MAC/FC3 Intergration? - Page 4 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-13-2019, 03:10 AM   #31
Steve Gee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akula View Post
And on that note, has anyone heard about a possible release date?
Nothing yet, but it's been said on here that the new Kuznetsov would be in MAC and in some comments about the detailed Nimitz module, it was stated that the Kuznetsov wouldn't be worked on any more until AFTER that was finished and a Arleigh Burke model as well, so who knows any more?
Old 03-13-2019, 10:54 AM   #32
nessuno0505

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Joker View Post
As we haven't one a single 4th gen red fighter, my opinion is that ED must bring us first a full fidelity Su-27, Su-33 and MiG-29, then they could split all they want.
Playing a sim to sim hypotetic and not historical accurate conflict between fighters that never fought eachother is not really much "hardcore" from my perspective.
Sorry for my bad English.
I agree about historical conflicts and fighters that fought each other IRL, I do not agree about red 4th gen: we can play Sabre vs mig-15, f-5 vs mig-19 and mig-21, we'll have iranian tomcats, there are already chances to play historical even without 4th gen reds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draconus View Post
There's no hope for 4th gen hifi redfor fighter in the near future, though.
That's not true, Wags said It in the last podcast: ED can't simulate a 4th gen red cause they are russian (maybe related to their military contracts?) but a 3rd party outside Russia could simulate whatever he wants
nessuno0505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 12:18 PM   #33
draconus

Quote:
Originally Posted by nessuno0505 View Post
That's not true, Wags said It in the last podcast: ED can't simulate a 4th gen red cause they are russian (maybe related to their military contracts?) but a 3rd party outside Russia could simulate whatever he wants
So the only thing untrue is that there is hope - at least you have one - because we haven't seen any red 4th gen announced yet. That means near future (a few years) without such module even it was announced today.
draconus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 09:57 PM   #34
nessuno0505

Yes, you are true about reds: if a 3rd party wants to do one he can, but until now mig-23 by razbam is the most modern red plane announced.
By the way, Wags have said it clearly in the last podcast: MAC and DCS will be different products with different targets: MAC is for more casual gamers, while DCS will remain the "hardcore" sim. The new "shiny" MAC interface is aimed at developing a real AAA title to attract new players, I do not mind to have it in DCS. What is important is that they gain more revenue to invest in the DCS hardcore experience, developing new full-fidelity modules. Nevertheless, nothing is said in the podcast about the destiny of FC3 owners, or the possible online integration between the two products. Will FC3 be totally removed from DCS and merged in MAC? Will FC3 remain as it is, side by side with MAC? Will we continue to have the free su-25t or will it be merged in MAC and removed from DCS? We do not know. For what I'm concerned, as a FC3 owner I will be glad to buy MAC at a discount price and completely separate easier modules from hardcore ones: if I want a more action oriented easier experience I launch MAC, if I want to fly hardcore I launch DCS. If they will allow me to remove FC3 planes from DCS and merge them in MAC, eventually removing also game mode from DCS, I will be ok. But we'll se only when MAC will be closer.

Last edited by nessuno0505; 03-14-2019 at 09:59 PM.
Old 03-15-2019, 09:58 AM   #35
draconus

Quote:
Originally Posted by nessuno0505 View Post
If they will allow me to remove FC3 planes from DCS and merge them in MAC, eventually removing also game mode from DCS, I will be ok. But we'll se only when MAC will be closer.
Since the Cat is out I care a lot less for what will happen to FC3 but I mostly agree with you on removing game parts from DCS. It would not be ok to some customers that used game mode but I guess it would be very few.
Separating FC3 aircraft from DCS would present a lot more problems and I still would not be ok with that until the far future where we have them all made HiFi. Also I would not accept the situation where I cannot fly FC3 aircraft after MAC release (improbable).
draconus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 10:24 AM   #36
AeriaGloria

There is the JF-17 by Deka. The block one even has a MAWS
AeriaGloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 05:48 PM   #37
nessuno0505

Of course jf-17 Is a 4th gen fighter, Is eastern and also "Red" in some way, but it's not russian.
About fc3 Planes in dcs, if they Will be merged into Mac it's quite unlikely ED can keep updated the same models both in Mac and dcs; maybe they can work each other online, if the server allows It, but dcs versions are destined to be abandoned, sooner or later. So I Say IMHO it's Better sooner by paying something to bring them to Mac and remove from dcs.