Pause headtracking in VR?

Lange_666

Is it possible to temporarily pause headtracking in VR?

Reason is the blue cross jumping around slightly which acts as mouse pointer when one wants to do some setups in the cockpit. I find this very annoying.

This happens with IR tracking to (TrackIR, Freetrack etc...) but there you have the option to pause the headtracking so the mouse pointer stays stable.

But this pause option seem not to exist in VR. Or does it?

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Not that I am aware of.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

In Oculus Debug Tool > Layer Properties > Layer 0 > Head Locked : Force True

I don't know if it can be used to easely define the snapviews but the fact is that DCS don't follow anymore the head movement. DCS is fixed and when you move your head, it is like if your were looking in a keyhole. You have to adjust your head position to see the DCS screen

According to your need, it's definitively not a user friendly setting to use

i7 12700k, RTX 3080ti, 64GB RAM, M.2 512Go, Quest 2

That's not usable directly from within DCS (but thanks for the heads-up Chapa, BTW that USB PCI card arrived today...), i need something to stop de blue incockpit mouse from following my head when i want to set something up in the cockpit.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

The one you proposed. Advantage is that it can be seated into a small PCI slot instead of a big one (for GPU), this prevent it from stealing PCI lanes as oposed to the one i had.

That's not usable directly from within DCS (but thanks for the heads-up Chapa, BTW that USB PCI card arrived today...), i need something to stop de blue incockpit mouse from following my head when i want to set something up in the cockpit.

Odd, I do not get anything unless I either click the mouse or a button on my stick I have assigned as a mouse click. It comes on for a few seconds then goes off.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

If it's jumping severely enough to make hitting buttons with the mouse that sounds very severe.

I noticed for instance the other day I was seeing a little noise/wobble primarily noticed this as if my cockpit flightstick in elite dangerous was vibrating, a bit like the old cv1 used to do.

But I remember the S being as perfectly still as could be.

Hm what could be going, well one of my recent addition to my setup was four TM-cougsr MFD button panels, and I had those on the lower lot setting and these looked to be strobing in the passthrough.

I then proceeded to turn off the LED's on those and suddenly it was all stable again.

I'm not saying this is your problem, but it could be worth to have a look around using the S passthrough view and look for lightsources that are flickering or strobing.

i7 8700k @ 4.7, 32GB 2900Mhz, 1080ti, CV1

Virpil MT-50\Delta, MFG Crosswind, Warthog Throttle, Virptil Mongoost-50 throttle.

It comes on for a few seconds then goes off.

In fact there are 2 sorts of mouse, the blue cross and the white dot, which are in fact one mouse but then again...

If you don't do anything, there is no mouse.

Once you move your real mouse (and keep your head perfectly still) the white dot shows up and you can move that dot to the place you want to activate a button, rotary or whatever lever.

But if the tracking picks up a head movement, the white dot then becomes the blue cross and moves around caused by the tracking. It ain't much and it's less pronounced then in TrackIR but still it annoys me. This can move the previously perfectly set white dot a bit around and i hate that. Could be avoided with either a dead zone in TrackIR profile or by pausing it. I would like to have an option to only have the white dot active and turn off the blue cross take-over.

You could say... keep your head still but i think i've done way to much headbanging years ago and maybe still suffer a bit from it.

@Bob: No strobes...:thumbup:

Edited by Lange_666