed in the lack of bindable controls. The axis binds aren't anywhere near what the other developers have given us. I hope we hear this is only because its very new. After all the waiting, the hype, the excitement about this being the greatest development in flight sim tech and we get basic controls you get from a video game....
i7-7700K, 32GB DDR4, 525GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080Ti 11GB, Liquid Cooling, Win 10, Warthog HOTAS, Combat Pedals, Oculus Rift with Touch, Home cockpit under constant construction, development, and improvement
If you want realism then you absolutely HAVE to buy Andre's Jetseat KW-908, you'll never fly without it again!!
mariner3302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 04:15 PM   #3
Jack McCoy

Also, the hydraulic switch w/ red cover, far-aft-right console.

It's almost impossible to operate the switch without hitting the cover.

In VR, one needs to be a contortionist to put the thing on the thing. I don't wish to use a Snap View.

A key binding would fix that...
Old 03-16-2019, 05:00 PM   #4
Mnemonic
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack McCoy View Post
Also, the hydraulic switch w/ red cover, far-aft-right console.

It's almost impossible to operate the switch without hitting the cover.
Yep, that one too
Mnemonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 05:14 PM   #5
Trubshaw
Campaign Testers

I agree.
There is no doubt the F14 module by Heatblur is ground breaking on many levels. It is a credit to the hard work and skill of the coders.

However, several modules from different developers don’t have the basic key bindings to allow a startup without finding the click spot in the cockpit. This is a disappointment to pit builders.

The F14b oxygen click spot is particularly difficult to find and really should be exportable to an external switch.

In my opinion no module should be released to the public with key bindings missing for a start up.

I hope Heatblur continue to add key bindings to the F14b and the Viggen. If it is a click spot there should be a key binding in my opinion.

TrubshawRN -=SHREK 94=-
Trubshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 01:04 AM   #6
mariner3302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trubshaw View Post
I agree.
There is no doubt the F14 module by Heatblur is ground breaking on many levels. It is a credit to the hard work and skill of the coders.

However, several modules from different developers don’t have the basic key bindings to allow a startup without finding the click spot in the cockpit. This is a disappointment to pit builders.

The F14b oxygen click spot is particularly difficult to find and really should be exportable to an external switch.

In my opinion no module should be released to the public with key bindings missing for a start up.

I hope Heatblur continue to add key bindings to the F14b and the Viggen. If it is a click spot there should be a key binding in my opinion.
WELL SAID!!! I havent flown the Cat because I have been building a replica pit for it. I feel pretty let down after seeing the lack of bindings. If they dont do all the bindings then it has all been a waste of time. They hyped it as the best thing since the first flight simulator. Its just another pretty video game at this point, NOT a SIMULATOR.
i7-7700K, 32GB DDR4, 525GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080Ti 11GB, Liquid Cooling, Win 10, Warthog HOTAS, Combat Pedals, Oculus Rift with Touch, Home cockpit under constant construction, development, and improvement
If you want realism then you absolutely HAVE to buy Andre's Jetseat KW-908, you'll never fly without it again!!
mariner3302 is offline   Reply With Quote