BlueFlag: Persian Gulf - Official Round

Ciribob

I really enjoyed it... this time more than the others, thanks to the new enviroment.

Keep on going guys with this events! Buddyspike so is far the only thing that sticks me to this sim :) It is a great place where to have fun, cooperate with other REAL people (that's why I don't like singleplayer) and also strategy is required, military communication skills too and so on... simply AMAZING

SILVER 11 | Dedde

DCS MODULES: A-10C; F-15C ; M2000C; AV-8B N/A; F/A-18C; SA342; CA.

Asus PRIME Z490-P Intel Core i7 10700K @4.9 GHzNvidia GeForce GTX1070 8GbCorsair Vengeance LPX Black 32Gb (2x16Gb) DDR4 @3200MHzSamsung 850 EVO 256GbSamsung 24" 1920x1080 @60HzTrackIr 5; Hotas Warthog; Thrustmaster TFRP; Turtle Beach PX22;

Only did 1 Cargo Flight but it was great ;) More next time !

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

I did 0 flights, as the event lasted way shorter than had been announced... ;( (And I wasn't home till later)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Yes and that was the most important thing.

A lot of the new folks I dragged into it are asking about the next round as they barely got into learning the flow before it was over.

The most important thing is - did you enjoy it? :)

Don't forget to vote for your sides MVP - details on Discord and votes close Sunday

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Yes and that was the most important thing.

A lot of the new folks I dragged into it are asking about the next round as they barely got into learning the flow before it was over.

Tell 'em it's gonna be up in two more weeks

SILVER 11 | Dedde

DCS MODULES: A-10C; F-15C ; M2000C; AV-8B N/A; F/A-18C; SA342; CA.

Asus PRIME Z490-P Intel Core i7 10700K @4.9 GHzNvidia GeForce GTX1070 8GbCorsair Vengeance LPX Black 32Gb (2x16Gb) DDR4 @3200MHzSamsung 850 EVO 256GbSamsung 24" 1920x1080 @60HzTrackIr 5; Hotas Warthog; Thrustmaster TFRP; Turtle Beach PX22;

Man, I wished I had the time like in my twenties, no kids, GF version 0.9, my own flat, gaming from 8pm to 8am and hten crash out till 4pm :joystick:

Nowadays, one gets to the PC after a full day of work & family, strap the virtual fasteners, kick the gears in...and you fi nd out you are so wasted already that you only serve as a bait..waahaaa...it's still fun.

That's one of the reason's Bit flies the Mi-8, slow and steady, some grey hair but in general still in good shape. The Mi-8 and me, a perfect match, even for BF.

Thanks to the BF Team for this great effort. I enjoy every minute :D

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Nowadays, one gets to the PC after a full day of work & family, strap the virtual fasteners, kick the gears in...and you fi nd out you are so wasted already that you only serve as a bait..waahaaa...it's still fun.

At least you serve as a bait. Usually i am so excited to fly that i fall asleep after 5 mins in the air only to get woken up by my jetseat telling me i crashed. :thumbup:

Specs:WIN10, I7-4790K, ASUS RANGER VII, 16GB G.Skill DDR3, GEFORCE 1080, NVME SSD, SSD, VIRPIL T-50 THROTTLE, K-51 COLLECTIVE, MS FFB2 (CH COMBATSTICK MOD), MFG CROSSWINDS, JETPAD, RIFT S

Modules:A10C, AH-64D, AJS-37, AV8B, BF109K4, CA, F/A18C, F14, F5EII, F86F, FC3, FW190A8, FW190D9, KA50, L39, M2000C, MI8TV2, MI24P, MIG15BIS, MIG19P, MIG21BIS, MIRAGE F1, P51D, SA342, SPITFIRE, UH1H, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, CHANNEL, SYRIA

Thrustmaster TWCS Afterburner Detent
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223776

My Frankenwinder ffb2 stick

Only did 1 Cargo Flight but it was great ;) More next time !
Well I only got 2 nights to play before the Blue won. Each round is getting shorter and shorter. Those Reaper guys seem like didnt need to sleep at all which is awesome lol .

