Unable to fly missions, Campaigns inactive

Hi all,

I have Flaming Cliffs 2, which I selected over DCS 1.5 because I can run it on max settings on my PC.

I am only able to fly in Quick Start mode. There is nothing under the Training section. There are plenty of .miz missions under the Mission section, but when I double click them and the details appear, there is no way to proceed...no 'fly' or 'continue' button (actually no button at all). And all the campaigns show as 'Inactive'.

What gives??? Please help :cry:

1992752200_Trainingblank.thumb.jpg.a1ec4cc42d7e7afe9c882f4bffbf887e.jpg

1715366763_Nowaytoproceedwithmissions.thumb.jpg.3496ff3ca88de22e3e395be7a6219fab.jpg

471423756_Campaignsinactive.thumb.jpg.148f552fde105db10064bac04f9a71b5.jpg

Edited by Condor_USAF
added attachments

• 2 weeks later...

I'm no expert but I do remember the Training missions are a Download separate from the game. The Missions I would suggest you Open them in the EDITOR & check that the planes are set to PLAYER. Other than that I think you will have to Re-Download & Register.

Hi all,

I have Flaming Cliffs 2, which I selected over DCS 1.5 because I can run it on max settings on my PC.

I am only able to fly in Quick Start mode.

There is nothing under the Training section.

There are plenty of .miz missions under the Mission section, but when I double click them and the details appear, there is no way to proceed...no 'fly' or 'continue' button (actually no button at all).

All the campaigns show as 'Inactive'.

What gives??? Please help :cry:

1. Training missions were are separate download as stated by someone else.
  2. Been a while, but I think the missing buttons is is related to the screen resolution you use, being an older title, it doesn't scale correctly to higher resolutions such as HD 1080p ( 1920x1080 ), it has to be run in its original intended resolution ( 1024x768 ) or something close to that for all of the buttons to be visible in the menu, the Mission Editor will also be missing all of the buttons on the left hand side for inputing units and the like.
  3. The campaigns will always say inactive, until you can actually click on the "start a campaign" button that is currently missing.

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

• 3 weeks later...
  2. Been a while, but I think the missing buttons is is related to the screen resolution you use, being an older title, it doesn't scale correctly to higher resolutions such as HD 1080p ( 1920x1080 ), it has to be run in its original intended resolution ( 1024x768 ) or something close to that for all of the buttons to be visible in the menu, the Mission Editor will also be missing all of the buttons on the left hand side for inputing units and the like.
  3. The campaigns will always say inactive, until you can actually click on the "start a campaign" button that is currently missing.

Regards, Ian.

Yes!! You are exactly right mate. Reducing resolution to 1024 makes the buttons appear for proceeding to the next screen.

However, I'm happy to report that I discovered DCS World 2.5 runs quite well on my PC, albeit in low settings. As such, I've graduated to FC3 on 2.5.

Cheers!

• 5 years later...
On 7/3/2018 at 3:36 AM, MadDog-IC said:

Regards, Ian.

Hi Ian! I have similar problem: Starting campaign button does not exist. I open campaign with all missions even create my own but button still missing. I´m new in this, is there some that I missed making some mistake or there is something else here?

2024-03-13_044233_cr.jpg

On 3/15/2024 at 11:11 AM, COA said:

Hi Ian! I have similar problem: Starting campaign button does not exist. I open campaign with all missions even create my own but button still missing. I´m new in this, is there some that I missed making some mistake or there is something else here?

1) Picture you show is the campaign editor, you can't run a campaign from there.

2) The main menu of Lockon or FC2 should have something like a "Fly mission" or "Fly campaign" menu choice on it to run your missions.

3) If after selecting "Fly Mission" or "Fly Campaign" menus show and you select a mission file and you don't have a button to start the mission, go to the "Graphic / Screen Options Menu" and change the screen resolution to 1024 x 768 or there abouts.

Edited by MadDog-IC

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

21 hours ago, MadDog-IC said:

1) Picture you show is the campaign editor, you can't run a campaign from there.

2) The main menu of Lockon or FC2 should have something like a "Fly mission" or "Fly campaign" menu choice on it to run your missions.

3) If after selecting "Fly Mission" or "Fly Campaign" menus show and you select a mission file and you don't have a button to start the mission, go to the "Graphic / Screen Options Menu" and change the screen resolution to 1024 x 768 or there abouts.

In main menu there are mission, campaign editor, mission player and in campaign I have campaign inactive as Condor_USAF posted above. I have no problems with any resolution but activation and playing campaign is still mistery. I can play and edit any campaign mission separately, make may own campaign with my own missions but campaign is still inactive