Can anyone help? - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-09-2018, 10:05 PM   #1
No.54 FatBen (KL-F)

Default Can anyone help?

Hi all

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong and why I can't get auto pilot functions to work.

I don't have a force feedback stick and force feedback is turned off.

https://youtu.be/63ZUDRYaENY
No.54 FatBen (KL-F) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 10:37 PM   #2
FragBum

If you use autostart do you have the same issue. You need to work out why the "alarm" light is on maybe revise your startup procedure.
FragBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 11:35 AM   #3
Drakoz

The OP figured it out and commented on his Youtube Video. It is the common issue of having an analog axis tied to the throttle lever. If there is any jitter (due to a noisy pot) on the axis, the throttle lever will move just off full throttle. This causes several things to occur, but the most frustrating one is auto pilot won't engage. You should see a master warning light, and the AP light lit on the warning panel.

The solution is to add a 5% dead set in DCS for the axis you use to control the throttle. Set the dead zone at max throttle part of travel so that if the axis jitters, it will not exceed the dead zone and disengage auto pilot. There's no need, but I also put a dead zone in the lower 5% of travel just to prevent the throttle from having jitter issues there as well.
Drakoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 01:18 PM   #4
swatstar98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakoz View Post
The OP figured it out and commented on his Youtube Video. It is the common issue of having an analog axis tied to the throttle lever. If there is any jitter (due to a noisy pot) on the axis, the throttle lever will move just off full throttle. This causes several things to occur, but the most frustrating one is auto pilot won't engage. You should see a master warning light, and the AP light lit on the warning panel.

The solution is to add a 5% dead set in DCS for the axis you use to control the throttle. Set the dead zone at max throttle part of travel so that if the axis jitters, it will not exceed the dead zone and disengage auto pilot. There's no need, but I also put a dead zone in the lower 5% of travel just to prevent the throttle from having jitter issues there as well.
Okay, good to see you solved it!