Cost of GTX 1080 Ti

Without going into politics, I certainly agree with and side with Capitalism every time as well! It always works. The Cryptocurrency bubble will burst it's just a matter of when. There is no asset to support it and there will be a huge correction at some point. Just don't know when that will be.

When it does happen the rush on cards will end as well.

Dollar doesn't have any asset to support it. Neither does euro. Almost all currencies are nothing more than chips in the table that one specific people are controlling.

The difference with these digital currencies is that there is no banking system yet controlling it the same way. As every bank out there is doing the exactly same thing, generating money from nothing. But this time it is the end user who has the change to generate the money instead the banks.

So one doing a "simple setup" to crunch $8000-10 000 in a month, after investing $70-80k for the setup, and in a year they have paid itself up if you get good electricity bill.

Or be a smarter, start to play some FPS games and your income can be a $50 000 per month just by people watching you to play...

So you invest money for a 1080Ti and play, generate the money in a day back and be happy.

The prices just goes up because gamers has endless requirement for better than "good enough". There is always some magical FPS you should get. Like when QWTF came at 90's you were required to get a 144 FPS, and since then it has been high from 30 FPS to 60 FPS and now 144 FPS again.

So what to do when players drive prices up by hype.

Heck, I had reason to invest to 1080Ti SLI only because DCS, very stupid move really but they....

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Dollar doesn't have any asset to support it. Neither does euro. Almost all currencies are nothing more than chips in the table that one specific people are controlling.

The difference with these digital currencies is that there is no banking system yet controlling it the same way. As every bank out there is doing the exactly same thing, generating money from nothing. But this time it is the end user who has the change to generate the money instead the banks.

So one doing a "simple setup" to crunch $8000-10 000 in a month, after investing $70-80k for the setup, and in a year they have paid itself up if you get good electricity bill.

Or be a smarter, start to play some FPS games and your income can be a $50 000 per month just by people watching you to play...

So you invest money for a 1080Ti and play, generate the money in a day back and be happy.

The prices just goes up because gamers has endless requirement for better than "good enough". There is always some magical FPS you should get. Like when QWTF came at 90's you were required to get a 144 FPS, and since then it has been high from 30 FPS to 60 FPS and now 144 FPS again.

Heck, I had reason to invest to 1080Ti SLI only because DCS, very stupid move really but they....

If you're playing a quick twitch reaction game where the guy who shoots first when you come around a corner at each other wins, then every Hz you have over your opponent is an advantage.

While you are correct that the Dollar and Euro etc are no longer asset backed they are not inflated to the level that cryptocurrency is. I'm not alone thinking it is a big bubble about to burst...I guess we'll see. But I don't think you'll see mining continue on it's current path.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

........ Unless Government decides to get involved. In that event - everyone is screwed.

Terry

that's when things tend to move southbound.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

The B I G difference is this:

Banksters can steal, do bad stuff, betray you, all that bad stuff.

--whereas--

you cannot cheat or bakshish a blockchain, nor does it follow politics, knows no borders and doesnt care about religion, color of your skin, like or not like.

For the blockchain, all people are created equal, a fundamental change not to be underrated.

If the bank makes money, you loose, only 1 winner

if the crypto goes up, all win, if it goes down, all loose. MUCH much better

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

While you are correct that the Dollar and Euro etc are no longer asset backed they are not inflated to the level that cryptocurrency is. I'm not alone thinking it is a big bubble about to burst...I guess we'll see. But I don't think you'll see mining continue on it's current path.

Folks always like to point to the US Dollar and say that it is not backed by any asset. This is primarily because the Dollar once upon a time was actually backed by gold. But a fully gold asset backed dollar disappeared a very long time ago and even the facade of gold backing it ended over 45 years ago.

But just because the dollar is not backed by gold does not mean it is not asset backed.

The US dollar is backed by the "full faith and credit of the US Federal Government". Hmmmmmm what value is there to the full faith and credit? Not much as far as I am concerned. "Faith" in the US Government? For me... absolutely NONE. Credit? Nope. Liars... cheats... crooks.

But that still does not rule out the dollar in fact being backed by assets. Consider:

The US Federal Government owns a massive amount of very valuable land. It also has the most powerful military force the planet has ever seen including over 2700 nuclear weapons, 14 Ohio Class ballistic missile submarines, 11 full size nuclear aircraft carriers and another 10 smaller carriers (amphibious assault ships...). Stealth bombers, armored divisions, in short - a monumental military capability.

This may not be "gold" but which do you really think carries more power? The full ability to project actual military domination anywhere on the planet OR a bunch of metal in a vault somewhere?

Rumors of the US Dollars demise I would suggest are highly over stated. Is this a good thing? Not necessarily. But it is reality.

