DCS: Black Shark now available on Steam

Wags

Awesome Move! Steam rocks. I would also love to be able to transfer my existing BS cd key to steam (similar to how X3: Terran Conflict recently set up for us).

Also A10/Apache and FC2 on steam would be great!

-MajkStone

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team
Awesome Move! Steam rocks. I would also love to be able to transfer my existing BS cd key to steam (similar to how X3: Terran Conflict recently set up for us).

Also A10/Apache and FC2 on steam would be great!

I didn't know that it's even possible to transfer CD key to steam.:joystick:

And steam doesn't rocks when they say USD = Euro.:music_whistling:

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, GeForce RTX 2080Ti, 32 GB DRAM, HOTAS TM Warthog, FSSB R3 Lighting, MFG Crosswind, Win 10 Pro

I posted a question about Straforce when this game came out, it was a huge issue and a lot of people got cranky but i got my answer and left. Now i am back, i will happily install this on my PC and it will be a pleasure to pay you for your hard work.

• ED Team

To answer the three most popular questions:

1- Sorry, but we are unable to release Black Shark over Steam in the UK.

2- Due to Ubisoft owning the Lock On intellectual property rights, it's unlikely we'll be able to release LOP as a unified product (LOP is currently two discs, one for LO and one for FC2) over Steam. But, it's something we're investigating.

3- While things could change, I would expect the A-10C release availability to be similar to that of Black Shark. After a certain time period after post-release, we would investigate placing A-10C on Steam as well.

To answer the three most popular questions:

1- Sorry, but we are unable to release Black Shark over Steam in the UK.

2- Due to Ubisoft owning the Lock On intellectual property rights, it's unlikely we'll be able to release LOP as a unified product (LOP is currently two discs, one for LO and one for FC2) over Steam. But, it's something we're investigating.

3- While things could change, I would expect the A-10C release availability to be similar to that of Black Shark. After a certain time period after post-release, we would investigate placing A-10C on Steam as well.

Thanks for that wags.

If thats the case id suggest in letting user be able to use the cd key to register it in steam. It is a great community tool to join your friends and is a major issue with FC2 and BS at the moment. IMHO

And steam doesn't rocks when they say USD = Euro.:music_whistling:

Sorry, but that complaint group is silly. As far as Steam purchases go one USD is indeed one Euro. I'll quote the steam window I have open right now: "All prices include VAT where applicable"

So:

$10 = €8

8+(8x0.15)=~9.2

The specifics vary greatly with the exchange rates (sometimes closer, sometimes further away), so instead of making prices vary wildly the convention is to do a straight conversion. Also, of course, are you so sure it's steam and not publishers that is setting the prices? ;)

If thats the case id suggest in letting user be able to use the cd key to register it in steam.

You can already (and have been able to for years) place any game you have on your Steam library no matter if you own a "steam copy" of it or not. The only real disadvantage you'll have to owning a "steam copy" is that you will not be able to download it. So if you want your Black Shark or FC2 on your Steam, just add it. :)

Edited by EtherealN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

has ED restricted its sale in the UK ?

I very much doubt it, probly some leagel thing dating back the the 70's........ the 1570's that is.....:)

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Why not immediately? It took nearly 3 months to put FC2 up on direct2drive and that was touted as "soon after release it will be up on d2d." I almost waited until I realized that you were working in Valve Time and it was going to take quite awhile to be purchased from there.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

You can already (and have been able to for years) place any game you have on your Steam library no matter if you own a "steam copy" of it or not. The only real disadvantage you'll have to owning a "steam copy" is that you will not be able to download it. So if you want your Black Shark or FC2 on your Steam, just add it. :)

Well that doens't lead to any advantage a real steam activation would bring. I think many people would love not need to think of starforce activations anymore and on top of this no more disc jocking. You can just play where you are, on every capable pc as long you have internet access or at least activated the game once and logged in. So I can show my friends how great your software is. Happy new customers, anyone? ;)

It would be really great if you would let us transform our boxed copies to steam activations. As someone said, it is possible and i think many (including me) would be very happy. Well I wouldn't have any problems if I, as a tradeoff, couldn't install the cd version anymore as the starforce key would become useless (so I don't get 2 copies of the game). And as a consequence noone would bother you asking for more activations anymore. :)

So I ask sincerely for this to happen, please. :)

But what I don't understand is the decision to release hard copy of DCS:Warthog first and only later on steam. Is there something I just missed?

Greetings,

Morph

Awesome

Just saw it on steam this morning and am in the process of purchasing. I have not purchased this or any other of your products before due to the inclusion of starforce but if you get the other games on steam as well (without starforce) then its a guaranteed buy frome me.

It would be really great if you would let us transform our boxed copies to steam activations. As someone said, it is possible and i think many (including me) would be very happy. Well I wouldn't have any problems if I, as a tradeoff, couldn't install the cd version anymore as the starforce key would become useless (so I don't get 2 copies of the game). And as a consequence noone would bother you asking for more activations anymore. :)

So I ask sincerely for this to happen, please. :)

But what I don't understand is the decision to release hard copy of DCS:Warthog first and only later on steam. Is there something I just missed?

Greetings,

Morph

+1

not to suffer from starforce activation anymore I want my copy to immigrate into the new place.

Edited by verana_ss

Just saw it on steam this morning and am in the process of purchasing. I have not purchased this or any other of your products before due to the inclusion of starforce but if you get the other games on steam as well (without starforce) then its a guaranteed buy frome me.

+1

I will never purchase any game with Starforce, but now that you have released on Steam (and it's Starforce free) I will purchase!

Please release FC2 on Steam as well!

Excellent!! I hope you make loads of money from this move to get yourselves the nice shiny Ferraris you all deserve.

Steam will obviously get a meaty cut from these sales, so it makes sense for ED to only put the product on Steam once the niche market has already bought from more direct sources. Steam then allows for ED to expand the market to a broader previously unreached audience, at the cost of less income per sale.

• Like 1

Westinghouse W-600 refrigerator - Corona six-pack - Marlboro reds - Patience by Girlfriend

"Engineering is the art of modelling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyse so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance." (Dr. A. R. Dykes - British Institution of Structural Engineers, 1976)

Steam will obviously get a meaty cut from these sales, so it makes sense for ED to only put the product on Steam once the niche market has already bought from more direct sources. Steam then allows for ED to expand the market to a broader previously unreached audience, at the cost of less income per sale.

ED if you want to sell more product put A10 on Steam right away. Sure Valve take a percentage (15% ??) for the Steam distribution but so what! Steam means exposure to an enormous user base of about 2 million gamers and a lot of "impulse" purchases, especially when Steam sales are on.

You've finally seen the light with BS on Steam please don't drop the ball when A10 is released!

Steam forever! Go Steam Go!!! :)

• ED Team
+1

not to suffer from starforce activation anymore I want my copy to immigrate into the new place.

If I could migrate with my DVD version to steam version I'd think about that too.:joystick:

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, GeForce RTX 2080Ti, 32 GB DRAM, HOTAS TM Warthog, FSSB R3 Lighting, MFG Crosswind, Win 10 Pro