[NO BUG] Cockpit shake.

ny3d1

lol this is a feature, and it is fantastic.

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

yes it is normal, exemple at 4 min 15

I know it's normal, but after flying around a bit last evening I am wondering is it a bit excessive of the amount of shaking in this module? I'm not an SME, but still I wonder. :dunno:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

I may revert back to my Hornet 100% ;)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

I know it's normal, but after flying around a bit last evening I am wondering is it a bit excessive of the amount of shaking in this module? I'm not an SME, but still I wonder. :dunno:

it is normal and accurate.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

it is normal and accurate.

So we shouldn't expect any changes even though it's early access?

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

I wouldn't if I were you. That is how real aircraft act in high AoA situations.

I'm referring to the severity of the shaking in the cockpit. Not whether it happens or not. When you mention how aircraft act in high AoA I wont debate with you there. I agree, but I wonder then about the severity of the shaking in relationship to the flight model. I can slight pull on the stick and the shaking is more severe than what I have seen on posted videos in this thread. IF the severity of the shaking is tied to the flight model I have to believe there will be some changes coming down the road as the flight model in EA of past modules are always being updated. It may appear better or comparable. We'll just have to wait and see.

Again I am not claiming to be an SME or close to knowing a lot about this plane, but those are my thoughts.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

The cockpit shake is causing the rendered world to shake too and it's awful. It's so silly people think this is realism, but it's ruining the view. Just look look at the hud and you'll see its perfectly still, makes no sense.

Needs an option to disable cockpit shake and/or not let the rendered world shake with it.

Actually it makes sence, since the HUD is colimated.

The airframe 'speaks' to you when it's shaking. I found it very intuitive to feel the edge of the envelope with the buffeting.

Without it, you would not know when your over the knife's edge... flatspin time!

METEOP

i5-6600K OC@4.5Ghz, GTX 1070 OC, 32Gb RAM, M.2 NVMe SSD

Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Rudder Pro, Trackhat Clip, 1080p projector, Custom touchscreen rig, Ikarus touchscreen panel, Voice Attack, ReShade, Simshaker Aviator

• 2 weeks later...
The cockpit shakes even in straight and level flight. A bit hard on the eyes. I would like an option to turn It off also.

You are never at 0 AoA, even in straight and level flight. Depending on your speed, altitude (both of which affect AoA) you will experience different levels of shaking even flying straight and level. It's especially apparent in the transonic region (when breaking through the sound barrier).

It's apparently realistic behavior, which does take some getting used to but now I barely notice it except to appreciate it a lot as it tells me a whole lot about what the airframe is doing without needing me to take a single look at a gauge.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

• 1 year later...
In my humble opinion it does not work well with panning and track ir.

I beg to differ sire! Have been using the F-14 since day one, both in VR and with face tracking (haven't tried HAT-induced panning yet), and in my opinion it doesn't just work well, it's outright necessary to fly the plane, especially in BFM and other edge-of-the-envelope maneuvering situations :thumbup:

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

I love how this thing is speaking to pilot at all stages of flight, you dont even have to get your head inside cockpit to know how you are performing. The noise and buffeting feedback is just perfect for hands on fighter like F-14.

The sudden stillness when you get in the air after take off roll, the mild buffeting when in transsonic region, the unexpected roll and buffeting in someones jet wash or wingtip vortex, and the violent protest of the beast against unreasonable AOA pull is just amazing.

In comparison F/A-18 I still fly sometimes feels totally sterile, no feedback at all.

Make sure you're not flying with your flaps down, or that you haven't spawned into an air spawn with the flaps out.

If you overspeed the flaps and get them stuck extended, the plane will violently shake until you land and repair it (or get a new plane).

Make sure you're not flying with your flaps down

Most of the time I fly with flaps out, I almost exclusively using Tomcat for landing practice.

I need to become sick from the big dose of shaking?

I'm enough good to not overspeed my LE flaps.

GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3, W8.1 on SSD, DCS on another SSD