Can't decide between 109 and 190

shake307

This has probably been asked a whole lot of times before, but I can't seem to find a thourough explanation to satisfy my curiousity. I am wanting to purchase a bundle deal this weekend, but I can't decide between the 109 and 190. I am aware of the differences between the two, and their optimum fighting styles. My question is, which module offers more bang for my buck. Which aircraft has more options in missions, configurations, weapons, etc? Which is more polished and optimized? It seems I am unable to really find anything on either, other than what is advertised. Any help is appreciated.

ASUS X570 Plus TUF MOBO, Ryzen 3900X CPU, EVGA 2080 Super GPU, 32GB RAM, 500GB SSD

This has probably been asked a whole lot of times before, but I can't seem to find a thourough explanation to satisfy my curiousity. I am wanting to purchase a bundle deal this weekend, but I can't decide between the 109 and 190. I am aware of the differences between the two, and their optimum fighting styles. My question is, which module offers more bang for my buck. Which aircraft has more options in missions, configurations, weapons, etc? Which is more polished and optimized? It seems I am unable to really find anything on either, other than what is advertised. Any help is appreciated.

The 190 was better suited for multi role purposes, but both planes are capable for it.

There are a few issues with FW190 weapons.

Although 2 types of rockets were recently added when equipped with bombs they don't work.

These rockets were IRL used for AA and have timed fuses instead of impact. This may or may not be changed in future. Also when using 4x50lb bombs and unlimited ammo they don't work after first use.

My question is, which module offers more bang for my buck. Which aircraft has more options in missions, configurations, weapons, etc? Which is more polished and optimized?
If you allow me, it's not a true dilemma. Should you asked a year ago, even though both were fully operatives, someone could argue 109 were still a Beta WIP. Right now both are finished, setting aside minimal details that might be polished at any moment, now or in the future and for both of them. Both are a same type, aerial superiority fighters, both features a minimal Jabo capabilities with same loadouts (a 500Kg bomb), Dora can use aerial rockets but that's a tricky weapon not intended for an air-to-ground use and IIRC still WIP, 109 on the other hand has devastating 30mm cannon. The Fw190 has a few quirks you'll have to get used to, but 109 is even quirkier with a tough ground handling, take off and landing (even more than Dora or Mustang I mean), but 109 is faster and the best climber. P-51 and Dora are quite similar, Dora a bit better for my taste but by a whisker, 109 is better than both by far, anyway it all depends on how you use them and bad pilots waste 109 superiority.

It's not a matter of which worth the while, all of them worth the while, it's a matter of which one do you like more. Or…

Buy both.
He's absolutely right. But if you have to choose you won't regret any choice you make, you'll buy the other one sooner or later so you can decide which one suits you more.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

I only own the 109, and like it very much. My favorite thing about it is the flare gun. That said it has limited ammunition, and a standard reflex site while the 190 has significantly more ammunition/weapon loadouts, and it has a gyro site. The visibility in the 190 is better too thanks to its bubble canopy.

Performance wise the 190 climbs nearly the same as the 109, but it rolls a lot better. Best of the 3 from my understanding. It turns quite a bit worse. Worst of the 3 actually. IIRC the 190 flaps are electric whereas the 109 flaps are manual, so it takes some time to extend, and raise the flaps on a 109. They both use MW50, so you can max out the engine without fear of blowing it as long as you still have some in the tank. The 109 requires a hand crank from the ground crew to start while the 190 has an electric starter (bit me on Case Blue once when the opposing team took out the ground crew vehicles, and I couldn't get my plane started while the 190's were happily launching).

Hope this information helps you.

Always the 109.

Full disclosure I'm totally biased.

The 190 and the mustang are so close in so many aspects that it really comes down to the pilot.

The 109 has a few distinct advantages though, low speed turn and climb rate.

Acceleration is also excellent.

It's a lot more fun to fly for me than the 190, but visibility sucks comparatively.

Well, just to let everyone know, I picked the d9. I couldn't decide, so I put a pic of a K4 next to a d9 and asked my wife which plane looked better. She said the d9... Downloading the bundle and modules now for 2.0. :joystick: However, I should have looked at the store before downloading because the p51 is on sale and so is the dcs nttr map for less than 60 bucks. Damnit:doh: Thank you all for the help and reviewing, but in the end my CO was the deciding factor.

ASUS X570 Plus TUF MOBO, Ryzen 3900X CPU, EVGA 2080 Super GPU, 32GB RAM, 500GB SSD

I'd go for the 109, though both are completely worth the purchase price.

The 190 is probably better "by the numbers," but the 109 is overall a better experience in my opinion. The cockpit is cramped, even with tha basic level of immersion you get with TrackIR you get the sense of struggling to find the right angle to track the guy you're dogfighting, the cockpit layout isn't nearly as clean and sensibly organized as the 190, and as the other guys mentioned you're left to estimate lead the old fashioned way with the fixed collimated sight. Granted, all of those are empirically negative attributes, but they make for a module with a lot of character. It feels right for a fighter of the period.

The one way that the 109 is actually better is in the turning performance, which is nice. You get a definite sense that you're in a little bit sportier a fighter when you compare it with the 190. Besides being bested in the character department, the 190 also just feels kind of similar to the P-51 in how it flies and fights. If you've already got that, you should definitely go for the 109.

If you allow me, it's not a true dilemma. Should you asked a year ago, even though both were fully oomeone could argue 109 were still a Beta WIP. Right now both are finished, setting aside minimal details that might be polished at any moment, now or in the future and for both of them. Both are a same type, aerial superiority fighters, both features a minimal Jabo capabilities with same loadouts (a 500Kg bomb), Dora can use aerial rockets but that's a tricky weapon not intended for an air-to-ground use and IIRC still WIP, 109 on the other hand has devastating 30mm cannon. The Fw190 has a few quirks you'll have to get used to, but 109 is even quirkier with a tough ground handling, take off and landing (even more than Dora or Mustang I mean), but 109 is faster and the best climber. P-51 and Dora are quite similar, Dora a bit better for my taste but by a whisker, 109 is better than both by far, anyway it all depends on how you use them and bad pilots waste 109 superiority.

It's not a matter of which worth the while, all of them worth the while, it's a matter of which one do you like more. Or…

He's absolutely right. But if you have to choose you won't regret any choice you make, you'll buy the other one sooner or later so you can decide which one suits you more.

S!

The only Air Superiority Fighter here is the Mustang and P47 if it gets those big drop tanks. Both 109 and 190 are classified as Interceptors due to their short range and good climb rate/acceleration.But both can not stay long enough over enemy territory and cannot fly far enough to actually win the air superiority.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

The only Air Superiority Fighter here is the Mustang and P47 if it gets those big drop tanks. Both 109 and 190 are classified as Interceptors due to their short range and good climb rate/acceleration.But both can not stay long enough over enemy territory and cannot fly far enough to actually win the air superiority.
Well true, and we could say also even being better fighters than allied ones none of them achieved any aerial superiority over Germany :lol:. Still they both are fighters dedicated to a same role :smilewink:.

Well, just to let everyone know, I picked the d9. I couldn't decide, so I put a pic of a K4 next to a d9 and asked my wife which plane looked better. She said the d9... Downloading the bundle and modules now for 2.0. joystick.gif However, I should have looked at the store before downloading because the p51 is on sale and so is the dcs nttr map for less than 60 bucks. Damnitdoh.gif Thank you all for the help and reviewing, but in the end my CO was the deciding factor.
:lol::lol::lol: Good choice, you won't regret. Dora module is gorgeous. Well like all of them :music_whistling::lol:.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice