[NOBUG] HUD canted to the right

BRRRRT-REYNOLDS

Flying the tomcat yesterday, my hud pitch ladder and such was tilted all evening. Started out straight but at some point tilting and staying off

Fyi

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

I would say it align to the left. And this is air start, no alignment issue.

IRL

kWI8phD.jpg

Ingame

dxqJIcr.png

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

Did you wait for the ADI to settle? The time for it to settle varies and can sometimes take quite a long time.

Was wondering if I had jumped the gun and caused an error mysef.

The problem wasn't the steering poles being to one side...it was actually tilted on an angle almost 45 degree

After takeoff the airplane switch to the first waypoint at M0.35 and if the waypoint isn´t ahead of you, you get turncommando in the SI or the HUD which means that the presentation with the poles and the dot between the poles wanders to the right or left depending if the waypoint is to the left or to the right of you. You can also look at the ADI and the flight director needles or at the CI with the Index for the commanded course the direction of the waypoint. When you have the waypoint ahead of you the tadpoles with the dot is centered at the HUD, the flightdirector needle is in center at the ADI and the Commanded course index at the CI is at 12 a´clock. This is normal and you turn aganst the dot at the HUD to get to the waypoint.

After takeoff the airplane switch to the first waypoint at M0.35 and if the waypoint isn´t ahead of you, you get turncommando in the SI or the HUD which means that the presentation with the poles and the dot between the poles wanders to the right or left depending if the waypoint is to the left or to the right of you. You can also look at the ADI and the flight director needles or at the CI with the Index for the commanded course the direction of the waypoint. When you have the waypoint ahead of you the tadpoles with the dot is centered at the HUD, the flightdirector needle is in center at the ADI and the Commanded course index at the CI is at 12 a´clock. This is normal and you turn aganst the dot at the HUD to get to the waypoint.

No im saying the HUD is angled. Its not that I don't know how to read the nav. The HUD itself is tipped on an angle and cannot be manipulated to show as normal.

Had it happen again once, I figure its something to do with start up.

Take a screenshot of it? Make a video? Upload a trackfile if it showes up in it?

I can't imagine what you exactle mean with "HUD is angled" :dunno:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

No im saying the HUD is angled. Its not that I don't know how to read the nav. The HUD itself is tipped on an angle and cannot be manipulated to show as normal.

Had it happen again once, I figure its something to do with start up.

This happens if you put the system to NAV mode before the ADI gets settled, just as RagnarDar said. Had this happening a few times to me as well when I was to impatient during takeoff and switched to NAV, while the ADI was still swiveling fromn my turn onto the runway. That's why I always make sure that I'm standing still when switching from BER to NAV.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

This happens if you put the system to NAV mode before the ADI gets settled, just as RagnarDar said. Had this happening a few times to me as well when I was to impatient during takeoff and switched to NAV, while the ADI was still swiveling fromn my turn onto the runway. That's why I always make sure that I'm standing still when switching from BER to NAV.

thank you that sheds some light on the issue. appreciate it.