I'm jealous, getting old is suck

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

you don't wake up by "Pull up, pull up!" ? :D

So the reapers placed tons of Kub sams? tongue.gif

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

I don't want to be that one that complains about imbalance, but wow. After some testing and researching, I simply don't know why Red (USA/UAE) isn't allowed the 120C but Blue (Iran) gets their whole A2A and SEAD/Ship arsenal.

Below is tested in current OB 2.5.3.23225, F-15C and MiG-29S/M2000C flying around 7000 feet and 550 knots with radar lock on each other: (Note: 2000 knots equals to 0.639 MILES per second.)

120B - Rocket lasts 8 seconds. Hits 1600-1800 knots at 8 seconds.

120C - Rocket lasts 8 seconds. Hits 2000 knots at 7.5 seconds and sustains for 0.5.

R27ER - Rocket lasts 10 seconds. Hits 2000 knots at 3 seconds and sustains 2000 knots during remaining burn.

R27ET - Rocket lasts 10 seconds. Hits 1900 knots at 3 seconds then slows to 1700 knots during remaining burn.

R77 - Rocket lasts 6 seconds. Hits 1900 knots at 6 seconds.

Super 530D - Rocket lasts 10 seconds. Hits 1700 knots at 10 seconds.

Why is Su-25T allowed Kh-58U and Viggen allowed RB-15? Nothing A-10C has can compare and neither F/A-18C or AV-8B has HARM/Harpoon yet...:music_whistling:

No wonder Red got absolutely smacked the official round.

Trying to head-on BVR fight 1 F-15 vs 2 Su-27/33's (or J-11's)(non-suck pilots) is impossible. If we don't TWS spamraam every 3-5 miles starting at 18 miles, we're dead before we make it to 120B's effective kill range of 3-6 miles, depending on each other's engagement tactics. If we aren't given 120C's to counter the ER or if the ER isn't removed from Blue, I think I'm done on Blue Flag for a while. Getting tired of being outnumbered as CAP (F-15) and outgunned because of it. Hornet's are useless CAP right now and everyone seems to prefer it over the Eagle. If the ER gets banned then the M2000 could stay on Blue, but maybe in order to fix the Blue to Red ratio of players, it should be moved to Red. Also, I think helo's shouldn't be able to carry both a repair crate AND troops at once.

P.S.- My stats aren't registering on the gadget website; only sorties, landings, and deaths are being recorded.

Edited by Tailhook

Intel i9-13900K : ASUS TUF RTX 4080 : 32GB G.Skill RipjawsV 4000 : TM HOTAS Warthog : HP Reverb G2

So, it's unfair because you lose in a 2v1 situation?

I'd like to see you switch to our side and fight 1v2 with 120B's against coordinated opponents with ET's and ER's. 1v2'ing over equal terrain isn't hard, actually trying to kill them both before they kill me with their faster and longer range missiles IS. ;)

Statistically on paper, as I put it above, 1v2+'ing with possible 8 120B's on F-15C vs possible 14 R27ER/ET's on two Su-33's is a clear disadvantage, regardless of the AMRAAM fire and forget. The 120B is only effective less than 8 nm with kill range of about 4 nm. The only way to win in such engagement is to gain some type of advantage like being sneaky, having more altitude, or catch the opponent off-guard by joining in on an engagement with another friendly. Other than that, when fighting against someone head-on that knows what they are doing, the situation is tricky.

why did it end that fast? was blue up alone for one night and took all objectives?

During the official round Blue had most of the virtual squadrons participating as CAP while others were taking objectives. Red (USA/UAE) was having a hard time holding back the enemy CAP just off the coast of Dubai for a quite a while. Most of Red CAP was 70% Hornets 30% Eagles which resulted in a number of friendly fires. During the second day, Blue managed to take Khasab and proceeded to attack and capture the whole South-eastern side which ended up pinching Red badly. Third day, most of Red gave up cause it was already game over with carrier dead and 85% of map was Blue.

