[NO BUG] Radio doesn't work

Reflected

I’ve been having issues all day with radios. Going through Jester, I just don’t get a response, I also don’t get the FKeys menu staying on (stays on for a fraction of a second with either radio) although it works for all other aircraft only the f-14 and it’s driving me mental trying to figure it out. I’ve checked my bindings and all are fine without any duplicates.

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

They’re both bound them to my Warthog already. As I say, the Fkey menu comes up then disappears straight away while using VA/ Vaicom. When I don’t have VA on, the OEM102 button does not show up the Fkey menu. This is only in the F-14. All other modules works correctly. Cheers

Edited by mr_mojo97

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

You can't use the normal Comm button. You have to select the actual radio mic type that you want to use. You can find it on the controls binding page...

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

Radios not working for me either. Tried everything, checked bindings, checked special options. I can issue a comms command on the appropriate radio tuned to the correct channel, and can hear my pilot's voice speak over the radio and see the text corresponding to that on the screen, but I never get any response. e.g. If I issue a Flight formation change I can see and hear the command being issued, but get no response, and my wingmen do not change formation. Happens the same for ALL communications calls. Its as if I'm talking to myself. No problems in any other DCS module.

Ok, interesting, I too will try this tomorrow

I uninstalled and then reinstalled the F14B. Now the radio problem has gone away for me. Must have been a bad install the first time.

Hello,

How did you uninstall and reinstall?

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

• 1 month later...

I re-installed module and still can't use the radio.

Basically if I start the mission when aircraft is already started - radios work, I can select correct radio and talk.

When I do the cold startup - radio simply doesn't work, nobody replies. Correction - ATC doesn't reply.

Edited by Mnemonic

Since launch I was also unable to use the radios to talk to ATC, AWACS, Ground Crew. I had the communication Menu mapped to a button on my HOTAS (as i had it set up for my other modules). It just didn't work.

Today I remapped my the button on my HOTAS to the ARC-182 Mic button and loe and behold... it worked. I'm now able to communicate with other aircraft, ATC etc while piloting the Tomcat (haven't tried as RIO yet).

This has been doing my nut for ages so worth a try if anyone else is still struggling with this.

You guys got Jester tuned on AM or FM?

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

• 8 months later...

Hello everyone, I have encountered the same problem, we are unable to communicate in MP than in SP, I did the installation of the module and the repair on DCS, subsequently reinstalled the F14 module but the problem persists.

Solutions?

Thanks