Some optimizing for Jester needed - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-13-2019, 11:52 PM   #1
Larkis

Default Some optimizing for Jester needed

1. Jaster Menu will allways display on the front. No problem with that. But the headtracking set the current position of your head as centerpoin.

For example i look to the right to 2oclock and open the jester menu. The menu spawn in front 12oclock, so i move my head into that direction. But that head movement is still tracked for the menu so i am not able to select something cause the head-"line" goes much to far and maek the menu unusable.

2. Often i open the menu per accident, but cant close it without pushing some jester Buttons and give silly ordcers just to let the menu dissapear. A menu closed button would be very good.

3. On Tacan Selection, please show the name of the airport and not the code.

4. A "what did you see jester" Button would be cool. Maybe it exist and i missed it but i could really use it. Sometimes when flying with a wingman and i lost visual and cant establish visual again (cause of crappy VR Eyes) it would be cool to call Jester what plaes are in his line of sight.
Larkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 12:00 AM   #2
Flagrum
Veteran

I totally agree on point 1! This is really annoying ...

Regarding #2: Agree here as well, although you can close the menu without selecting any option by "selecting" the center of the menu. But a dedicated button for that would probably more ergonomic.

Flagrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 12:01 AM   #3
A Hamburgler

+2 for both the first and second one.

MCGM - Massive Combat Game Mode A dynamic campaign for MP/SP
A Hamburgler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 08:37 PM   #4
ivo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkis View Post
1. Jaster Menu will allways display on the front. No problem with that. But the headtracking set the current position of your head as centerpoin.

For example i look to the right to 2oclock and open the jester menu. The menu spawn in front 12oclock, so i move my head into that direction. But that head movement is still tracked for the menu so i am not able to select something cause the head-"line" goes much to far and maek the menu unusable.

2. Often i open the menu per accident, but cant close it without pushing some jester Buttons and give silly ordcers just to let the menu dissapear. A menu closed button would be very good.

3. On Tacan Selection, please show the name of the airport and not the code.

4. A "what did you see jester" Button would be cool. Maybe it exist and i missed it but i could really use it. Sometimes when flying with a wingman and i lost visual and cant establish visual again (cause of crappy VR Eyes) it would be cool to call Jester what plaes are in his line of sight.
+100 we need to axis control for jester menù

My wishlist: F16C/F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40C Tomawhak

ivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 11:30 PM   #5
Rlaxoxo

We need a button to "Close" the jester menu or go back 1 step

Youtube
Reddit
Rlaxoxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 11:43 PM   #6
LooseSeal

I don't think you have to give Jester an order just to close the menu..? Just (if you have Trackir) aim in the center, ie: not any of the radial options, and click the Jester button again and it closes.

My gripe at the moment is the position of 'abort start-up' right beside some of the contextual options during assisted start-up. Quite a few times now I've accidentally aborted in the middle of a start-up.
- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-28; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR
LooseSeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 05:30 AM   #7
fmedges

I would like the jester menu to be red when the cockpit lights are on. It kills night vision big time.
fmedges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 05:43 AM   #8
VampireNZ

Sometimes if you are looking away from ctr and hit the Jester Menu button - you could be in a position that you can't look far enough from where you are to get back to the ctr to close the menu in VR.

I have had that happen and just had to look as far as I could, hit the button and hope I managed to hit a menu item to get it closed again lol.

+1 for the Jester night mode.

VampireNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 08:15 AM   #9
davidp57

Not sure it's been reported or not, but a bug in Jester makes him really annoying when tanking : 20-30 sentences are read one after the other as soon as I clip !