Advice on dealing with the F-14 armed with a AIM-54?

oscar19681

I tried everything in the book and if im really lucky i can Dodge 1 or 2 AIM-54,s at most. But after that i allways bite the dust. Even when i jump in my wingmans Seat? Same story.

I dont have any awnser to country an Iranian f-14,s armed with AIM-54,s. I just never ever close enough to get a kill. And the only thing i can bring to the fight are AIM 120C,s with the F-18.

Anybody got any advice as to how i can be effective in dealing with this puppy?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

well in reality the damned things suffered that many seeker fails, motor fails etc that outside of the few 'tests' they were never overly effective (in US Service) for the price tag.. It's why you see more and more Tom Cats towards their EOL running AIM-7/120c mixes as by the end of 2004 the 54's where taken out of service. The Irani's used them though with great effect (54 kills from memory).

During the Gulf war the Iraqi's tended to turn and run when they were fired on by the 54, basically forcing them to waste the shots..

So your best bet normally is to if they launch long enough away turn and run against the first set.. then go defensive and try and ground drive them if your closer, hopefully maybe we get some of the seeker and motor issues modelled and every one can experience the swearing the real pilots did ;)

i7 13700k, 64gb DDR5, Warthog HOTAS, HP Reverb G2 VR, win 11, RTX 3070

TGW Dedicated Server Admin, Australian PVE/PVP gameplay. (taskgroupwarrior.info/2020)

It's why you see more and more Tom Cats towards their EOL running AIM-7/120c mixes as by the end of 2004 the 54's where taken out of service.

The Tomcat never flew using AIM-120's outside of testing, they've only ever flown with AIM-7's, AIM-54's, and AIM-9's.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Tomcat never flew using AIM-120's outside of testing, they've only ever flown with AIM-7's, AIM-54's, and AIM-9's.

Wow you for real? Good looking lady knows her Fighterplane stuff. How cool is that?

It seems the Tomcat is your thing. You up for some online head to head (Tomcat vs Hornet) when the Tomcat go,s live?

By then the AIM-54 wont be a problem for me anymore :)

Edited by oscar19681

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How realistic is the AIM-54,s flightmodel in DCS anyway?

The current one in dcs is simple. But fun to use tho. I got a kill using it on the SU-27 the other night from 90km and it was a player too! I believe the Heatblur is doing their own flight model for it and it is to be of high quality, like as close as you can get. The did a update on here a while back all about the AIM-54

Wow you for real? Good looking lady knows her Fighterplane stuff. How cool is that?

It seems the Tomcat is your thing. You up for some online head to head (Tomcat vs Hornet) when the Tomcat go,s live?

By then the AIM-54 wont be a problem for me anymore :)

He is not a lady. He is a Russian dude who is fan of Korean girls. He has their pics all over the place. Yeah, I know what you think, weird ... Lol

But yeah, the Tomcat never operated AIM120...

The AIM54 modeled by HB Will be very effective according to what they hinted.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G965F mit Tapatalk

He is not a lady. He is a Russian dude who is fan of Korean girls. He has their pics all over the place. Yeah, I know what you think, weird ... Lol

But yeah, the Tomcat never operated AIM120...

The AIM54 modeled by HB Will be very effective according to what they hinted.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G965F mit Tapatalk

Lol, i dated woman from all over the world. But you dont see me putting girly pics all over my profile do you? Thats just freakin weird ????????

But i today i did have Some succes against AIM-54 by putting the missle on my 3 or 9 o clock while hitting the deck in full afterburner. I got close enough to get a lock and got shots at the Tomcat. Unfortunatly it was my wingman that got a kill & the other Tomcat ran back to iran. That shit was really intense...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]