BK90 Update

Cobra847

Did a quite a few offline (test-)runs with the three BK-90-mixtures. All went fine (again: offline) in a very simple test-bed. It's just one target area with some trucks placed, no AA, no SAM, no fighters. Any errors here finally were my errors.

But that's just true for me flying my Viggen. Anytime I order the wingman to engage, he will crash into the ground. He calls out the ground target from about 10 km away and immediately is ordered to engage by F2 - F1. I found no way to order him before he's having targets in sight (would be essential for preplanned runs)

Mostly wingman is able to drop the BK-90 (roughly 50% of those hit the target area), but soon after release he crashes into the ground somewhere near the target area. ADD-ON: TacView is fine, but one should use it ... looking at the last two runs the wingman stays on course with his BK-90, passes directly over the target area and is blown up by the sub-munition. Maybe I'm able to rescue him by a rejoin-order - I'm with stupid.

Looks like there is some work to do with Wingman AI. Using the same test-bed I did some CCIP-runs with high-drag-bombs. Fine for me, any errors my errors. But the wingman does strange things again, dropping the high-drags like he would drop low-drag-bombs.

Edited by Retnek
adding info

"Those who admire me for my 275 kills know nothing about war" Günther Rall

• 5 months later...

As of yesterday flying the latest OB update - the M2 (AP) variant of the BK-90 doesn’t disperse for me, offline or online. Flies over the target and just continues on until it runs out of energy and crashes into the ground. Switched to the mixed (M1/M2) and its dispersing fine. I haven’t tried the M1 version.

Edit - Tried the MJ2 version again tonight (offline) - they dispersed ok, so I must have messed something up before.

Edited by 609_Relentov

• 5 months later...

Just bought the Viggen in the sale and liking it, but on using the BK-90 I am finding that they're flying slightly too long and going to the right. Thus they are often exploding about 100metres too far and always on the right of the targets -am I forgetting something or missing a setting?

It would possibly suggest a megnetic compass setting is wrong? Which reminds me that the mag setting dial on the right doesn't appear to change when twiddling around with it.

Any help greatly appreciated, thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

159th Guards Aviation Regiment; recruiting now! http://www.159thgar.com/

We now fly all modern Jets and Helos

Maybe your INS has drifted. I recommend you perform a proper navfix just prior to the attack.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Is there wind? There's a known issue of the wind correction being backwards. Try flying without wind and check your results. The bug can be overcome by manully entering the wind in the ck37 once in the air.

Also note in "valb" the default mode is "long", not "compact". If you want to use the weapon without takt input, switch to STD.

calculate how low your targets are from the ground turn make sure RHM is on for the altimeter radar if its off and refuses to switch fly low and make sure your navigation is switch on nav.

you can go below the STD by using valb down to 30m about 100 feet. I usually put in tak in

910033, 32, or 34 then tak in 922 this gives me the best results. I notice online the BK90s do not calculate for wind this can make the drag chute bomblets go off course.

lastly when setting a new waypoint close make sure terr nav has a 5 on the 5th digit on akt mode,if its 1 then its useless. i had a bug happened with terrnav grab a new plane or try turning it off and back on.

OK thanks for the responses -I forgot to mention this seems to be occuring in MP not SP mode. I briefly tried the BK-90 off-line in SP and they seemed fine -it was only in MP on-line that the issue seemed to be there.

Will do further tests when I have time in the week.

Thx!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

159th Guards Aviation Regiment; recruiting now! http://www.159thgar.com/

We now fly all modern Jets and Helos

• 1 year later...