• 2 weeks later...
Can you please explain this? I have no idea what you are talking about.
Soo, the pyramid scheme known as cryptocurrency (CC) is quite popular right now. The system functions by using computers to generate solutions to a complex cryptographic algorithm. Each of these solutions is known as a "coin". These coins are unique to their owners. Proponents of cryptocurrency use these coins as a medium of exchange, even though they have no intrinsic value, nor any kind of legal validity, and they are not backed by any underlying assets. The value of these coins can only be described in terms of the legal currencies that are used to purchase and redeem them.

The investment activity surrounding this system is speculative in the purest sense, but since the price of CC often experiences wild upsurges, and since no one has seemed to notice that the only sustainable money to be made in this venture is from owning a government issued license that allows you to charge fees for converting legal currency to CC and back, people are willing to gamble on generating their own coins, otherwise known as "mining".

It turns out that GPUs are ideal for performing the kinds of calculations required by mining. The system is designed so that as these coins are generated, it becomes exponentially harder to generate new coins, thus imposing a physical upper limit on the number of coins in circulation. Therefore, mining new coins requires an ever-increasing amount of computational power. So miners run around buying GPUs by the dozen to support their gambling habit, which drives up the price for poor schmucks like you and me who just want to enjoy their PC games at a decent resolution. They are also consuming massive amounts of electricity and generating a ton of heat while they do it. Fun.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Erm, the underlying asset supporting every legal currency is the sum total of the economic activity that replenishes the government treasury. Taxes and treasury securities are real. Currency is not simply a legal fiction.

Erm, the underlying asset supporting every legal currency is the sum total of the economic activity that replenishes the government treasury. Taxes and treasury securities are real. Currency is not simply a legal fiction.

Oh it's....

That is the problem.

Every money that is created, comes with a interest.

You never have money in market to pay that interest! So you make more money, with more interest!

And Banks create the money, not Central Bank.

https://youtu.be/23DNe0cJhcU

--

I usually post from my phone so please excuse any typos, inappropriate punctuation and capitalization, missing words and general lack of cohesion and sense in my posts.....

• Like 1

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Oh it's....

That is the problem.

You never have money in market to pay that interest! So you make more money, with more interest!

--

I usually post from my phone so please excuse any typos, inappropriate punctuation and capitalization, missing words and general lack of cohesion and sense in my posts.....

Interesting.

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

Stil waiting for bubble splash bitcoin. It's already dropped from € 20.000 to € 5000 and dropping! :D

example: on 4-2-2018 a bitcoin was worth € 7000

today on 6-2-2018 a bitcoin is worth € 5000

Magnificent: 2000 Euro in 2 days.

So let them come... :D

It's a matter of time that cryptominers not have profit anymore from mining.:D

The "BUBBLE" always splash!! :lol:

On that moment the videocards will become affordable again. :D

Edited by boedha68

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Oh it's....

That is the problem.

--

There are two fundamental misconceptions in the video you posted. The first is that currency functions like a commodity. A commodity is an object that possesses its own intrinsic utility value, like rice, silver, or gold. Commodities have often been used as currencies throughout history, but currencies are not inherently commodities in themselves. Functionally speaking, currencies are more or less like shares in a corporation. They represent a portion of the total market value of the issuing entity. A $100 USD bill is effectively a stock certificate entitling it's holder to whatever that proportion of the total amount of US currency in circulation can command on the open market.

The value of currency increases and decreases for the same reasons that the value of stocks increase and decrease. If the underlying value of the business increases, then the price rises, and vice-versa. The same with currencies and national economies. Similarly, if too many stocks are issued, then the value of the individual stocks become diluted. Likewise, if the treasury issues too much money, the result is monetary inflation (vs. price inflation). Central bank monetary policy is all about managing money supply and interest rates (which are akin to stock dividends) in order to keep the value of the currency stable.

The second misconception is that the federal budget is like a household budget. That is entirely untrue. A government treasury is effectively a state owned corporation, and it raises funds like any other business in order to fuel economic growth and fund operations. Of course, if a government borrows too agressively and recklessly, or if the treasury claims too great or too little a share of economic activity with its tax policies, then business will suffer.

However, government debt doesn't amount to a stack of household bills. It shows up as liabilities on the balance sheet. As long as debt doesn't grow too large relative to assets, and as long as servicing that debt doesn't become excessively expensive, then a certain amount of debt is not just normal, but healthy in a growing economy, just as it is for a growing company. Debt, in and of itself, is not a sign of fiscal irresponsibility or poor economic performance.

These are basic economic concepts, and in my estimation, anyone who doesn't understand them is participating in cryptocurrency schemes purely on the basis of blind faith.

