Any plans for WWII after the Me262

westr

I would love to know if ED have any plans to develop more WWII aircraft after the Normady map and the 262, knowing of course that they still have lots to do on these. I ask because I don't believe they originally intended to get this involved with WWII but did so to our huge benefit and steeped in to save what was the RRG and Kickstarter project.

The standard of the warbirds have been wonderful so far can't wait for the spit and I'd love to see them produce some more classics. We have some great ones lined up from 3rd parties. A Stuka a Kittyhawk and a Corsair. I would love to see a Hellcat ED :).

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

polychop also has a Horten 229 planned and VEAO has a whole bunch of WW2 stuff in development including two jets to challenge the german ones.

Horten never flew a single combat mission during ww2 and only one that want damaged or crashes during testing was constructed in the US of A.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

At least one twin-engine bomber from each faction would be a useful next step. Different to fly, different battlefield role, multi-crew options (once they get that to work), and gives our interceptors something to intercept... ;-)

My *new* AV-8B sim-pit build thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3901589

The old Spitfire sim-pit build thread circa '16/17:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=143452

Horten never flew a single combat mission during ww2 and only one that want damaged or crashes during testing was constructed in the US of A.

that may be true and all, but polychop is still making it. I personaly wouldn't even dislike a "what if" 1946/47 scenario where planes like the 262, 229, Nakajima Kikka, P-80,MiG-9 and Yak-15 battle it out. As long as the real ww2 stuff gets enough attention.

Check my F-15C guide

• ED Team
I would love to know if ED have any plans to develop more WWII aircraft after the Normady map and the 262, knowing of course that they still have lots to do on these. I ask because I don't believe they originally intended to get this involved with WWII but did so to our huge benefit and steeped in to save what was the RRG and Kickstarter project.

The standard of the warbirds have been wonderful so far can't wait for the spit and I'd love to see them produce some more classics. We have some great ones lined up from 3rd parties. A Stuka a Kittyhawk and a Corsair. I would love to see a Hellcat ED :).

There hasnt been any announcement of plans beyond what we know from ED, which is understandable, they want to get a solid fleshed out WWII environment first, and help facilitate 3rd Parties to build on that, such as LNS and others.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Well even if ED leaves at original RRG stuff complete, there would still be a lot coming up.

Spitfire 9 and P-47D, as well as an eventual Me-262 are aircraft left on ED's plate for WW II. Also the Normandy theater and ground units. I seem to remember that there was also a rumor for AI B-17s around the forums but nothing concrete on that.

VEAO, are currently working on P-40F and an über-Spit in form of clipped wing / bubble canopy Mk 14. They are also working on Wildcat, and will do a Buchon. Then, they are also doing two post war über-props, Bearcat and Sea Fury.

Besides these confirmed / contracted stuff, their roadmap has a lot more warbirds. I am especially hoping they will do the Fw-190A, as well as Bf-109E & early Spitfires / Hurricanes in their "Battle of Britain Memorial Flight" line that was supposed to be announced. I like 40-43 period most in WW II aviation, sure the aircraft are nowhere nearly as fast as 44-45 birds, and usually not as heavily armed either, but they tend to handle more agile, more carefree, and to top it, axis and allies aircraft of that period are usually matches up closer than late war period. Anyway, we'll see how much of roadmap will come to life, but there are a lot warbirds there. Oh, besides the roadmap, Pman hinted a few times that a Me-410 is a long term possibility.

Then, we have Leatherneck also entering the area. I always though they would do Pacific, and here they are :). Besides Corsair and Iwo Jima theater, they are heavily hinting that it will be a part in a big picture, and they will develop AI assets, both aircraft and ground objects to go with it, as well as another map, and very likely a Japanese aircraft too.

Polychop, the newest 3rd party, are doing a multi variant Stuka (G and D) module, and they are investigating possibility of making a Horten 229 as mentioned. I think they will also do more, at least probably so.

