Take Off in the Bf 109K-4 - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-02-2014, 10:35 PM   #11
xaoslaad

Reputation power: 13
xaoslaad is just really nicexaoslaad is just really nicexaoslaad is just really nicexaoslaad is just really nicexaoslaad is just really nicexaoslaad is just really nicexaoslaad is just really nicexaoslaad is just really nicexaoslaad is just really nicexaoslaad is just really nicexaoslaad is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavagai View Post
Ewww, I have the open beta of DCS installed, but I would prefer to just use my normal install. This is not how it worked for the 190. Thanks though, will check that now.
Patience. Most updates go through the Open Beta to make sure there are no glaring errors before being 'released'. Maybe tomorrow (3rd, as it was suggested) it will hit the release version (the Bf-109 I expect will be beta for some time though).
xaoslaad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 11:21 PM   #12
Strix

Reputation power: 8
Strix will become famous soon enoughStrix will become famous soon enough

MOVED to LANDING!!
Win 10 64. GeForce GTX980 4GB, 8 Gb ram, SSD 250 Gb, 1 Terrabyte HD, Monitor Philips PHL BDM4065 40" 3840 x 2160 60Hz, Slaw Milans Rudder Pedals BF109F , Joystick - HOTAS Warthog, Throttle - HOTAS Warthog, TrackIR V5.

Last edited by Strix; 12-04-2014 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Wrong tread!
Strix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 02:08 AM   #13
Eldur

Eldur will become famous soon enoughEldur will become famous soon enoughEldur will become famous soon enough

Better take off than mine *, but also nice over-rev

Less power or turn the prop down to 11:30 before taking off, or just kick in automatic (S key by default)

* 1st one: Nice crash, 2nd one + 1st landing is here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?...20&postcount=8

But well, still have to get used to my new MFG Crosswind pedals, didn't have toe brakes on my trusty Simpeds - it's such a tremendous impact on DCS WWII and Il-2 BoS ground/take off/landing handling
Old 12-03-2014, 04:09 AM   #14
9./JG27 DavidRed+
Posting Rights Revoked

Reputation power: 0
9./JG27 DavidRed is just really nice9./JG27 DavidRed is just really nice9./JG27 DavidRed is just really nice9./JG27 DavidRed is just really nice9./JG27 DavidRed is just really nice9./JG27 DavidRed is just really nice9./JG27 DavidRed is just really nice9./JG27 DavidRed is just really nice9./JG27 DavidRed is just really nice

uploading my very first take off now...oh a ugly landing is included as well as i thought my engine is dying on me every second because of the fuel pressure going to 0....

Last edited by 9./JG27 DavidRed; 12-03-2014 at 04:37 AM.
9./JG27 DavidRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 05:48 AM   #15
Random

Reputation power: 7
Random has a spectacular aura aboutRandom has a spectacular aura aboutRandom has a spectacular aura aboutRandom has a spectacular aura about

First module I've struggled with on takeoff!
Random is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 07:46 AM   #16
iFoxRomeo

iFoxRomeo is just really niceiFoxRomeo is just really niceiFoxRomeo is just really niceiFoxRomeo is just really niceiFoxRomeo is just really niceiFoxRomeo is just really niceiFoxRomeo is just really niceiFoxRomeo is just really niceiFoxRomeo is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurer View Post
You should switch the prop to auto before start
Didn't know there is a auto prop switch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafer View Post
What happened?
Overrev because of deactivated auto prop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldur View Post
Better take off than mine *, but also nice over-rev

Less power or turn the prop down to 11:30 before taking off, or just kick in automatic ...
That video was for everyones entertainment. Very first take off. I didn't read the manual. That's why I didn't ask for the reason of the engine failure. I generally don't ask question for things that are explained by the manual. After setting the controls I wanted to get airborne as quickly as possible.

Fox
iFoxRomeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 08:11 AM   #17
Yo-Yo
ED Team

Reputation power: 333
Yo-Yo has disabled reputation

Just few cents: the best IAS before flaring is 180 kph, and the landing is simple if the flaring altitude is right and you do not overpull the stick causing balooning.
Takeoff.. as for me it's very simple, but I am glad that somebody has trouble with it, otherwise I will be blamed for ruining the legend about deadly 109.

Idling the engine and then starting to dive with full throttle will be deadly for the engine due to overrevving it. Remember that the propeller pitch can not be changed as fast as for hydraulically driven props.
Yo-Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 08:17 AM   #18
9./JG27 DavidRed+
Posting Rights Revoked

Reputation power: 0
9./JG27 DavidRed is just really nice9./JG27 DavidRed is just really nice9./JG27 DavidRed is just really nice9./JG27 DavidRed is just really nice9./JG27 DavidRed is just really nice9./JG27 DavidRed is just really nice9./JG27 DavidRed is just really nice9./JG27 DavidRed is just really nice9./JG27 DavidRed is just really nice

love the take offs and landings in that plane!very well done sir Yo-Yo.

i have to say, although takeoffs are really simple i think in the 109, if you are not paying attention it will bite you...as seen above, my very first take off, although not really solid, didnt cause me any trouble...

then when thinking that its easy peasy, i didnt pay attention on my second take off, and immediately turned left off the runway...i managed it to get her up in the air, but then immediately left wing stalled and crashed .
9./JG27 DavidRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 08:20 AM   #19
DB 605

DB 605 is a jewel in the roughDB 605 is a jewel in the roughDB 605 is a jewel in the roughDB 605 is a jewel in the roughDB 605 is a jewel in the roughDB 605 is a jewel in the roughDB 605 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yo-Yo View Post
Just few cents:
Takeoff.. as for me it's very simple, but I am glad that somebody has trouble with it, otherwise I will be blamed for ruining the legend about deadly 109.

Idling the engine and then starting to dive with full throttle will be deadly for the engine due to overrevving it. Remember that the propeller pitch can not be changed as fast as for hydraulically driven props.
Take Off feels exactly right for me : if you do everything correctly, theres no problems, if not you are screwed in a heartbeat. Great Job!
CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

DB 605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 08:44 AM   #20
jcomm

Reputation power: 20
jcomm is just really nicejcomm is just really nicejcomm is just really nicejcomm is just really nicejcomm is just really nicejcomm is just really nicejcomm is just really nicejcomm is just really nicejcomm is just really nice

I still think elevator / pitch trim need fine tuning ( Yo-Yo... ) The k4 "catapults" from ground at takeoff, even if instead of setting the stabilator at "1" as suggested, I set it at "2" - full nose heavy.

Until I pick good speed, my nose want's to come up and I am forced to use forward stick.

Landing seems very good though, and at landing configuration and power I get plausible pitch and required trim.

I find the overall feel of flight very good, with a docile cruise equilibrium - properly trimmed for cruise for sure.

I just don't like having my wings ripped off all of a sudden just as I pull it a little bit over the fence...