F-15C Dynamic Campaign: Screaming Eagle

I am having the same issue and error as JimBlue.

I run DCS as administrator and I have made the necessary edits to the MissionScripting.lua file using notepad++ I have followed the readme file to the letter to make sure that it is all installed in the correct folder etc but I still get the script error when exiting the first mission. It's like a kind of ground hog day as I can only replay the first mission :).

I have no clue what I have done or am doing wrong. would love to get it working as what I have seen in the first mission looks excellent.

My hat is off to you MBot some stella work being done here.

ED really should pick you up.

Cheers

SD

[sIGPIC]sigpic55726_5.gif[/sIGPIC]

Is "DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\bin\luae.exe" also run as administrator? I don't really know how this administrator stuff works (I guess that is if you didn't install windows yourself?), but it seems to matter.

OK I figured it out. It seems I misread the readme :book: or the readme is slightly misleading.

In the readme it says

1. Extract the folder in the zip file to: "DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\Mods\aircraft\Flaming Cliffs\Missions". Ensure that the resulting folder structure is “...\Flaming Cliffs\Missions\EN\Campaigns\Screaming Eagle\...”.

But once extracted to this folder the the folder structure looks like this

DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\Mods\aircraft\Flaming Cliffs\Missions\EN\Campaigns\Screaming Eagle v1.0\EN\Campaigns\Screaming Eagle

So the EN\Campaigns\Screaming Eagle folders are duplicated.

So I extracted the zip file to my desktop once extracted I browsed into the \screaming Eagle v1.0\EN\Campaigns\ folders within this folder is a folder called Screaming Eagle along with 3 files called Screaming Eagle.cmp, Screaming Eagle_first.miz and Screaming Eagle_ongoing.miz

This folder and the 3 files should be placed into

DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\Mods\aircraft\Flaming Cliffs\Missions\EN\Campaigns

Once I did this it all work perfectly.

I hope this makes some sense and I hope it helps JimBlue solve his issue as well.

Cheers

SD

[sIGPIC]sigpic55726_5.gif[/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

I just ran the first mission, and this is the first time it felt like a real mission since I've been playing DCS. The OOB, employment, and doctrine are spot-on, and the Eagles are employed exactly how they're supposed to be employed. None of this fly low through the mountains and pop up and shoot an AWACS crap.

Well done.

Yeah f#*% all those other know-nothing idiots!

I heard one guy actually made a campaign where NATO invades Russia. Yeah, right! ;)

Hahaha not you! I'm not talking about you guys, I'm talking about the stock campaigns! I love all the homemade campaigns.

Only teasing bud ;)

I am guilty of scripting a pop-up AWACS attack mission in my past... :music_whistling:

You do have to admit tearing around in the canyons in the fog is fun though, even if it is supremely unrealistic :)

Haha I know :megalol:

I felt kinda bad when I remembered you had the same scenario...BUT, your campaigns were never about realism, just fun. I alternate between the action movie campaigns and the realistic ones, it's just that really realistic campaigns weren't to be found until now. I tried a bit with mine but you still had to have a massive level of suspension of belief, what with the NATO actually invading and whatnot. I have a part 3 in the works but I put it aside because it's such an exhausting process and I got tired of things not doing what I wanted them to do and not being able to understand why.

Someone edited Mbot's Desert Tiger '76 dynamic campaign to support the Mirage, you'll find it a couple pages back.

I've got something a little more realistic in the works as well. Keep an eye out for some official announcements in the DCS weekend news very soon if all goes according to plan. I won't claim a level of authenticity equal to Mbot's efforts to recreate Operation Desert Storm, but Baltic Dragon and I have been cooking up something for the last year or so that I think is pretty special. :)

Sorry for the hijack, Mbot! Everybody download this, it's awesome! :D

Someone edited Mbot's Desert Tiger '76 dynamic campaign to support the Mirage, you'll find it a couple pages back.

I've got something a little more realistic in the works as well. Keep an eye out for some official announcements in the DCS weekend news very soon if all goes according to plan. I won't claim a level of authenticity equal to Mbot's efforts to recreate Operation Desert Storm, but Baltic Dragon and I have been cooking up something for the last year or so that I think is pretty special. :)

Sorry for the hijack, Mbot! Everybody download this, it's awesome! :D

Now you got me intrested.

