Paintkit

Mods-o_joy

Will we see a paintkit this year atleast? it would be great to start getting skins churned out, we've got lots of cat crews waiting over here at JTF-HVY and i'd like to get started on the backlog :smilewink:

Edit - Oof im stupid, didnt see the already existing thread for this. mods pls delet

Edited by Mods-o_joy

A10C - Block 5+7, AV8B/NA Harrier, F-14B.

Pentium G4560, GTX 1050Ti, 20GB's total, 1x16GB Kingston Hyper X, And a 1x4GB Avexir Core Series kit, fleamarket mouse/keyboard, i swear it works fine :megalol:

• 3 months later...
Yes you can, I've done this many times in PS. Its not ideal but it can be done.

No, you cant, not for skins, Skin PSDs are layered in such a way to make it possible to 'paint' colors and features where you want them on a model, with a DDS you will end up painting over all the dirt, grime, panel lines and grease as well as the Prerendered shadows. Skinning with just a .DDS is impossible.

A10C - Block 5+7, AV8B/NA Harrier, F-14B.

Pentium G4560, GTX 1050Ti, 20GB's total, 1x16GB Kingston Hyper X, And a 1x4GB Avexir Core Series kit, fleamarket mouse/keyboard, i swear it works fine :megalol:

No, you cant, not for skins, Skin PSDs are layered in such a way to make it possible to 'paint' colors and features where you want them on a model, with a DDS you will end up painting over all the dirt, grime, panel lines and grease as well as the Prerendered shadows. Skinning with just a .DDS is impossible.

Not if you paint over with a separate layer set to 'overlay' or 'multiply.' I've done that many moons ago before paintkits were even a thing.

How U do it? I cant convert the F14 ones

I was referring to other modules TBear, it seems the F14 is a different kettle of fish! Mine are either all black or PS gets a "program error" when trying to open the Exteriors. I've tried the liveries folder and textures folder. The only one I could open was the exterior cockpit view.

I've tweeted HB in the hope its not too far away for the kit

Edited by Cutlass72

I know that's why I said it not ideal, I've done clone stamping etc to do a simple repaint of someone else's dds skin, but it's not impossible.

Use the Intel plugin for PS. It is not at all ideal but I have customized the .dds while i wait for paintkit

Home-Built Rig - | ASUS TUF Z390-Plus| i9 9900k | 2080ti | 32g G.SKILL TridentZ |Samsung 970 evos | Tagan 1100w PS | Warthog Hotas | Track ir 5 | Saitek Pedals | PFT Collective