Easter Eggs?

SonofEil

I saw the quoted post earlier and it got me wondering, are there more easter eggs is DCS?

I know this isn’t that type of game and I don’t expect or want a bunch of clever inside jokes scattered all over the place, but just curious what else is out there.

EDIT: The only other EE I can think of are the ufo’s at groom lake.

Are you sure about that?

HB loves HAL

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

• 1 year later...
I hope they will stop polluting DCS with these things

Yeah because pilots are always super serious, and real life doesn't have any humor ever. I love when civilians get all hardcore serious about such things

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

EDIT: The only other EE I can think of are the ufo’s at groom lake.
Nevada map features quite a few, Groom lake of course, but there's billboards with messages, trash cans with weird symbols and things like that. There's the martians game on the Tomcat also.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Yeah because pilots are always super serious, and real life doesn't have any humor ever. I love when civilians get all hardcore serious about such things

Because we already have enough estereggs in other games where it makes sense to do it, but DCS is a simulator. I wish they didn't waste a second to "clog" the code with these estereggs and only focused on completing the modules and fixing the bugs.

Personally I doubt these things are really done at the expense of 'more serious' work. Rather little things somebody did over the weekend or perhaps an artist or coder who would otherwise idly wait for somebody else to finish their part having a laugh. World's not going to end and, quite frankly, I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't even find them by themselves.

Because we already have enough estereggs in other games where it makes sense to do it, but DCS is a simulator. I wish they didn't waste a second to "clog" the code with these estereggs and only focused on completing the modules and fixing the bugs.

Oh you're one of those. Thank God you folks aren't in charge of anything more complicated than a walk in closet.

These things means that the person responsible is actually care about what he or she doing - and not just mechanically crossing out things from the to-do list. Artists are not robots.

Dima | My DCS uploads

These things means that the person responsible is actually care about what he or she doing - and not just mechanically crossing out things from the to-do list. Artists are not robots.

The only artistic thing i recognize in DCS is the graphics, easter egg are bullshit, if they really cared about what they do they wouldn't waste a second doing something completely useless. 60-70 bucks spent and things are still years in EA.

Game=Acecombat

Sim=DCS

If you don't see the difference it's your problem

*whispers* You're not a real pilot and the Air Force would never let you fly a F-16 based on your video game credentials.

Video game = Electronic entertainment

Reality = Not the above

So... if YOU can't make that distinction, it's your problem. You're like one of those guys that goes to a paintball event dressed in ''real gear'' and criticising how somebody hangs their ammo packs because it isn't ''authentic *wheeeeeze*''. Your anal retentive obsession with one word in the title of a video game doesn't change the fact it's a video game and you are taking this video game waaay too serious.

The only artistic thing i recognize in DCS is the graphics, easter egg are bullshit, if they really cared about what they do they wouldn't waste a second doing something completely useless. 60-70 bucks spent and things are still years in EA.

Coding is also art, can you imagine? And a lot of creativity is involved into complex programming tasks.

If you have ever worked on a large, user-oriented software product, you would have known that easter eggs aren't that time-consuming at all. Quite the contrary: they can help you to unwind a little. "Happy worker is a productive worker."

Thankfully, most users like these "human touches" (consciously or subconsciously), be it a funny icon, a little joke in a description, or an easter egg. Why do you think they drew belles on the bombers? Or how do you explain the whole door art phenomenon? Don't they have a better things to do in their army? Like, I dunno, bomb someone or do push-ups?

P.S. Things that are years in EA have nothing to do with any particular programmer or graphics designer (also, bad artist neither care, or have time for jokes).

It might as well be a poor management, crappy prioritization and whatnot. You don't see a lot of easter eggs coming from the management, huh? :smilewink:

Edited by Minsky

Dima | My DCS uploads

*whispers* You're not a real pilot and the Air Force would never let you fly a F-16 based on your video game credentials.

Video game = Electronic entertainment

Reality = Not the above

So... if YOU can't make that distinction, it's your problem. You're like one of those guys that goes to a paintball event dressed in ''real gear'' and criticising how somebody hangs their ammo packs because it isn't ''authentic *wheeeeeze*''. Your anal retentive obsession with one word in the title of a video game doesn't change the fact it's a video game and you are taking this video game waaay too serious.

I try to explain myself better.

GAME arcade= acecombat

GAME sim= DCS

Are you happy now? sim remain different from games and are serious stuff. The fun is in the passion first and then in playing the sim with lightness, as many of us do(unfortunately much in the online) but not in stupid things like easter eggs.

If developers have fun with easter eggs, okay, but when they put a module up for sale they have to clean it of such things. Of course not all easter eggs are the same, the RIO's sympathy is human so it's ok, but when they go further as with the vigen where even in the cockpit you find easter eggs, that's bad, sad, boring, not fun and i dont want to see it.

I guess some folks won't buy Tesla then:

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

I must admit, that Tesla would drive me nuts - especially the cowbells coming on and you can't stop it for 5 mins. Who needs or even wants all that useless distracting crapola in a car? Too many people are too easily distracted in cars already so it's bound to cause some accidents. Just watch a few episodes of "Caught on Dashcam" to see what kind of idiots are on the roads. Scary.

Easter eggs in games or sims though... no harm at all and can be amusing. No need to get worked up about them if you personally don't like them. Just ignore them.

I must admit, that Tesla would drive me nuts - especially the cowbells coming on and you can't stop it for 5 mins...

Maybe they are sure that it is not possible to make accidental maneuvers with the tesla, for me it remains nonsense and i honestly do not trust this type of cars.

For the eg.. if you put them even into the cockpit...

lmao you think development is like some sort of video game where you can just drain resources away from one thing and dump it into another and it just automagically translated into higher output

if this isnt proof video games rot your brain i dont know what is

lmao you think development is like some sort of video game where you can just drain resources away from one thing and dump it into another and it just automagically translated into higher output

if this isnt proof video games rot your brain i dont know what is

Are you answering me or someone else? I simply think that one should not waste a second of time to make stupid and useless eg inside the cockpit