Maybe bit more info? :D

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in love with this campaign.

I have a minor bug to report though.

Since 2.1 when I try to close the flight (quit) the script fails and throws an error instead of the " do you want to save the progress" cli thing.

Anyone the wiser how to fix it?

Well, this is what happens when you don't read.

Straight from the readme.txt:

"Open the file "DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\Scripts\MissionScripting.lua". Add two minus signs in front of line 16 "sanitizeModule('os')" and line 17 "sanitizeModule('io')". The code block from line 16 to line 20 should then look like this:

--sanitizeModule('os')

--sanitizeModule('io')

sanitizeModule('lfs')

require = nil

loadlib = nil

This modification has to be repeated after each update of DCS World 2 OpenAlpha, as each update reverts the file back to its original state.

"

Not gonna try it tonight, although I have a strong feeling this should do it.

Edited by Skynet99

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Why is that not officially integrated ? Mbot, you should create a donation page like Starway did. I would happily support your effort

:pilotfly:

Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pedals, Oculus Rift

:joystick:

If I finish a mission, the CMD window pops up asking me if I want to save. So far so good, but DCS itself crashes at this point every time. I'm playing in VR, maybe that's an issue with windows dialogues popping up?

Anyway, it's just awesome!

P.s for a Desert Storm scenario: can I convert it for the A-10A?

:pilotfly:

Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pedals, Oculus Rift

:joystick:

• 2 weeks later...
I followed the istructions but I have this error

1H5C7

http://imgur.com/a/1H5C7

I edited the lua file as you described. Help please.

I have this error message when I quit the mission, few seconds after I start it (to try it).

I have the same problem and I have read soupdragons advice but it doesn't help. My Problem is I dont have Flaming Cliffs only the F15 Module, so I put the campaign into the F15 folder. I can start it, but after the first mission I get the message and start with first mission again.

Do I have to create a FC Folder?

Just found the answer in a former post.

Edited by oho

• 3 weeks later...

First of all thanks for your work.

I have 3 things to submit:

1) if you start the first mission 2 times and leave before even take off you win the campaing

So why would you do that? (just start the first miz 2 times and exit?)

2) Becouse i wanted to load aim120 instead of aim-7, but if i change the payload i found myself only with aim9... Is this a bug or are you forcing payloads? Is there a way to go out with my personal payload? In the other dce campaign it was possible.

(su-27 and viggen)

3)map seems bugged, it is moved all the way nord-west. Is this wanted? To force players to dont use it? If yes, is there a way to turn it to normal behaviour?

:thumbup:

Edited by Riverseeker

200m butterflier inside :harhar:

MERLO forever

1) if you start the first mission 2 times and leave before even take off you win the campaing

So why would you do that? (just start the first miz 2 times and exit?)

The mission needs to run a couple of seconds to apply the correct scoring, which is necessary for correct campaign transition.

2) Becouse i wanted to load aim120 instead of aim-7, but if i change the payload i found myself only with aim9... Is this a bug or are you forcing payloads? Is there a way to go out with my personal payload? In the other dce campaign it was possible.

(su-27 and viggen)

Since this is a 1991 campaign, AIM-120 have been removed from the airbase.

3)map seems bugged, it is moved all the way nord-west. Is this wanted? To force players to dont use it? If yes, is there a way to turn it to normal behaviour?

Not sure what you are referring to. The F10 map? If it doesn't work, then it's a DCS thing.

:thumbup:

About the map: it is working on other missions, but not in the campaign.

edit: kk, looking with more attention i found the DCS bug, map just behave not correctenly on 4k... MEGA FACEPALM :|

goint to report

(about the aim 120: kk, just that after a FULL campaign on the su 27 i was dreamig about some aim120 spam :cry: :cry: :megalol: )

Edited by Riverseeker

200m butterflier inside :harhar:

MERLO forever

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

i have flown 3 or 4 Missions in the F-15C but nothing was to do for me...

is this normal for their tasks or is there a bug inside the generator ?

i think it is a little bit boring :(

may be that fighter pilots have an easy living:music_whistling:

too much ...