OH-58D In flight testing now Twitch - Page 5 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-04-2019, 05:31 PM   #41
borchi_2b
3rd Party Developer

@Sephyrius:

I did not know that there was such a VOD pay stuff in there, so appologies for that.

We will come to that in a different post though.

About your 206 experiance, that is nice to hear. One thing though, 206 and 58d Kiowa Warrior are defenately not feeling anything alike and this is confirmed by all the testers that, cause they have all gone through the TF67, which is a 206
Old 12-06-2019, 10:34 AM   #42
Sephyrius

Quote:
Originally Posted by borchi_2b View Post
@Sephyrius:

I did not know that there was such a VOD pay stuff in there, so appologies for that.

We will come to that in a different post though.

About your 206 experiance, that is nice to hear. One thing though, 206 and 58d Kiowa Warrior are defenately not feeling anything alike and this is confirmed by all the testers that, cause they have all gone through the TF67, which is a 206
Looking forward to checking it out.

And alright, hoped it would at least have a general similarity. I think it would be useful for people to know what setup your real life pilots use the module with, for example the twitchy and very sensitive feel of the Gazelle might be a completely different experience for a $1000 floor mounted helicopter cyclic and your average joe with his T16000M.

On that note, Im guessing that there wont be any FFB support for the Kiowa?
Sephyrius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 05:32 PM   #43
cordite

Anyone here don't like the "no rifle firing" decision? I've been reading people saying it's a deal breaker, but I don't understand why. Maybe if DCS infantry were like that ground based sim/game, but right now, what benefit would firing a rifle out the door bring?
cordite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 05:38 PM   #44
Jester986

While it would be cool I'm not upset about not being able to use the rifle. In the real world Kiowa pilots were deadly with them, but what we would end up with in dcs would be something like the door gun implementation but only semi automatic. And with how the infantry is in DCS I don't think its much of a loss. Then you have to consider that the ai would have to fly while you gun, and there not going to get you close enough to hit targets with a rifle. You'd have to have multicrew first.
Jester986 is offline   Reply With Quote