CE2... Why? Good? Bad? - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-13-2017, 07:53 PM   #21
Ironhand
Veteran

I guess I'm amazed that people are against any aircraft being developed for DCS World. If it's not your cup of tea, ignore it. If you like it, buy and fly it. Sure, DCS is a military flight sim in concept. In practice, it's many things to many people. We all use it the way we prefer to use it. Some enjoy only the combat. Others simply enjoy flying. Others a mix. And we all support it.

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 16GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.
Ironhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 12:37 PM   #22
Smokin Hole

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=197482&page=33

My take. Basically: As a test bed to improve how the sim handles flight on the edges of the envelope, this could be a good thing. I have flown the Eagle and it is a nice airplane. It is stable and comfortable, but also heavy. Which is why it will never be a Pitts!
Smokin Hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 04:31 PM   #23
BlueMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by exray View Post
If the totally free TF51 weren't in the game, I might agree with you.

If people want to buy it for acrobatics, fine we've got our novelty module now go knock yourselves out.

What I don't want to see is anymore simple GA modules that don't fit with the rest of DCS be developed just because they're easier to make.
THAT ! Exact this :-) Agree 100%
BlueMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 04:32 PM   #24
BlueMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhand View Post
I guess I'm amazed that people are against any aircraft being developed for DCS World. If it's not your cup of tea, ignore it. If you like it, buy and fly it. Sure, DCS is a military flight sim in concept. In practice, it's many things to many people. We all use it the way we prefer to use it. Some enjoy only the combat. Others simply enjoy flying. Others a mix. And we all support it.

OK please explain, which reason for a flying farmers spraygun is in a

Digital
COMBAT
Simulator ?

Only for interest
Old 12-14-2017, 04:36 PM   #25
BlueMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhukov032186 View Post
Guys, stop complaining about this. You have to keep some things in mind:

These military craft you all want modeled to super detail are expensive and time consuming to create. A-10C flight/systems model took three years to make. The F-18 took TWO YEARS of negotiations with the DoD. These are major drawn out ordeals that drain a lot of resources.

No one developer is apt to be able to handle more than one or two of them at a time, for starters. This isn't the sort of thing you can simply throw more code monkeys at and expect them to crap out Shakespeare.

If, by expanding into the "civilian market", which is much easier/cheaper/less headache to deal with (which most of these developers are ALREADY involved in for OTHER simulators, not to mention they may be able to pull some of their work over here, saving on time/resources they've already invested) we can only benefit, here's how :

If they start drawing some of the FSX/Xplane folks over here in larger number, they receive an influx of cash at no cost to you, giving them the very resources they need to create some of the aircraft on your wishlists. If you never see any of these people on a multiplayer server, or all they do is aerobatics, it doesn't COST YOU anything, but it DOES benefit you.

Think past the end of your nose, life is easier that way.
If i enter a steakhouse i want for shure a steak and not a carot salade..if i enter a digital combat simulator i want combat simulations and the fitting aircraft... otherwise call it aircraft simulator and bingo.. but who needs, there a wonderful civilian sims already with growing amount of stuff much faster... maybe it would be better to focus onto the main aim ?
Old 12-14-2017, 05:08 PM   #26
Ironhand
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMax View Post
OK please explain, which reason for a flying farmers spraygun is in a

Digital
COMBAT
Simulator ?

Only for interest
Chlorine gas dispenser???

This stopped being solely a military flight simulator when ED decided (presumably) to let someone release a non-military aircraft for it. Once it is released, this will be a military flight simulator in name only. And it will then become whatever the marketplace decides it is, unless ED restricts it. There is no reason DCS World can't be shared.

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 16GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.
Ironhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 05:19 PM   #27
brianjmac

Quote:

This stopped being solely a military flight simulator when ED decided (presumably) to let someone release a non-military aircraft for it. Once it is released, this will be a military flight simulator in name only. And it will then become whatever the marketplace decides it is, unless ED restricts it. There is no reason DCS World can't be shared.
Well said. It can be shared as long as there are enough resources. Aircraft development takes such a long time that I believe a third party developer needs to concentrate on either civilian or military aircraft, not both. I am for the addition of civilian aircraft if it attracts third party developers from other sims to bring their civilian aircraft into DCS. I honestly don't know why this has not happened yet.
Windows 10 64-bit | Intel i5-7600K @4.6GHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Gaming 11GB | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4/3200MHz | Samsung 850 EVO 120GB and 250GB | ASUS Prime Z270-A | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G1 | Dell 27" 2560x1440p 144Hz GSYNC | Saitek X-55 HOTAS | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals | TrackIR 5 | Kingston HyperX Cloud Core Headset
brianjmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 07:34 PM   #28
aileron

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjmac View Post
.... I am for the addition of civilian aircraft if it attracts third party developers from other sims to bring their civilian aircraft into DCS. I honestly don't know why this has not happened yet.
Why I think it hasn't happened and probably wont happen is because of SIDS/STARS - ATC, MAPS too small... and a whole host of other issues. Anybody coming from a Civil Sim (which I fly when I get the IFR bug) will be use to these things.

KLAX to KLAS is a short ass flight and NTTR doesn't have the coast as its been obliterated and there are no plans to increase the map per ED.

CE2 is a test bed for all the effects props have on an AC in unusual attitude flight regimes. I believe it will fit nicely in with the DCS community because of the large following on Aerobatic servers.

I can imagine practicing aerobatics will be of real interesting for a lot of us here. I know I'm going to buckle under and get this bird and try to learn some aerobatics the way its suppose to be done.

Last edited by aileron; 12-14-2017 at 08:49 PM.
aileron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 08:29 PM   #29
cichlidfan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjmac View Post
I am for the addition of civilian aircraft if it attracts third party developers from other sims to bring their civilian aircraft into DCS. I honestly don't know why this has not happened yet.
The problem is that there is little that is portable from another sim to DCS. The 3d model might transfer but little, if any, of the code is transferable.
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1
cichlidfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 08:55 AM   #30
BlueMax

Quote:
Chlorine gas dispenser???

Ok...thats the point then to stop buying....no need for prop shop and there are muuuuuuch better civ sims...better finish planes which are still bugged and release 2.5

Last edited by BlueMax; 12-15-2017 at 08:57 AM.