[GUIDE, X-55] How to setup the mouse nipple to the slew

Hi,

I just figured out how to setup the mouse nipple on the throttle to act as it should, aka the TDC/HOTAS slew! :)

READ FIRST!! I am typing this config from a keyboard with a nordic layout. If you have a American layout on your keyboard, I advise you to check google for pictures on a keyboard with nordic layout. E.x Nordic layout has "Ö, Ä, Å", which american layouts doesnt. So to configure the slew correct, my "Ö" button should be ";" on american layouts.

And when you are configuring every Mouse Axis that needs a advanced command, aka "New advanced command", you'll notice that when you press E.x "-" button for the "=Slew right", you'll get 2 inputs. One press and one release. Just left click on the latter input (The release input), and delete it by right clicking it. If done correctly, the button press should only show one input with the value "0,000" below it.

This is mainly for the X-55 Rhino HOTAS. But should work on any other HOTAS with mouse nipple. OBS! The Saitek SST software is required.

1 Open your Saitek SST software (The programming software for your joystick)

2. Locate your mouse nipple in the SST software, and configure it as below.

First, set your Mouse X Axis and Mouse Y Axis to Bands

Now, configure the Mouse X Axis bands like this.

Mouse X Axis

Mouse X Axis 0% - 15% = Slew left. (Slew left is the name of the assign) And click up the "New advanced command". Make it press "," (Exclude the " " marks. Just the dot!)

Mouse X Axis 15% - 85%. Set it to "Do Nothing"

Mouse X Axis 85% - 100% = Slew right. Make it press "-" in "New advanced command"

Mouse Y Axis

Mouse Y Axis 0% - 15% = Slew up. Make it press "ö" in "New advanced command".

Mouse Y Axis 15% - 85%. Set it to "Do Nothing"

Mouse Y Axis 85% - 100% = Slew down. Make it press "." in "New advanced command"

IMPORTANT! Your slew or target designator keyboard binds must be default, the dot, semicolon and so on.

Jeez, it looks soo confusing and complicated when im looking at this right now. I hope this guide is easy to understand and follow. If you have skipped my words before the actual guide, I highly advise you to read it. Otherwise the setup might not work properly.

Any questions, critics, advices etc is always appreciated. Dont hesitate to reply if any issues occurs. I have also attached a screenshot on how it should look in the SST software.

Method 2. I havent tryed it yet, so I cant tell if this one is better or worse etc.. Might be easier to configure.

Set your Mouse X Axis as "Mouse X", and your Mouse Y Axis as "Mouse Y". Adjust the sensitivity for each axis as you'd like. Now, this example is on Su-27, your slew options might be named different.

Options->Su-27->Axis Commands. Locate "TDC Slew Vertical (Mouse)". Double click on the far right row (The mouse bindings row), and choose "Mouse_X" for horizontal slew, and "Mouse_Y" for vertical slew. Make sure there is no other Mouse binds, so no conflicts occurs.

As said before. I havent tryed this yet, but it should work if im not completely out of my mind, lol.

Regards, Alkaline

P.S - If you like my guide, I wouldnt mind a +REP

dfff.thumb.jpg.65cdf1b00dcfeb903caf6060565e28fc.jpg

Edited by Alkaline
  • Like 1

X-55 Rhino guide to configure the Mouse Nipple to work as TDC slew!

My rig

AMD FX-8320 @ 4.4GHz

8GB RAM

R9 270x 2GB

SSD

Win 8.1 Pro

Very cool. Ill try that tonight.

Dale

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Very cool. Ill try that tonight.

Dale

Thanks. Dont forget to get back here to tell how it went! :) I forgot to mention that you must bind the slew/Target designator as it is default ingame. You know, the semicolon and dot letters on the keyboard.

Unless you try the 2nd method. Tho, Im unable to assist on the 2nd method.

X-55 Rhino guide to configure the Mouse Nipple to work as TDC slew!

My rig

AMD FX-8320 @ 4.4GHz

8GB RAM

R9 270x 2GB

SSD

Win 8.1 Pro

• 1 month later...

Have to try that as well, thanks for sharing

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

• 2 weeks later...

i got it working but it only moves the slew for a brief second and then i have to press the mouse nipple in that direction over and ever to get it to move across the screen, how do i set it to continuouslly slew when i hold down the mouse nipple in a direction?

Edited by timone1002

A little tip I would give.

When you create advanced commands in SST, it's very important to have a "key release" for each executed "key press". Otherwise you will end up keys pressed down until they get the release command elsewhere.

Like now, if you use your slew left and then right, you will have the slew left down when operating on slew right zone and both down when returning middle.

So instead, I would set it like this:

attachment.php?attachmentid=110328&d=1419686243

Difference is that when you operate on the 20% Mouse X Axis zone, it holds the dot down and when you leave the 20% Mouse X Axis zone ie. return to middle, it sends a dot release key command. That's how you avoid all the ghost presses etc.

And by right clicking on each press/release column and selecting "Quantize Time" to 0,000 you can get rid of the delays you created. In some cases you need a little delay, but in this most likely not.

Otherwise it's a nice guide. Happy nipple rubbing!

hardcorenipplerubbing.jpg.0c707f8f983727cb8f066301e56056ed.jpg

Edited by Bassly

Too bad the X-55 mouse "joystick" is very sub-par!

I've had TWO throttles now with crappy mouse "control". Time to get to the bottom of this.

Disassemble... Carbon membrane switches. FFS!

Replaced with 5 way Tactile switch and some resistors. SOLID AS A ROCK. It is NOT a software driver problem if you do manage to get some mouse movement with this throttle.

DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME. YOU WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Elaborate

I've had TWO throttles now with crappy mouse "control". Time to get to the bottom of this.

Replaced with 5 way Tactile switch and some resistors. SOLID AS A ROCK. It is NOT a software driver problem if you do manage to get some mouse movement with this throttle.

Hi mate,

do you mind elaborating on this please? I don't give a monkey about my warranty if I can get that replaced with a nice 5-way tactile switch.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

• 3 weeks later...
Hi mate,

do you mind elaborating on this please? I don't give a monkey about my warranty if I can get that replaced with a nice 5-way tactile switch.

also i need this :smilewink:

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Would like to make this too, please tell us more :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 years later...

Clearing modes 2 & 3

Hi

I realize that this thread has long ago gone cold and the folks involved may not even be alive let alone still playing this game or using this stick, but...

I can't figure out how to delete modes 2 & 3.

For A10 I started out by just clearing the profile in tray icon and then mapping everything to the HOTAS in the game thru options/controls but I can't get the mouse sticks to work in the game so I've created a stripped down profile for A10 with everything set to either unprogrammed or disabled except for the mouse sticks which are set to mouse x&y.

To further clean up the profile I want to delete the profiles for modes 2 & 3. Anyone have an idea how to do that. I remember doing it in the older versions of the software but can't seem to find a way to get it done in this latest version. Oh and my stick is the X56 in case that matters.

Thanks

DH

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...