Accident Investigation Board (AIB) class A reports

mvsgas

For you guys always curious about USAF accidents;

Class A accident is:

A Class A accident is an accident that results in fatality or total permanent disability, loss of an aircraft, or property damage of $1 million or more.

I found this website the other day:

http://usaf.aib.law.af.mil/

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

• 8 years later...

New site

http://www.airforcemag.com/AircraftAccidentReports/Pages/default.aspx?Year=2016

This is for accidents statistics:

http://www.safety.af.mil/Divisions/Aviation-Safety-Division/Aviation-Statistics/

I also found this to be very interesting, looking at the F-100 historical data

In 1958, there where 168 class A mishaps, 116 aircraft losses and 55 total fatalities. You imagine if anything like that happen now a day?

Edited by mvsgas
  • Like 1

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

During my youth around Ramstein AB and KMC greater area we had such Class-A accidents still pretty often. I remember reading the local newspapers with articles like "F4 Phantom crashed in low level flight near Pirmasens" almost every other month during the ´70s.

Gaawd, those were the days when the zoomed over our school building at 8:30am in LLF and our german-class teachers freaked out every single time..LoL...good old cold war days I am tempted to say.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Geez Air Force.... I suppose it's a good thing drones don't have aircrew in them. I knew they were accident prone but still, that is a lot of class A's.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

Geez Air Force.... I suppose it's a good thing drones don't have aircrew in them. I knew they were accident prone but still, that is a lot of class A's.

If you get a chance, talk to the maintenance guys for those things, is crazy. Back around 2012, some of those guys describe how one of those will crash and they will just go to a create and get another. Put is together, and move on. I guess they did not even have full investigation boards.

To whom it may concern,

• 2 weeks later...

It’s still missing a bunch of Class A mishaps including totall airframe losses that aren’t on there.

Alienware 17 R3: Intel i7 6820HK @ 4 GHz, 16 GB DDR4, GTX 980M, 1TB Samsung NVMe 951 SSD, AW Graphics Amplifier w/ GTX 1080, TM HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Monstertech, MFG Crosswind, Jetseat KW-908

Of course, this are just public released and easier to access than hunting for different websites like PACAF.AF.mil etc.

To whom it may concern,

• 3 months later...

I can't figure out how to search a report on the AIB website.

Maybe somebody can find the report for this accident.

I really wonder what exactly happened

It's about an A-10C which got it's canopy blown away in midair and also got the gear damaged so it had to be landed with a retracted landing gear :bored: All due to a malfunction whilst firing the cannon

There are two threads (in the wrong section) already, about this incident

1st Thread

2nd Thread

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Waiting to build a F/A-18C home-pit...

ex - Swiss Air Force Pilatus PC-21 Ground Crew

SFM? AFM? EFM?? What's this?

i7-5960X (8 core @3.00GHz)¦32GB DDR4 RAM¦Asus X99-WS/IPMI¦2x GTX970 4GB SLI¦Samsung 850 PRO 512GB SSD¦TrackIR 5 Pro¦TM Warthog¦MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

I can't figure out how to search a report on the AIB website.

Maybe somebody can find the report for this accident.

I really wonder what exactly happened

It's about an A-10C which got it's canopy blown away in midair and also got the gear damaged so it had to be landed with a retracted landing gear :bored: All due to a malfunction whilst firing the cannon

There are two threads (in the wrong section) already, about this incident

1st Thread

2nd Thread

Takes anywhere from 6 to 12 months for reports to become public after an incident.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

• 6 months later...

To whom it may concern,

Damn, that must have been a real "Oh... crap" moment for the pilot!

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

• 3 months later...

F-22 crash on NAS Fallon, April 2018.

The Accident Investigation Board (AIB) President found by a preponderance of the evidence that the causes of the mishap were two procedural errors by the MP.

First, the MP had incorrect Takeoff and Landing Data (TOLD) for the conditions at NAS Fallon on the day of the mishap, and more importantly, he failed to apply any corrections to the incorrect TOLD. Second, the MP prematurely retracted the LG at an airspeed that was insufficient for the MA to maintain flight. Additionally, the AIB President found by the preponderance of the evidence that four additional factors substantially contributed to the mishap: inadequate flight brief, organizational acceptance of an incorrect technique, formal training, and organizational overconfidence in equipment.

This is a direct PDF link to the report

http://www.airforcemag.com/AircraftAccidentReports/Documents/2018/041318_F22_Nevada.pdf

To whom it may concern,

• 2 months later...

KGqt-BHVQAA

This is a direct PDF link

AV-8B Aircraft Class A Mishaps and Engine Problems

To whom it may concern,