[REPORTED] Runway Lights by night works only server side

falconzx

Problem is still there on Current openbeta (2.5.5.37626).

@ED What about an option to leave control in mission editor as long term goal regarding runway lights?

Something like:

Always ON | ON by ATC | ON by Time

As short term, we really need a fix for this annoying problem, it's really frustrating for us trying to create server of good quality and have everything broken for a "soppy" things like this! And I can guarantee also player are not "happy" about this!

Do whatever it's easy to you, but do it pls!

Ask every test you need and everything we can provide in terms of .log,.trk etc for help, but do something pls! :helpsmilie:

NdoDuZenTayPci4erofUq9LB8LUey9

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

• ED Team

Hi all

This is reported, I do not have an update but I will ask.

Please keep bug reports for information.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 4 months later...

[maybe REPORTED?] Runway Lights by night works only server side

Hello my friend,

The new OB 2.5.6 brings a new looks to DCS, and it's pretty amazing in terms of lighting system. We're still suffering of Runway lights not working on multiplayer for clients, if the server starts on daylights and then turn into the darkness, no matter if you try to contact ATC or everything else, the runway lights remain off!

I have a tons of feedback of player that loves sunset and some night operation, but as server admin I hate the problem of lights since there is nothing that I can do!

There is any update that you can share with us? It's literally 2 years now that we had this problem, I really want to brings more night/sunset to my servers, but this bug prevent to do this.

As I suggest in the past, I hope you can consider at least a workaroud where you can force the lights "on" by mission editor, or link the runwaylights to other behavior.

For example, all the city lights, some airfield parking lights, even carriers lights turn on for all client based on the mission time, can you chain also the runway lights to that logic? You already have the behavior you just need to move runway lights from actual logic ( that is not working ) to this one.

I'm pretty sure calling ATC and other stuff can bring more realism, but I mean, if it's not working it's not realism, it's just annoying and you need to find a solution.

L1rbGbP5bngFrdAHgOnFgspASl5SiM

For your reference: ORIGINAL THREAD

Thanks

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

• ED Team

This is reported as the original thread says.

We have an issue where lights only appear when an aircraft is set to take-off from the base.

We have asked the team for an update on this issue

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2