M-2000C Mid-life Overhaul

Zeus67

Great news, thank you Razbam.

Just one question at 300$: the flight model will not be modified?

what are your feedback with the 2/5 in this point?

The AdA is very happy with the EFM and it is very close to how the actual aircraft handles. Their main observations are on cockpit functionality, because due to the lack of public info, it is a mix of models (C RDY, C RDI, even -5).

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

C RDM, C RDI, even -5

Is that what you wanted to say ?

IIRC the RDY radar was only put on the 2000-5 and the mirage got first the RDM and later the RDI (the one we have).

I have a quick question : Will you include the real RDO function on the mirage ? What about the DO function with the TEL IDN mode ?

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

The AdA is very happy with the EFM and it is very close to how the actual aircraft handles. Their main observations are on cockpit functionality, because due to the lack of public info, it is a mix of models (C RDY, C RDI, even -5).

So there are some function that will be "downgraded" from -5 to C ?

Not a problem, just a question :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok, an other question: the radar ground visualisation will be implented or not?

So there are some function that will be "downgraded" from -5 to C ?

Not a problem, just a question :)

Yes, but I am thinking of a giving an option for the user to select if they want a "Normal" or an "Enhanced" M-2000C cockpit.

The functions in no way increase the combat capabilities of the C, it is just that these are shortcuts that were implemented in the -5 after a review of the C. So, having them in no way makes the aircraft "better" it just helps to reduce the pilot workload by a bit.

And before anybody asks: No. We will not include the MICA missiles. The C cannot handle them.

Edited by Zeus67

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Ok, an other question: the radar ground visualisation will be implented or not?

Ground cluttering for low PRF mode will be implemented.

Better Jamming behavior and terrain return as well.

But ground obstacle visualization? No. The current DCS radar does not support that. The DCS radar is walking a very thin tightrope between functionality and FPS count. Ground visualization is very detrimental to FPS count, same drop like the AV-8B NA when it had all its video displays working at the same time.

Edited by Zeus67

Is that what you wanted to say ?

IIRC the RDY radar was only put on the 2000-5 and the mirage got first the RDM and later the RDI (the one we have).

I have a quick question : Will you include the real RDO function on the mirage ? What about the DO function with the TEL IDN mode ?

The radar has a bit of RDY coded in it as well. :smartass: But you are correct, I also meant RDM.

Sounds reasonable. Good FPS is a must when flying.

What does the Ada think about the weapons, any tweaks there?

I cannot comment on that. It is a sensitive matter for them as well as anything related to ECM/ECCM.

I'm looking forward to these updates. Thanks, Zeus :)

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Yes, but I am thinking of a giving an option for the user to select if they want a "Normal" or an "Enhanced" M-2000C cockpit.

Could you be a little more specific ? Are you talking about the automatic waypoint switching button ?

And what about the RDO and DO :smartass: ?

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

Could you be a little more specific ? Are you talking about the automatic waypoint switching button ?

Yes, it is small stuff like that. They also involve HUD and VTB displays.

And what about the RDO and DO :smartass: ?
We will see if it is possible to implement them.

Yes, it is small stuff like that. They also involve HUD and VTB displays.

We will see if it is possible to implement them.

Thanks for the answers :thumbup:.

Did you found the VTH PRED/CCLT switch functionality and do you plan to implement it ?

Not system wise, do you plan to update the engine and start-up sound ? The sound themselves are good but the timing/loop is not great.

And add some other sounds like battery buzz or INS spinning if it is realistic ?

These questions must be exhausting to answer, thanks for you time :D.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

The functions in no way increase the combat capabilities of the C, it is just that these are shortcuts that were implemented in the -5 after a review of the C. So, having them in no way makes the aircraft "better" it just helps to reduce the pilot workload by a bit.

And before anybody asks: No. We will not include the MICA missiles. The C cannot handle them.

Ok, wait and see :)

Thanks for the answer

Edited by bzhnono
typo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That's great to hear !

One question, it's not in the list but will you implement the CP/PD function of the INS ?

Regards,

Rex.

All PCN functions/modes will be reviewed.

All PCN functions/modes will be reviewed.

Received Loud and Clear :joystick:

It should be great to go further with the INS :)

Just a question, why the clock in the mirage cockpit isn't start with the beginning time of the mission ? It could be useful to follow the flight plan/rendez-vous and work with the INS.

Thanks.

Very cool news.

I got the Mirage a few weeks ago, ran through the tutorials, and was just about to fire up the first campaign mission this weekend. Lovely little aircraft!

I guess that this is long term project, but with the first changes scheduled to appear already in January, I'm wondering if these changes will keep breaking the campaign as they appear, and if it will be better to wait until most things are overhauled before getting stuck in to the two campaigns.

Any thoughts from anyone?

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

Very cool news.

I got the Mirage a few weeks ago, ran through the tutorials, and was just about to fire up the first campaign mission this weekend. Lovely little aircraft!

I guess that this is long term project, but with the first changes scheduled to appear already in January, I'm wondering if these changes will keep breaking the campaign as they appear, and if it will be better to wait until most things are overhauled before getting stuck in to the two campaigns.

Any thoughts from anyone?

Campaigns and missions should not be affected by the updates. Only system tutorials will be affected and not all of them.

Campaigns and missions should not be affected by the updates. Only system tutorials will be affected and not all of them.

Brilliant! That's great to hear.

Thanks for the quick reply, and the Mirage update news.

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

The Mirage campaigns (both of them) are two of the best campaigns done. First thing I did with the transition over to 2.5 was replay the Mirage Caucasus campaign even with the DCS AI doing what the DCS AI does it is a great way to learn the aircraft as it ramps up the difficulty slowly and without any spoilers the campaign is worth playing right the way though.

I'm looking forward to the updates and to what looks as if it should be a good year coming up for the Mirage, for Razbam and for DCS as a whole.