Edited by -=Phoenix=-

There are two fundamental misconceptions in the video you posted. The first is that currency functions like a commodity. A commodity is an object that possesses its own intrinsic utility value, like rice, silver, or gold. Commodities have often been used as currencies throughout history, but currencies are not inherently commodities in themselves. Functionally speaking, currencies are more or less like shares in a corporation. They represent a portion of the total market value of the issuing entity.

You've over-complicated that and it's inaccurate anyway. Currency is a token of labour and controlled resourses. It's only real value comes from the faith people have in being able to redeem it against goods and services.

Considering how little of either can be had for crypto currency the faith in that is founded upon nothing but greed and stupidity.

Edited by JG3~Siggi

There are two fundamental misconceptions in the video you posted. The first is that currency functions like a commodity. A commodity is an object that possesses its own intrinsic utility value, like rice, silver, or gold. Commodities have often been used as currencies throughout history, but currencies are not inherently commodities in themselves. Functionally speaking, currencies are more or less like shares in a corporation. They represent a portion of the total market value of the issuing entity. A $100 USD bill is effectively a stock certificate entitling it's holder to whatever that proportion of the total amount of US currency in circulation can command on the open market.

The value of currency increases and decreases for the same reasons that the value of stocks increase and decrease. If the underlying value of the business increases, then the price rises, and vice-versa. The same with currencies and national economies. Similarly, if too many stocks are issued, then the value of the individual stocks become diluted. Likewise, if the treasury issues too much money, the result is monetary inflation (vs. price inflation). Central bank monetary policy is all about managing money supply and interest rates (which are akin to stock dividends) in order to keep the value of the currency stable.

The second misconception is that the federal budget is like a household budget. That is entirely untrue. A government treasury is effectively a state owned corporation, and it raises funds like any other business in order to fuel economic growth and fund operations. Of course, if a government borrows too agressively and recklessly, or if the treasury claims too great or too little a share of economic activity with its tax policies, then business will suffer.

However, government debt doesn't amount to a stack of household bills. It shows up as liabilities on the balance sheet. As long as debt doesn't grow too large relative to assets, and as long as servicing that debt doesn't become excessively expensive, then a certain amount of debt is not just normal, but healthy in a growing economy, just as it is for a growing company. Debt, in and of itself, is not a sign of fiscal irresponsibility or poor economic performance.

These are basic economic concepts, and in my estimation, anyone who doesn't understand them is participating in cryptocurrency schemes purely on the basis of blind faith.

Nice write up! And surprising on point to the OP's question! :smartass: I should go dig up my macro-econ book.....nah! :)

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Krypto currency crashing now, might see lots of GFX on the second hand market soon. The bubble is bursting.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

But at the same time a quake happened on Taiwan. This will be the age of second hand DIY building :D

I will sell my PC for 100.000$ see specs below :D

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Nahhh, it's sobering and cleaning up the market.

Too many people have belief in it, it wont crash in a day.

One thing that doesnt let me loose is the idea of old-school banks with their huge power to undermine the crypto trading.

They have done such things thousands of times before, sometimes they get caught, often they get away with it..but look..this BTC is "almost" anonymous, we can sabotage the market with a few injections here and withdrawels there, they for sure do such things or have a plan ready to do it, be no fool, there are plenty violent opponents that fight with a mask, it's hard to see who's your enemy sometimes. One thing for me is clear, my #1 enemy is my state and the banks, they ruin the whole show. No doubt, there are evil forces involved for a few years now, jealous as can be, greed and a criminal energy, yeah, that's called Bankster.

The Fiat system is doomed, it was form day 1 on. No math scientist would ever deny that, it's plain simple, Fri13 said briefly why, you are caught in a trap you will never have enough money to buy yourself out. The more you want it, the more you sink into it as a whole ( society ).

The overall estimate is iirc 60-90years for any Fiat system to collapse. You can pull a few tricks but they will become harder and harder to pull through & justify ( aka stay alive after the riots ).

Two things you may not do:

1: Question the Petro-Dollar...

2: see #1

Do it and you will find a CVV cruising your shoreline, have a hitman visiting you.or..like Venezuela, they just toss you into the bin, regardless how much oil you could sell.

The establishment is a grey force behind it all, nations are only to blind you.

It is that simple and that might be the reason why many just won't accept what they see.

Too simple, too perfide to be true, but imho, it is just li8ke I said, or very similar.

• Like 1

Price a 1080 for the Mac outrageous

I'm sure it's always higher no? Supply and demand. Not too many Mac Pro users to begin with.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Price a 1080 for the Mac outrageous

"Price for the Mac outrageous"

There fixed it. :music_whistling:

And yes I do own Macs ;)

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.