Edited by Tailhook

Intel i9-13900K : ASUS TUF RTX 4080 : 32GB G.Skill RipjawsV 4000 : TM HOTAS Warthog : HP Reverb G2

I'd like to see you switch to our side and fight 1v2 with 120B's against coordinated opponents with ET's and ER's. 1v2'ing over equal terrain isn't hard, actually trying to kill them both before they kill me with their faster and longer range missiles IS. ;)

Statistically on paper, as I put it above, 1v2+'ing with possible 8 120B's on F-15C vs possible 14 R27ER/ET's on two Su-33's is a clear disadvantage, regardless of the AMRAAM fire and forget. The 120B is only effective less than 8 nm with kill range of about 4 nm. The only way to win in such engagement is to gain some type of advantage like being sneaky, having more altitude, or catch the opponent off-guard by joining in on an engagement with another friendly. Other than that, when fighting against someone head-on that knows what they are doing, the situation is tricky.

During the official round Blue had most of the virtual squadrons participating as CAP while others were taking objectives. Red (USA/UAE) was having a hard time holding back the enemy CAP just off the coast of Dubai for a quite a while. Most of Red CAP was 70% Hornets 30% Eagles which resulted in a number of friendly fires. During the second day, Blue managed to take Khasab and proceeded to attack and capture the whole South-eastern side which ended up pinching Red badly. Third day, most of Red gave up cause it was already game over with carrier dead and 85% of map was Blue.

Go check the tacviews from the official round. I was red, fighting 1v5 CAP, individual 1v2 or 1v3 at once most of the time with F15, and I got plenty of kills.

Nightwolf, Jake, and I were the ones fighting after most/all of you gave up.

If you want to talk about equipment balance, I'd be more than happy to explain to you why the F15 is still the best fighter in the current scenario. Ping me in the discord so we don't pollute this thread further.

Edited by Dino Might

We ran testing on the setup for months - with tweaks and changes so were pretty happy with the setup. Strength and weaknesses on both sides. Winner or losing on BlueFlag is a multitude of factors, changing one thing rarely makes a difference as the people factor is the major factor.

I'd join Discord, and have a look at the stats that Morpheus did. They're excellent and show an interesting story.

Ultimately the Iran CAP by 51st and other squads was excellent. Zero single ship flight and excellent Comms. NATO also took some bad tactical decisions, pushing the islands instead of retaking some bases.

Iran worked together better as a co-ordinated team but both sides put up a brilliant fight. Comms on both sides in SRS were constant - with good GCI on both. My favourite round on BF now, replacing CaseBlue!

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

We ran testing on the setup for months - with tweaks and changes so were pretty happy with the setup. Strength and weaknesses on both sides. Winner or losing on BlueFlag is a multitude of factors, changing one thing rarely makes a difference as the people factor is the major factor.

I'd join Discord, and have a look at the stats that Morpheus did. They're excellent and show an interesting story.

Ultimately the Iran CAP by 51st and other squads was excellent. Zero single ship flight and excellent Comms. NATO also took some bad tactical decisions, pushing the islands instead of retaking some bases.

Iran worked together better as a co-ordinated team but both sides put up a brilliant fight. Comms on both sides in SRS were constant - with good GCI on both. My favourite round on BF now, replacing CaseBlue!

Affirm - it was clear that the coordination factor was the predominant reason why blue won. Having flown blue flag for...how long has this been going on now, years?...I can say that the PG setup is one of my favorites, despite me HATING fox 3s. The equipment balance is about as close as one can get while still having distinct airframes on each side.

The side with the most teamwork wins, which is exactly what happened and what should happen. Great round, great fights, hoping for more to come :pilotfly:

I was red, fighting 1v5 CAP, individual 1v2 or 1v3 at once most of the time with F15, and I got plenty of kills.

If you want to talk about equipment balance, I'd be more than happy to explain to you why the F15 is still the best fighter in the current scenario.