Lastly, over the Russian part of forum, an I-16 is being made, and it seem to have progressed quite a bit, and they may even have official status from what it seem.

So yeah, there seem to be a lot more to come, in both aircraft and theater directions. Among all the latest greatest though, I personally hope to see some 40-43 variants too.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

• 2 months later...

Hello all, I have a couple questions about content for Normandy that I can't seem to find a definitive answer on:

1) Will the map include a set of appropriate ground units?

2) Will the map include other AI only aircraft, like transports and bombers?

3) Are there plans to one day include appropriate naval units?

I am new to DCS, having only gotten my flight gear over the past month. I am loving the P-51D, and the connection to it through the incredible true-to-life detail, the amazing flight model, the Flight Manual... everything is absolutely top-notch. I picked up IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad last week, and I'm hoping that DCS will one day rival it (read: beat it mercilessly) by including items one and two items above. They will do wonders for immersion and realistic mission design. Item three would be a nice feature also.

This game (ahem... Sorry... Sim) is really going to get in my wallet once the Normandy map is released. I'm very OK with that :D

Edited by Eclipse

i7-9700k overclocked to 4.9ghz, RTX 2070 Super, 32GB RAM, M.2 NVMe drive, HP Reverb G2 version 2, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, Pro Pedals, and a Logitech Throttle Quadrant

ED has working on appropriate WW2 era units (ground, air, not sure if sea). Waiting news.

Great! Thanks for the reply. I thought I had seen something saying they were, but I couldn't find it and couldn't remember if it was official or not.

i7-9700k overclocked to 4.9ghz, RTX 2070 Super, 32GB RAM, M.2 NVMe drive, HP Reverb G2 version 2, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, Pro Pedals, and a Logitech Throttle Quadrant

Great! Thanks for the reply. I thought I had seen something saying they were, but I couldn't find it and couldn't remember if it was official or not.

See here:

Racoon, what is the actual status of the Normandy AI Units. Have a definitive list about them?

Work in progress ))

Please wait for a new screens.

[...]

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Thanks, guys. Pretty new to DCS and flight Sims in general, but the future (and the past) looks very bright.

See you in the skies!

• 3 weeks later...
Early War? I've always been a sucker for the Spit I/Hurri I vs Bf 109 E-3/E-4/ Bf 110 matchup. And a Normandy map might pretty easily be expanded to include SE England, so ...
When devs asked for info there was South England indeed :D.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Plus, lets not forget about this:

The F4U-1 is on a very temporary development hold as we wait for some new terrain technology to become available in the core engine- as well as focus fully on the AJS-37 until completion.

I'd expect us to announce/show the Pacific project in full before the end of Summer, however- and a release of the Corsair this year.

It's still being very much actively worked on in general, there's just a temporary lull for the Corsair itself.

It seems that a WWII PTO project is quite likely (if not certain-ish with the leak of the F4U-1D and Iwo Jima map).

Same for WWII carrier ops.

Theatres.png

Some great stuff to look forward to. :)

-Nick

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Oh that has just made me quiver with excitement :)

Well.. perhaps DCS will be the sim that finally delivers a modern looking BoB-scenario with a true dynamic campaign. Being able to both fly missions and to plan them or - better still - be able to make strategic decisions. Like avoiding the switch away from bombing RAF airfields and towards senselessly bombing London .. :D

In any case: It would be enough for me to be able to fly these early birds with DCS' level of fidelity/sophistication. Plus a jet-heavy sim like this can *always* use more prop-planes.. :)

EDIT: Can't leave this thread without mentioning some of my favorites from the other end of the time-line ... :)

do335c.jpg

ho229B.jpg

Heinkel_162.jpg

Bundesarchiv_Bild_146-1972-004-32%2C_Heinkel_He_219_als_Nachtj%C3%A4ger.jpg

S.

Edited by 1Sascha

• 3 weeks later...

ho229B.jpg

This one is already in development ;)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg