Multiplayer multicrew

scorpion80

• ED Team
Hi all,

please be assured we have not forgotten about multicrew, and while I can not give specifics currently it is still on our list.

Thanks

It is almost like I knew something :)

I feel the same as you all, UH-1H is one of my favourites and while it has been a long time coming we will get there with multicrew. ;)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Sorry for being out of the loop, but where did you see any updates to this subject?

Edit:

Disregard!

Edited by Holton181

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

• ED Team

Hi

It will be just pilots for multi crew to begin with.

It has been a long time coming but I am sure it will have been worth everyone's patience, the UH-1H is one of my favourites, to be able to share the experience with friends will be great.

When we have more news we will pass it on.

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Please ED make the side door gunners available to Combined Arms owners :worthy:

:thumbup::thumbup:

This.

Don’t get me wrong, having a full Multicrew cockpit is great, and a huge leap forward.

But it’s still not the full crew on the Huey. Having gunners, who can protect the craft and wTch the rotors and tail on tight landings and obviously the swing load would be extremely beneficial to the operation of this ship.

There’s a reason a helo crew has a loadmaster in the back.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

YcMMsoV.jpg

FuTch0c.jpg

im hoping i can build something like this in future!

i wanted to make it for iL2 but the gunner controls are limited and janky.. only Arma comes closest but that game has no VR support.

anyways, it will be fun to have guests sit together side by side as a start..

copilot will be great when i have guests to show VR off

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

Hi

It has been a long time coming but I am sure it will have been worth everyone's patience, the UH-1H is one of my favourites, to be able to share the experience with friends will be great.

thank you

i want to share with friends as well!

THank youuuuu :D:D:D

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

Every other module only has "multi-crew" with max 2 clients. If UH-1H had full multi-crew it would be 4 clients in the same aircraft, a first for DCS World. I can appreciate that will take some additional work.

It would be nice if the second client could switch between co-pilot and doorgunner.

It would be nice if the second client could switch between co-pilot and doorgunner.

Agreed 100%

While it's great to see ED still cares about this module, it was a let down that a doorgunner still can't be the second person. Looking forward to buying this module when it matures a little bit more.

Edited by Dirty Mittens

Please ED make the side door gunners available to Combined Arms owners :worthy:

too difficult to achieve.

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.

I'm going to take the initiative to speak for what I assume is about 90% of us Huey fanboys out there, and give my sincerest thanks to the dev team for making this happen.

I've heard rumors that one team member, in particular, was given this task. So given that this is true, I'd like to thank them specifically.

You might hear a vocal minority who still complains, and of the majority of us who are well pleased, only a few will take the time to say thank you. So I post this to remind you: as a community, while we are sometimes at odds with the decisions made by ED for various reasons not germaine to this issue, we truly appreciate the hard work and dedication you demonstrate when unveiling these kinds of features.

Hi

thank you

So, does this mean if you have two people in the Huey they both have to stay in the pilot and copilot seats or could it mean that the 2nd person that joins is restricted to the copilot seat while the pilot has the ability to roam to the gunner seats?

Either way, I'm psyched! This will mean some great fake Vietnam missions in Georgia!

Thanks for the info BIGNEWY

IMO multicrew without doorgunners on the Huey doesn't make any sense. Maybe we have to wait another six years for this...

Uhm what? :huh:

While having multicrew doorgunners would be great, a multicrew co-pilot will already be a huge benefit!

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

So, does this mean if you have two people in the Huey they both have to stay in the pilot and copilot seats or could it mean that the 2nd person that joins is restricted to the copilot seat while the pilot has the ability to roam to the gunner seats?

Either way, I'm psyched! This will mean some great fake Vietnam missions in Georgia!

Thanks for the info BIGNEWY

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4077740&postcount=220

UH-1H Multi-Crew Functionality - currently in internal testing

This hugely anticipated feature is close to seeing the light of day. We have begun internal testing of multi-crew functionality for the Huey. The initial testing is progressing well, and it will allow two pilots to fly the Huey as a team. Pilots will be able to interact with each other’s panels, and it should be a beet fun addition to an already excellent module.

for combat, gunner is more useful.. he can shoot targets and spot.

im not sure if copilot is going to use the gun sight for flexible miniguns..

but man, just seems like doorgunner is just more fun as a role.

in any case, grateful for any updates

Have you had a chance to use the flex site? That thing is amazing and much more valuable to multiplayer IMO. It allows the pilot to keep his eyes open for Manpads and to dedicate brain power to flying.

I'll take copilot over doorgunners any day of the week.

There's nothing else to say except a big BRAVO ZULU to the team that heard the customer demand, planned it out, and persevered on this to solve the problems, develop it all and bring it to market.

I've been away for a week on a work trip, and came back to this absolutely joyful news.

Seriously guys, thank you.

/Fargo

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/

I don't fly multiplayer in DCS World very much, but having multicrew support for the UH-1 would be a big deal for me. My son has never taken much of an interest in flight sims, but I am pretty sure we could play this together if he was my co-pilot/gunner. We could play in VR together. I am sure he would love to use the miniguns to mow down light vehicles. Then, if he really enjoys it, maybe I can get him to start flying his own helo so we can fly in pairs. Wishful thinking, but I have been waiting for this feature for quite some time to see if my plan will work to get my son to fly with me.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IMO multicrew without doorgunners on the Huey doesn't make any sense. Maybe we have to wait another six years for this...

Hopefully the Kiowa will benefit from it. :)

WTH ?

After years of complaining & asking for the ability to have both a human pilot and co-pilot in MP, the moment it's announced it's about to arrive, people don't even wait till they've said 'great' before complaining that they just want MORE!!!!

Cheers.