Is that why you switched to Blue (Iran) after Red got smacked the official round?:music_whistling:

Your stats per the gadget: (F-15C PvP kills October 19-22)

2 MiG-29A

4 Su-27

4 M2000C

1 F-5E

1 AJS37

8 Su-25T

3 Mi-8MT

1 MiG-21Bis

We ran testing on the setup for months

The round IS the test. And it lasted 3 days. 2 actually, but we can say 3.

Strength and weaknesses on both sides.

Strengths and weaknesses? Blue is the strength and Red is the weakness. The proof is in the available modules and weapons.

Winner or losing on BlueFlag is a multitude of factors, changing one thing rarely makes a difference as the people factor is the major factor.

True to a margin if we're referring to numbers. Blue currently has 300+ registered while Red has 500+. During the start of the official round, Red had roughly 100 more registered players than Blue by the end of all 3 days. Each team is limited to number of consistently active players, their ownership of not only Persian Gulf but also the aircraft modules themselves and their efficiency in those aircraft. Aircraft and helicopters alike.

Edited by Tailhook

Is that why you switched to Blue (Iran) after Red got smacked the official round?:music_whistling:

I was initially Red at the start of the new scrimmage round. I switched to Blue after Iran coast got taken by Red and Lar was taken. You see, I generally try to do my best to help balance the teams. Then Red just stopped their press, and now, if you check the discord, I have volunteered to go back to Red. I'm pretty much the last person you could accuse of for team stacking.

2 MiG-29A

4 Su-27

4 M2000C

1 F-5E

1 AJS37

8 Su-25T

3 Mi-8MT

1 MiG-21Bis

4 Su-27, huh. But I thought they were so much better than the F-15? And this was without GCI - again, check the tacviews. Often I was the only fighter in the area with multiple bandits. How many Su27s do you think there were? Or do you expect that I killed every single one that came a knockin'? Sorry, I'm not that good.

And given that I've played blue again the past couple of weeks, don't you think I'm relatively qualified to discuss the strengths and weaknesses of each side? I've probably spent more time on either team in the Persian Gulf version of Blue Flag than you have in all of your Blue Flag time combined.

Both sides have their pluses and minuses. There is no staggering materiel deficiency on Red that is to blame for any loss.

Edited by Dino Might

I'm pretty much the last person you could accuse of for team stacking.

No, but actions speak louder than words. You experienced the competition and chose to switch sides. Doing so contradicts your claim the F-15C (with only 120B) is still superior in this scenario.:doh:

I was initially Red at the start of the new scrimmage round. I switched to Blue after Iran coast got taken by Red and Lar was taken. You see, I generally try to do my best to help balance the teams. Then Red just stopped their press, and now, if you check the discord, I have volunteered to go back to Red. I'm pretty much the last person you could accuse of for team stacking.

Please take a minute to read, maybe come to the discord to talk to me in real time, or heck, even ask around before you go assuming things.

Edited by Dino Might

I just wanted to give my qualitative observations on the last round of Blue Flag. Technically speaking, it seems like the best Blue Flag to date. No crashes and lag spikes that I can recall so kudos to the Buddy Spike team.

First, the Persian Gulf setting was fantastic. We need more MP experience in other theaters besides the Caucasus. I’m sure that having an event in the Caucasus has the potential to draw in more players but more isn’t necessarily better (Case in point Redfor registered player count).

That brings me to my next point. Even though Red had significantly more registered pilots, it didn’t necessarily translate into any numerical superiority in the event. Every time I flew, it seemed the player count was balanced or slightly more in favor of blue but ultimately, red got streamrolled because we were less coordinated, never achieved meaningful air supremacy and lacked any strategy. There were many instances where bunch of Hornets would be spawning from Al Dhafra when the fight was at the tip of the peninsula. It just baffled me. I’m not sure but I’m assuming many of the inexperienced players selected the first Hornets on the list (Al Dhafra) and didn’t realize how far they were from the fight. (I hope ED will consider a graphical map based aircraft selection vs. the current excel spreadsheet like aircraft selection.) I don’t believe that any perceived equipment imbalance had much to do with the outcome. If the two sides switched equipment, I don’t think the end result would have been that different.

