Mission 10 problems

baltic_dragon

Hey guys, heads up.

I've had reports about some problems in Mission 10 - for some reason one of enemy flights refuse to attack and lands on their parent airfileld instead, which disables the triggers allowing player to RTB. I've just fixed this - I hope - but will need it tested (can't do it myself as I am on holidays). Any volunteers wanting to help please PM me!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• 1 month later...

Hi, Baltic.

I flew mission 10 yesterday , and the Mirage 200-5 went back to land in Tonopah.

I hurried in and strafed and destroyed him after landing, but to no avil for RTB.

Seems this is not updated :-(

Of course, wingmen still keep crashing out of fuel, but they resuscitate like zombies the next mission :-)

(I am especially happy "PIF" is still with us :-)

Congratulation for the campaign: very enjoyable up to now, as usual,

Olivier

Details:

Asus Z-170E, Intel i5-6600K @ 4.2GHz, 16GB RAM

MSI GTX970 Gaming 4G

Win 10 Home

• 3 months later...

Hello,

Mission 10 tried two times, unable to finish because of enemy flights not appearing/not engaging.

DCS stable version 2.5.3.24984

1. The three Tornado flights engaged the ground targets and destroyed them (confirmed by radio)

2. At some point we (chevy flight) are ordered to engage enemy fighters (F-5's) But as soon as we rejoin them, they have already landed.

Then nothing happens, no radio message, no Mirage 2000-5 coming, Tornados go RTB and when I land I get a score of 50.

I am pretty sure I followed the orders and was on the correct radio channels. Some trigger in the mission must be very sensitive, since I read above that for some people the mission works fine.

I'm not sure what point I missed there.

Hey! I've updated this mission but I believe new version is only available on Open Beta now (or will be soon, not even sure). You didn't miss anything, somehow with one of the last updates the AI instead of fighting chooses to flee... no idea why it happens, wasn't like that before.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Would someone post the mission file from the Open Beta version please? I don't feel like installing the whole thing but I'm eager to progress through the campaign, it's great )). I can't complete mission 10 no matter how much I try.

• 3 years later...

Dialogue oopsie I think. At first when starting to taxi, the script says "Hold 03 Right", while the voiceactor says "Hold 03 Left" and the all the triggers are set for 03L.

The Chevy AI flight can be heard saying their "Rolling" calls on Red Ch2, which hasn't been the case in the campaign up to this point.

Twisters RTBd through the container and skipped Charlie entirely. Since my #4 did the same without saying anything, I'm assuming they're Bingo and bugging out. If not then did I miss any dialogue? I went to Charlie as briefed and got to report "Saddled", but didn't hear anything from Twisters after that. I expected a debrief as for the previous flights, but it wasn't there. I was on fragged freqs.

Once Metal and Twister flights landed (some of them overtook me on as soon as I was wheels down, still rolling, glad they didn't crash into me) they had parked in random places. Also the two that overtook me on the runway, diagonally crossed the dirt patch between the RWYs from TWY Bravo to get to Ramp Alpha North.

Still got a 100%, so over-all I'm happy. Just felt the end got a little weird with the AI going off script.

PS! If needed I can provide a trackfile. Currently its almost 10MB, so I couldn't attach it to this post.

Edited by adirtynurse
More bugs as I played through the mission
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...