Rockets and gun pods? - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2017, 03:06 PM   #21
WinterH

Reputation power: 13
WinterH is just really niceWinterH is just really niceWinterH is just really niceWinterH is just really niceWinterH is just really niceWinterH is just really niceWinterH is just really niceWinterH is just really niceWinterH is just really niceWinterH is just really niceWinterH is just really nice

I would definitely prefer the belly-up route in that case.
Old 10-10-2017, 03:20 PM   #22
Reflected

Reputation power: 16
Reflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterH View Post
I would definitely prefer the belly-up route in that case.
Yeah...we're already paying a lot more for modules than in other sims. Thinking about the 100s of dollars I gave ED, and that's just me. I'm not sorry I did so, don't get me wrong. But this should be enough for them to hold up their end of the bargain.

It's like a guy comes to you saying he will build you a house for X dollars. You pay him, then after 3 years you still don't have windows, and he would tell you that it's been 3 years, and it's tough for him to pay his contractors, etc... I'm sorry, but who cares? The deal was X dollars = house. Period. And then he would come to you with another offer to build a garage for Y dollars, and he could spend that money on finishing your house, but of course it just fills his time and he has even less resources for the first project. This is the feeling I get.

This being said, I'm happy to pay these high prices for DCS modules, as long as my house gets finished.

My Music
My DCS Skins
B350 Gaming Plus / Ryzen 5 1600 X @ 3,6 / MSI GeForce GTX1070 8192 / 16 GB RAM / Samsung PM961 512 SSD / MS FFB 2 / TM Warthog throttle / Saitek ProFlight pedals / TrackIR 4 PRO
Old 10-10-2017, 07:37 PM   #23
Mad Dog 7.62

Reputation power: 14
Mad Dog 7.62 is just really niceMad Dog 7.62 is just really niceMad Dog 7.62 is just really niceMad Dog 7.62 is just really niceMad Dog 7.62 is just really niceMad Dog 7.62 is just really niceMad Dog 7.62 is just really niceMad Dog 7.62 is just really niceMad Dog 7.62 is just really niceMad Dog 7.62 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeCuvier View Post
The root cause of this situation might be that the current licensing approach does not give them enough funding for software maintenance.

Some software producers now have a licensing scheme where you pay monthly or annual software license fees.

ED may soon face the choice to go that way - or go belly up.
Personally I wouldn't mind a recurring fee if that improved the quality. What do you guys think?
I think that's crap. Many many of us have supported ED over many years with purchases, from Flanker to Lock On to Flaming Cliffs to multiple DCS modules. If you go buy about any other PC game its going to run you $59-$69, maybe $89 for a special edition. How much does DCS, a couple of terrain packs, and 6 aircraft modules cost? Many times that. I know I personally have purchased some modules more than once just to help support ED and others have as well. There are guys here who have probably spent $1000 on ED products, or more. And ED is very good at milking the $$$ out of their products, i.e. separating the WWII Assets from the Normandy terrain pack. I strongly support ED and they deliver some great products, but timely follow through and communications have been problems here forever. My personal opinion is they need to focus on projects and complete them before starting other projects. There have been too many half-completed modules released that never get to the potential they should because ED or the module designer don't finish them.

Gigabyte GA97XSLI
Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz
MSI GTX 1080ti
16 Mb RAM DDR3-2133
256GB SSD for DCS
Oculus Rift VR
Old 10-10-2017, 07:53 PM   #24
SiThSpAwN
Community Manager

Reputation power: 100
SiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by razo+r View Post
Sithspawn said, they are in the works (since two years and more). This leads to my assumption that that statement is just bs...
It's not bs, its true, it was a feature request, its not a high priority, it was never a feature for the original module, it will happen when it happens. Rockets and Gun Pods were generally not widely used or available late in the war anyways.

For future reference, I dont bs you guys.

Closing this thread as some of you are heading towards a 1.10.

Old 10-10-2017, 07:59 PM   #25
SiThSpAwN
Community Manager

Reputation power: 100
SiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to behold

The 109 is complete as is. Rockets and Gun pods were not part of the original module features. So you are mad because you bought a house without a pool, and you expect them to add a pool for free because other houses have pools...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflected View Post
Yeah...we're already paying a lot more for modules than in other sims. Thinking about the 100s of dollars I gave ED, and that's just me. I'm not sorry I did so, don't get me wrong. But this should be enough for them to hold up their end of the bargain.

It's like a guy comes to you saying he will build you a house for X dollars. You pay him, then after 3 years you still don't have windows, and he would tell you that it's been 3 years, and it's tough for him to pay his contractors, etc... I'm sorry, but who cares? The deal was X dollars = house. Period. And then he would come to you with another offer to build a garage for Y dollars, and he could spend that money on finishing your house, but of course it just fills his time and he has even less resources for the first project. This is the feeling I get.

This being said, I'm happy to pay these high prices for DCS modules, as long as my house gets finished.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflected View Post
Exactly. They develop stuff for 3-4 years, release it as a beta, improve it a bit for a year or two then nothing. When you ask they say it's coming...someday. And we're left with a bunch of unfinished, expensive modules.
There is nothing unfinished about the 109, the 190, the P-51... you are getting free updates to these modules, and you are getting mad that you dont get your free updates fast enough. Its quite a warped look you have on what ED is doing.

Closed Thread