Handling on the ground

ebabil

I'm getting a very distinct pull to the right side of the runway always on takeoff. I do disengaged NWS steering around 50-60kts, but I find I still need quite a bit of rudder to keep the jet in the middle of the runway until liftoff. It almost like taking off with a big prop motor with lots of torque. A single engine centerline thrust jet should not be veering off the runway so quickly with no rudder inputs. I can't imagine the real F-16 behaves this way.

100% agreed. I think the Viper FM still needs a lot of work. The ground handling feels all sorts of bizarre and there's a dangerously large bump in the flight control laws when you drop the gear that makes performing a proper overhead overly difficult compared to every other fighter in the game. Not to mention the issues with thrust that have been beaten to death elsewhere.

• 3 weeks later...

yeah this is still horrible. especially if there is a strong wind, then you are done. even full right or left rudder can't save you.

i am having this problem even at very very slow taxi under some windy conditions. this is overdone

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5