Axis Control for Manual Prop Pitch not working? - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-30-2017, 02:13 PM   #1
Weegie

Reputation power: 6
Weegie is a jewel in the roughWeegie is a jewel in the roughWeegie is a jewel in the roughWeegie is a jewel in the roughWeegie is a jewel in the roughWeegie is a jewel in the rough
Default Axis Control for Manual Prop Pitch not working?

Related to the recent thread on Prop Pitch in manual, which drifted somewhat I cannot get the Engine RPM axis to do anything when assigned.

Tried on 2 different controllers

Works fine using the Page Down & Page Up

Anybody find the same thing?
Weegie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 02:23 PM   #2
razo+r
Veteran

Reputation power: 14
razo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nice

confirm that the automatic governor is in the off position (pointing forward)
Old 08-30-2017, 04:02 PM   #3
Whisper

Reputation power: 14
Whisper has a spectacular aura aboutWhisper has a spectacular aura aboutWhisper has a spectacular aura about

The real control in the 109 is in form of 2 buttons on the throttle that move the "prop pitch clock needle" up and down. It's not an axis, they are push buttons in the real plane, you should bind them on adequate controls on your HOTAS
Whisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 05:28 PM   #4
Weegie

Weegie is a jewel in the roughWeegie is a jewel in the roughWeegie is a jewel in the roughWeegie is a jewel in the roughWeegie is a jewel in the roughWeegie is a jewel in the rough

Despite what is in the real 109 according to the settings I can use an axis to control the prop switch according to the Settings, so that is what I want to do

The Governor is set to Manual (Auto switch forward) and the Ignition CB is IN, V100 I think.

So why is it not working?

Without changing anything but using the Page Down/Page Up I can adjust the prop pitch

All I am asking is if anybody else has tried to use it and does it work for them

Old 08-30-2017, 07:13 PM   #5
Frederf
Veteran

Reputation power: 38
Frederf is a name known to allFrederf is a name known to allFrederf is a name known to allFrederf is a name known to allFrederf is a name known to allFrederf is a name known to allFrederf is a name known to allFrederf is a name known to allFrederf is a name known to allFrederf is a name known to allFrederf is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Frederf

RPM is controlled by a 3-position paddle on the throttle handle. The "Engine RPM Setting" axis control while it animates the paddle position smoothly with axis value, the result is a one-speed increase, neutral, or decrease command based on if the electrical contact behind the paddle has been made.

It's essentially the paddle increase or paddle decrease buttons bound to an axis. And for me it functions as expected.
Frederf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 08:05 PM   #6
Weegie

Thanks Frederf

Now you point it out I see what it's doing it smoothly operates the paddle but although the paddle is moving the clock dial prop pitch indicator doesn't so I don't think it's quite right (in my game anyway)

All that said the way it's implemented makes it pretty useless, so I reckon I'll just bind it to the buttons instead

Thanks everybody
Old 09-14-2017, 05:08 PM   #7
Sokol1_br

Reputation power: 29
Sokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to Sokol1_br

Well, the possibility to set Engine RPM Setting on analog axis allow use that "useless" Warthog throttle slew control as an analog momentary "ON-OFF-ON switch".

https://youtu.be/qIpZAu61OM8?t=276

Last edited by Sokol1_br; 09-14-2017 at 05:32 PM.
Sokol1_br is offline   Reply With Quote