Controling tendency to want to roll during flight? - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-23-2017, 08:21 PM   #21
BuzzU

Reputation power: 17
BuzzU has a spectacular aura aboutBuzzU has a spectacular aura aboutBuzzU has a spectacular aura aboutBuzzU has a spectacular aura about

Yes, I know but planes need to be trimmed constantly. I'm sure the pilots didn't like it either. At least they put pitch trim on the 190.

"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity."

"Life is hard, but it's a lot harder when you're stupid." John Wayne
BuzzU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 10:26 PM   #22
rel4y

Reputation power: 3
rel4y will become famous soon enoughrel4y will become famous soon enough

109 also has pitch trim?
rel4y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 10:55 PM   #23
amazingme

Reputation power: 6
amazingme has a spectacular aura aboutamazingme has a spectacular aura aboutamazingme has a spectacular aura aboutamazingme has a spectacular aura about

Without it, you can't pull up from a dive at very high speed.. those stick forces..

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, Saitek X55 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, 27" monitor, TN panel, 1920x1080

Settings:
Spoiler:
2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5
amazingme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 12:00 AM   #24
BuzzU

Reputation power: 17
BuzzU has a spectacular aura aboutBuzzU has a spectacular aura aboutBuzzU has a spectacular aura aboutBuzzU has a spectacular aura about

Ok, I don't own it. I thought all trim was set on the ground.

"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity."

"Life is hard, but it's a lot harder when you're stupid." John Wayne
BuzzU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 12:13 AM   #25
WildBillKelsoe
Veteran

Reputation power: 49
WildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzU View Post
Ok, I don't own it. I thought all trim was set on the ground.
no, only aileron and rudder trims are set on the ground in options/special tab. elevator trim is in the plane and player modified like the P-51D. I tend to think this airplane is an evolution from the Fokker WWI stuff. And you can guess the amount of forward stick from rise of flight.

I usually set my rudder trim to a target speed and hold aileron trim the same amount in the opposite direction. This usually means having hands on the stick all the time since they are not modifiable inflight. Elevator trim is also sensitive you must use a rotary encoder as opposed to the hat switch. At least thats my opinion. Otherwise, in a dive past 500 kph, your stick is useless...
Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.
WildBillKelsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 02:14 AM   #26
DieHard

Reputation power: 11
DieHard is just really niceDieHard is just really niceDieHard is just really niceDieHard is just really niceDieHard is just really niceDieHard is just really niceDieHard is just really niceDieHard is just really niceDieHard is just really niceDieHard is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocSigma View Post
I apologize if this has been asked, but I was curious how those who have a lot of time in the 109 control the tendency for the plane to want to roll clockwise during flight with no rudder trim or aileron trim settings? At the moment, I've been just adding small rudder and roll inputs to keep her flying straight. I can trim out the 51, 190, and Spit to fly pretty stable, but in the 109 - without trim tabs on 2 of the 3 surfaces - not so much. Is this normal, or am I missing something? Thanks.
Bf-109K-4 Real (not easy mode)

Options, Special Tab
=============
Aileron Trim = +2

Rudder Trim = -20

Takeoff Assistance = 0

I use CH Products of Fighterstick, Pro Pedals, Pro Throttle - all set 100% Saturation

I use the CH Control Manager for all my setups.

Options, Controls Tab, Axis Commands, Axis Tune
===============================
Roll = +10

Rudder Dead Zone = +2

Rudder Curvature = +31

I use my thumb Hat switch on my Fighterstick of Down Pitch and Up Pitch (two separate moves).

I figured out my setup by a lot of experimenting and many, many flights over a few months.

These settings will get you in the ballpark of a fairly neutral setup, but my hand is always on the stick and feet on the rudder pedals.

I am usually flying in 2.1.1 OpenAlpha "Burning Skies" server in MP.

Lately feeling out Blue Flag Normandy (DCS Israel server) and also the ACG server.

I flew Ka-50 forever. Now just fly the 109. I probably forgot how to fly the Shark; it would come back in a few days on the 104th's server.

Last edited by DieHard; 08-26-2017 at 03:06 AM.
DieHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 08:08 AM   #27
WildBillKelsoe
Veteran

Reputation power: 49
WildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to all

Detective McLane, might have to try these. Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHard View Post
Bf-109K-4 Real (not easy mode)

Options, Special Tab
=============
Aileron Trim = +2

Rudder Trim = -20

Takeoff Assistance = 0

I use CH Products of Fighterstick, Pro Pedals, Pro Throttle - all set 100% Saturation

I use the CH Control Manager for all my setups.

Options, Controls Tab, Axis Commands, Axis Tune
===============================
Roll = +10

Rudder Dead Zone = +2

Rudder Curvature = +31

I use my thumb Hat switch on my Fighterstick of Down Pitch and Up Pitch (two separate moves).

I figured out my setup by a lot of experimenting and many, many flights over a few months.

These settings will get you in the ballpark of a fairly neutral setup, but my hand is always on the stick and feet on the rudder pedals.

I am usually flying in 2.1.1 OpenAlpha "Burning Skies" server in MP.

Lately feeling out Blue Flag Normandy (DCS Israel server) and also the ACG server.

I flew Ka-50 forever. Now just fly the 109. I probably forgot how to fly the Shark; it would come back in a few days on the 104th's server.
Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.
WildBillKelsoe is offline   Reply With Quote