Westland Lysander - Anyone else want one?

El Hadji

I have forked out tons of money for FS9 and FSX aircraft over the years. I can't see how adding unarmed planes or even civilian would hurt the DCS series from a financial standpoint. Especially if 3rd party devs steps in... Surely I'm not the only flight sim buff that enjoy the actual flying just as much, if not more, as the combat.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My computer specs below:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K@4.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100 | GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 680 2GB Lightning 2GB VRAM @1.3GHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600 | SSD 1: Corsair Force 3 120GB (SATA 6) | SSD 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (SATA 6) | Hybrid disc: Seagate Momentus Hybrid 500/4GB (SATA 3) | Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 | Mouse: QPAD 5K LE | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind | OS: Win7/64

I have forked out tons of money for FS9 and FSX aircraft over the years. I can't see how adding unarmed planes or even civilian would hurt the DCS series from a financial standpoint. Especially if 3rd party devs steps in... Surely I'm not the only flight sim buff that enjoy the actual flying just as much, if not more, as the combat.

+1

The challenges of flying comparatively light and slow STOL capable aircraft such as these would be interesting, particularly in adverse weather or at night - thinking about the Lysander having to find a small field in France and drop off or pick up a covert operative.

+1 at least in dcs i definitely would fly civilian planes as well.the flight model we have here is just that good, that flying in itself, without actual combat, is fun.never had that in another flight sim yet tbh...thats why i dont fly fsx at all...

+1 at least in dcs i definitely would fly civilian planes as well.the flight model we have here is just that good, that flying in itself, without actual combat, is fun.never had that in another flight sim yet tbh...thats why i dont fly fsx at all...

I agree, FSX is an awful simulator in terms of flight modelling, DCS is brilliant.

• ED Team
A lot of you have good ideas for DCS WW2 to commit commercial suicide.

Transports, spotters, gliders, and aircraft that mostly flew at night are not how you begin a WW2 flight sim. For goodness sake, the Westland Lysander looks like a 1940s Cessna 172.

I dunno, flying a transport, dropping paratroopers, heavy flak going off.... sounds pretty exciting to me.

Anyways, it doesnt have to be RRG to do these, these could be great aircraft for 3rd Party groups to cut their teeth on.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I dunno, flying a transport, dropping paratroopers, heavy flak going off.... sounds pretty exciting to me.

Anyways, it doesnt have to be RRG to do these, these could be great aircraft for 3rd Party groups to cut their teeth on.

+1 Amen amen... Try landing a Lyslander under fire from ground forces to resucre a downed pilot.... It is pure fun to me.... :pilotfly:

487th Squadron

Section Leader

I wish I had the skills to help out...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My computer specs below:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K@4.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100 | GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 680 2GB Lightning 2GB VRAM @1.3GHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600 | SSD 1: Corsair Force 3 120GB (SATA 6) | SSD 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (SATA 6) | Hybrid disc: Seagate Momentus Hybrid 500/4GB (SATA 3) | Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 | Mouse: QPAD 5K LE | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind | OS: Win7/64

• 2 years later...

The DCS environment is a bit different. There aren't so many 3D party developers and those that are out there are already having a long lists of planned projects for a few years ahead.

The development cycle of a single planes in DCS seems to require investing a lot of time and resources. Of course the more content then better, I wouldn't mind any aircraft, just wouldn't buy it if not interested. There are however probably a lot of other planes that would trigger wider interest and be more applicable in DCS environment than the Lysander.

In everyone’s interest should be that the 3'rd party dev companies are growing. Investing time in not so much popular plane with limited applicability will not yield a great revenue numbers.

At the end of a day, you can also enjoy purely the flying in any of DCS modules (apart of some of FC ones). Take a Spitfire for a sightseeing flight or fly in any of the trainers. Aside of a great flight model, those planes have however much more to offer.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Well in DCS we do have helicopters and those were not in very active service in WWII.

The artillery observation planes that were used, the Storch, Lysander and that little one the US used would be good additions.

Two of them, that I am aware of, had other roles. The Storch would be used for medivacs and the Lysander was used in covert ops.

Both the Lysander and the Storch used short runways.

Fate is inexorable...

The artillery observation planes that were used, the Storch, Lysander and that little one the US used would be good additions.

We have a Storch!

A couple of versions.

See here,

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=181023

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."