Pitch Preset Curves "Y"-axis - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 04-28-2016, 04:09 PM   #11
x39crazy

Reputation power: 4
x39crazy is on a distinguished road

Just started flying the Kurfurst so in for updates on this.
x39crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 06:57 PM   #12
tflash

Reputation power: 42
tflash is a name known to alltflash is a name known to alltflash is a name known to alltflash is a name known to alltflash is a name known to alltflash is a name known to alltflash is a name known to alltflash is a name known to alltflash is a name known to alltflash is a name known to alltflash is a name known to all

Well I'm back on the Bf-109 after some months playing with other modules, but man what did happen? I just can't fly the thing anymore, it behaves very strange, doesn't fly smooth at all and I'm having deep troubles trimming it right. The pitch up issue is by far the smallest one that I experience, and I can overcome that one, but for the rest the flight is heavy, erratic, difficult to predict. I guess I have my settings all wrong, will have to read more about this. I can imagine the oversized engine torque causes many issues, but when I flew it many patches ago I didn't have these issues at all.
Old 05-20-2016, 11:23 AM   #13
LeCuvier

Reputation power: 7
LeCuvier has a spectacular aura aboutLeCuvier has a spectacular aura aboutLeCuvier has a spectacular aura aboutLeCuvier has a spectacular aura about
Default It takes practice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tflash View Post
Well I'm back on the Bf-109 after some months playing with other modules, but man what did happen? I just can't fly the thing anymore, ...
I have been flying the Bf-109 since it became available, and it has been my favorite module for about a year. And honestly, I have not experienced any significant changes in the way it behaves in the air or during take-off and landing. Before the Bf-109 I had the Dora and finally managed to take off and land, and tried my luck in air combat vs. AI P-51. When I learned to fly the Bf-109 I found it superior and neglected the Dora. Now recently I forced myself to fly the Dora at least occasionally. And guess what? I couldn't even take off any more, let alone land.
I think that's what happened to you with the Bf-109. The two German fighters are objectively harder to handle than a Mustang, and that's a reflection of WW II reality. You need to fly them until you develop the reflexes for dealing with their behaviour. But once you master the Bf-109, it's a terrific machine in combat!
LeCuvier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 05:40 PM   #14
tflash

tflash is a name known to alltflash is a name known to alltflash is a name known to alltflash is a name known to alltflash is a name known to alltflash is a name known to alltflash is a name known to alltflash is a name known to alltflash is a name known to alltflash is a name known to alltflash is a name known to all

Would it be right to say you have to fly it with the engine as much as with the wings? I have the impression you could pull the engine out of the airframe in mid-air! playing with the throttle more as I normally would already helps me fly it better. The pitch preset also helps.
Old 05-21-2016, 10:46 AM   #15
LeCuvier

LeCuvier has a spectacular aura aboutLeCuvier has a spectacular aura aboutLeCuvier has a spectacular aura aboutLeCuvier has a spectacular aura about
Default Propeller torque is part of the control inputs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tflash View Post
Would it be right to say you have to fly it with the engine as much as with the wings? I have the impression you could pull the engine out of the airframe in mid-air! playing with the throttle more as I normally would already helps me fly it better. The pitch preset also helps.
I don't disagree with your opening statement. Propeller torque has a big influence on the bird's in-flight behaviour, and especially at low speeds it can have more influence than your ailerons and rudder combined. When you have to make turns at very low speed it's useless to try and fly against it. A slow right turn is almost impossible at full power; better reduce power and let the fixed trim pull you to the right. A slow left turn at high power is dangerous especially close to the deck, as the propeller pulls you downward. I find fast right turns easier to control than fast left turns. Normally I avoid changing the throttle when I close in to a target because it makes me lose my aim. But sometimes when I'm at the limits of ailerons and rudder, a well-dosed throttle change can help me to point my nose to the target. This all takes practice until you give the right inputs without thinking.
LeCuvier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 12:44 PM   #16
tflash

Yes I can relate to what you are saying, and I'm gradually feeling more at ease with this bird. I was also flying too low and too fast, once at decent altitude this aircraft really comes to life!
Old 05-24-2016, 11:13 PM   #17
x39crazy

Reputation power: 4
x39crazy is on a distinguished road

This reminded of IL2. While the game might be long dead since the demise of CoD this method of adjustment is nearly identical.
So I searched around for the old settings I used to use in IL2 and found this:
http://www.mission4today.com/index.p...p=show&kid=261
In it is the old IL2 slider adjustment system with several examples. From the link:
"The actual settings that work best vary depending on what joystick you're using, what aircraft you're flying and what your personal preferences are. To give you an idea how much they vary, here are a few examples:

Oleg Maddox:
Roll: 1 3 6 12 21 32 44 61 81 100
Pitch: 1 4 8 15 24 33 44 60 77 100
Yaw: 0 10 19 32 43 54 63 74 86 100

crazyivan1970:
Roll: 27 38 52 63 69 75 83 88 93 100
Pitch: 28 44 55 62 70 79 88 93 96 100
Yaw: 29 40 48 57 66 76 86 93 95 100 plus 7 deadband.

The Author:
Roll: 13 21 28 39 53 65 77 88 96 100
Pitch: 22 28 37 45 54 65 77 88 97 100
Yaw: 35 41 48 56 67 76 82 89 95 100

As a starting point, the author suggests the following:
Roll: 1 4 9 16 25 36 49 64 81 100
Pitch: 1 4 9 16 25 36 49 64 81 100
Yaw: Leave it at default for the time being."

I am using a very mildly tweaked version of the great Oleg's settings with great success in the 190, 109, and P-51.
Hope these are useful.
x39crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 02:56 PM   #18
Hermit713

Reputation power: 2
Hermit713 is on a distinguished road

Over the holidays I picked up the 109 190,p51, and the Spitfire ( and many others)
I don't have any issues with trim except at take off. ( The plane is flown like a drunken sailor)
Until I get the speed up. I the trim like all the other WWII prop planes and jets. It takes me about 30 secs and it is set. Am I missing something?
Why all of the dig numbers/ curves? Are they prop pitch and throttle settings as well?
My biggest issue is on the airfield ������ mission, my engine seizes all the time w/o much stress to it.

Last edited by Hermit713; 01-11-2017 at 02:59 PM.
Hermit713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 04:42 PM   #19
LeCuvier

I fly the Bf-109, FW-190 and occasionally Spit and P-51D, and I do not not use custom curves any more (I did in the beginning). The flight models are realistic with the default linear "curves". If your joystick and/or pedals have a bad characteristic then curves may help.
Old 10-16-2017, 11:56 PM   #20
Burning Bridges

Reputation power: 2
Burning Bridges is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHard View Post
I found a post by another player that recommended his custom curve setup to mimic a neutral trimmed aircraft at cruise speed.

I cannot find the post message to thank him.

AXIS_CONTROLS

Check Slider ON

Check Curves ON

for "Y" = 0, 5, 12, 21, 32, 40, 45, 59, 74, 88, 100

I have CH Products Fighterstick using the CH Control Manager in Direct Mode

This works really nice for me. The 109 flies stable now!

Whoever you are >>> THANKS
THANK YOU to you and whoever discovered this

This guide is a treasure. I can now finally trim and fly the 109

"The whole thing is .. it's wonderful"
Burning Bridges is offline   Reply With Quote