New VR Settings for 2.5

Wags

So, if we are getting a new setting to apparently force VR (or is it to simply start Oculus Home when DCS starts?) will "--force_disable_VR" still work?

I do mission editing without VR, of course, and it would be a PITA to always have to start DCS to turn VR off to then edit a mission, and then have to turn VR back on.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

I just use Skate's update utility to start DCS World non-VR when I want to do work on mission editing or control profiles.

Actually, it would need updating to do that with 2.5, though (I think)

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

dumb question,

why not read the IPD value off the HMD and use that one?

In a perfect world, that's exactly what should happen. There should be no need to separate in-game IPD adjustment.

I don't know why it does not work for some people, either VR hardware reports wrong IPD, or they set the wrong IPD in their headset, or the games don't adjust for that automatically. Add to that 3D modelling errors unrelated to IPD and you get a lot of confusion about what this setting does.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

dumb question,

why not read the IPD value off the HMD and use that one?

Different Headsets and APIs report different values.

Its not just Oculus and Vive anymore.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

So, if we are getting a new setting to apparently force VR (or is it to simply start Oculus Home when DCS starts?) will "--force_disable_VR" still work?

I do mission editing without VR, of course, and it would be a PITA to always have to start DCS to turn VR off to then edit a mission, and then have to turn VR back on.

I just use Skate's update utility to start DCS World non-VR when I want to do work on mission editing or control profiles.

Actually, it would need updating to do that with 2.5, though (I think)

My App works perfectly with testing and dev versions already.

I launch VR Mode without Oculus Home all the time using the app and then non VR mode as well.

and alot of the under the hood things in my apps changelog is re-coding detection to work w/ the new DRM and files.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

:thumbup:

Good to know, thank you for all your efforts on this great app!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

The only new settings on that screen are IPD and Hand Controllers,

Everything else has been there for a while now.

I launch VR Mode without Oculus Home all the time using the app and then non VR mode as well.

and alot of the under the hood things in my apps changelog is re-coding detection to work w/ the new DRM and files.

I'm just a tad confused now. So using your app to implement the settings for VR, you then start DCS normally and your HMD and sensors work without Oculus Home starting?

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

I'm just a tad confused now. So using your app to implement the settings for VR, you then start DCS normally and your HMD and sensors work without Oculus Home starting?
I run dcs without oculus home... and it work fine,

Just right mousclick on the exe were you start home with, and make it to run as an administrator..

Afther that oculus will not start when you put on vr, but when you start dcs in vr mode, vr start working without home ;)

Thats how i do with no app :)

----------------------------------------------------------

i7 2600K oc 4.7g / asus gtx 1080 gaming x+ / 16gig ram / ssd 500gig / oculus rift / jetseat se / saitek rudder ((next upgrade)mfg crosswind) / logitech warthog hotas + 20cm extention

I run dcs without oculus home... and it work fine,

Just right mousclick on the exe were you start home with, and make it to run as an administrator..

Afther that oculus will not start when you put on vr, but when you start dcs in vr mode, vr start working without home ;)

Thats how i do with no app :)

----------------------------------------------------------

i7 2600K oc 4.7g / asus gtx 1080 gaming x+ / 16gig ram / ssd 500gig / oculus rift / jetseat se / saitek rudder ((next upgrade)mfg crosswind) / logitech warthog hotas + 20cm extention

..but then presumably you can't turn off ASW with the tray tool?

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB

CORSAIR H105 HYDRO CPU COOLER.

EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 Elite.

16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

SAMSUNG M.2 SSD 128GB SM951 Boot Drive.

SAMSUNG SSD 500GB EVO Working Drive.

Windows 10 Professional

..but then presumably you can't turn off ASW with the tray tool?

That is correct, OTT needs Home running to apply it's settings.

I will say I have run it extensively both with and without Home running, and I do not see any discernible difference in performance at least for my feeble eyes.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

how do you get DCS to run with out oculus home?

i hope it is not through steamVR either...

i just want to play DCS with lest processes as possible.

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

how do you get DCS to run with out oculus home?

i hope it is not through steamVR either...

i just want to play DCS with lest processes as possible.

Set your Oculus Home client to " run as administrator".

It will no longer open automatically, only when you launch it.

Don B

Ummm.... where exactly do I find your App? :D

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

Ummm.... where exactly do I find your App? :D

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=160053

Works a treat!

Don B

Muchos grassy-ass compodre :thumbup:

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...
Dear All,

Here are some new VR settings coming with DCS World 2.5.

Thanks!

Would it possible to include a setting to control which eye is used as output for the desktop render?

Stream viewers dont get the "down sights" view with the MiG-15 due to the gunsight being offeset to the right and its seems natural as pilot to position your head to use predominently the right eye for aiming. Suspect the same issue occurs with the 109-K4

In the mean time does anyone know if this is editable in any DCS config files or is it handled oculus side?

Many thanks

Dun

The FALSE is real, but it's not THRUTH right?

Intel i7 8700K OC4.4GHz | 16GB | GTX1080Ti | Logitech G940 | TrackIR5 |

Would it possible to include a setting to control which eye is used as output for the desktop render?

Stream viewers dont get the "down sights" view with the MiG-15 due to the gunsight being offeset to the right and its seems natural as pilot to position your head to use predominently the right eye for aiming. Suspect the same issue occurs with the 109-K4

In the mean time does anyone know if this is editable in any DCS config files or is it handled oculus side?

Many thanks

Dun

You Can always use Oculus Mirror

Oculus mirror has an issue when moving your head left, you get a black bar for some reason, not ideal for streaming or recording imo.

Twitch2DCS - Bring twitch chat into DCS.

SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

twitch / youtube / facebook / twitter / discord

I didnt get any black bars, but my FPS took a nose dive.

I didnt get any black bars, but my FPS took a nose dive.

Interesting last i tested it with DCS, in particular recording with it, it was black bars, i've seen some streams with it too. Wonder if it has to do with recording or streaming in particular.

Twitch2DCS - Bring twitch chat into DCS.

SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

twitch / youtube / facebook / twitter / discord

Yes I know and have tried it with the right eye view but it's really not very good for quality or performance plus theres other issues.

So we're back to requiring a VR menu option to select which eye is rendered to desktop or wondering if there's a file one can edit to achieve the same result as a workaround.

What if your left eye dominant

You read and understand my post?

"Would it possible to include a setting to control which eye is used as output for the desktop render?"

This request is made in the hope pilots can configure their game to suit their eyesight, left or right eye predominance.

In a MiG-15 or ME109 with left eye dominance you're going to have to lean your head futher to the right.... Hope this clarifies.