Redfor could never maintain any air superiority because for some reason(s), redfor pilots jump into a CAS aircraft regardless of the picture in the air. On SRS, people were constantly moaning and complaining for CAP cover when there were none or few available and unlike the blue side, people did not get into a proper CAP aircraft (F-15) when the situation called for it. I don’t know if it is because of the smaller selection of CAP aircraft versus blue? Maybe bring the Mirage over to red to give red more fighter selection? People just seem averse to flying the F-15 for some reason.

Also, the hornet seems to be unfairly blamed for red’s woes. I didn’t get to fly the Hornet during the official round because I went up in the Eagle most of the time due to the CAP shortages. I did fly the Hornet during the testing phase and it was fantastic as a bomb truck knocking out ground targets and ships and occasionally downing an aircraft when the situation was right. The Hornet IFF has never been an issue for me when in IFFing during level flight. Now when you are banked 45 degrees, the square looks like a diamond and vice versa…

Now here is one thing that I haven’t seen mentioned. The event started on Friday @ 1800 UTC. I don’t have the data to back this up and I’m just throwing it out ther but could it be that Bluefor (Russian/European equipment) attracted more European players and Redfor had more a of a North American player base with the aircraft selection. That would give Bluefor several hour advantage. First to attack has the initiative with numbers to add to it. I’d be curious to know if that had any factor. Maybe next Blue Flag, have it start on Saturday or even Sunday evening and see how that works out. By the time I got on my first sortie, Blue was on the verge of getting on the peninsula.

I have couple suggestions to test for next RedFlag:

1.) Make carriers move around else they should just be excluded. They seem pointless being static targets right now with exact coordinates defined on the gadget. The Stennis seems to be always out-of-commission so I’m guessing the Rb-15s make short work of them. Maybe next round, restrict the Viggens to only Rb-04s for anti-ship.

2.) Per Tailhook’s comments, why have the KH-58s available when the KH-25 MPUs are more than adequate against Hawks. -25MPUs have far more reach than the sidearms. Seems to be an overkill.

3.) Any chance of AI spawned interceptors for future rounds? Until we can get this CAP imbalance on red side sorted out, even AI fighters are better than nothing.

4.) Some variable weather and nighttime settings.

Hopefully, we, Redfor, do a more respectable job putting up a challenge in the next round.

Edited by TurboRUSH

2 MiG-29A

4 Su-27

4 M2000C

1 F-5E

1 AJS37

8 Su-25T

3 Mi-8MT

1 MiG-21Bis

The round IS the test. And it lasted 3 days. 2 actually, but we can say 3.

Strengths and weaknesses? Blue is the strength and Red is the weakness. The proof is in the available modules and weapons.

True to a margin if we're referring to numbers. Blue currently has 300+ registered while Red has 500+. During the start of the official round, Red had roughly 100 more registered players than Blue by the end of all 3 days. Each team is limited to number of consistently active players, their ownership of not only Persian Gulf but also the aircraft modules themselves and their efficiency in those aircraft. Aircraft and helicopters alike.

Please go check the stats on Discord. We are very open and publish a lot. There are stats on airframes, numbers on each side and capture times.

Co-ordinatation was the factor, little else. The fatal mistake was ignoring the enemy presence on home turf. They built out SAMs and Stingers, stopping any recapture.

As I said, we ran the setup for months with wins and roughly equal numbers on each side. In the official round, the change was people, not equipment. You dismissed this outright but those are the facts and I won't be debating any further. The round has also been stalled since the official round, with some swings either way, again with no changes in equipment or setup. NATO captured the northern coast but failed to press the advantage

Very few harriers were flying, which is the key to Victory for NATO - this may be in part due to CAP.

Remember that you can also negate the DL factor entirely if you destroy the enemy EWR sites. They have to be built before they'll get DL.

We'll make a new scenario soon and run another round - hopefully with the Tomcat.

I'm not around for the next month or so but the rest of the team will be

Edited by Ciribob

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord