Eastern Friendship - F-16C Missions 2, 3 and 4

Sedlo

Hi Everybody! My Eastern Friendship missions 2, 3 and 4 are now online on the Eagle Dynamics site!

Download links here:

Mission 2 - https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3306573/

Mission 3 - https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3306574/

Mission 4 - https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3306571/

MIS4%20TITLE.jpg

MIS3%20TITLE.jpg

VIPER%20MIS4TITLE.jpg

I really love these missions. I am having a problem with mission #3. I cannot contact the tanker. I switched the UHF radio to channel 15 but there is no automatic ingame radio talk. I am getting mixed messages in the docs and in the game. The mixed message is DO NOT use the comms in the game and then it says to contact the tanker via the ATC comms.

I have done both and there is no response from the tanker. So I cannot get the boom to deploy. I have tried everything. What am I doing wrong?

Really great missions - couple of bits of feedback:

In mission 2, you're told to push 10 right, but 10 right is preset to 375.00 which isn't possible to tune on VHF. I looked in the docs and it's meant to be 37.5.

In mission 3, the tanker is flying waaay too slowly - it's at M0.5 (200kts!), it should be up at M0.625 or so.

It'd be really handy to have the key radio frequencies spelled out in the briefing - having to access the google doc in VR if you misheard/didn't catch it in time or if the radio freq is preset to the wrong frequency is pretty annoying.

Thanks! Mission 2 the channel to push to is 13 Right (VHF), not 10. I think that's what the issue is here. I've changed the mission so the text message will stay up on the screen longer until you have time to set the correct frequency.

I've found formatting tables in the briefing is a PITA, but I will see what I can do.

I'll also speed up the tanker in Mission 3.

Thanks for the feedback!

Edited by Sedlo

• 2 weeks later...

I had a strange problem with mission 3 and my warthog hotas:

If I put my throttle to full mil power, it shows only 80% on the rpm. 100% is only possible with throttle to full burners...

Started a different mission and there my Hotas worked fine...

Before you call everything a "bug": RTFM & try again! Thank you. :music_whistling:

I9-9900k, 32 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, 128 GB M2 SSD, 1 TB SSD, Track IR, Warthog Hotas

I have noticed that as well, I think it has to do with the outside air temperature. I took the mission and changed it to be above freezing and the engine seemed normal.

I'm wondering if it has something to do with ED modeling the engine at lower temps. Not sure if it 's a feature or if it's a bug.

oh, ok.

I will change the temperature as well and give it another try.

Before you call everything a "bug": RTFM & try again! Thank you. :music_whistling:

I9-9900k, 32 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, 128 GB M2 SSD, 1 TB SSD, Track IR, Warthog Hotas

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...