INU drift

INS drift usally doesn't get modelled in DCS for aircraft that also have satellite navigation (Ka-50, A-10C, F/A-18C, AV-8B).

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Thanks both. Shame I was learning the fix-taking procedure for nothing!

I often did it just for proper immersion. ;)

I think the very same techniques are also used in other aircraft, so in any case you'll have broadened your horizon. :thumbup:

I think the very same techniques are also used in other aircraft, so in any case you'll have broadened your horizon. :thumbup:

Yeah, this is currently implemented for the Viggen and the Mirage 2000. AFAIK there are currently some bugs in the Mirage 2000 that prevent INS drift and fix-taking to work fully though.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Plus, if I remember correctly, abris & piv800 have no way of talking to each other, so it would be impossible to update instead using GPS, thought we can use the coordinates from abris to make the process easier.

This is parts of the quirks of a prototype jet like the ka50

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

I think that Russians don't use GPS, they certainly use GLONASS, and this things was ready two decades after the first KA-50 (96 for GLONASS around 80 for KA-50 technology), and in the ka-50 years INS use mechanicals gyros not as easy to align than actual gyrolaser or fiber optic gyroscope on numeric systems.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Make the reporting system great again!

You were correcting the INU drift by using reference points you could set up in the ME. There was 2 means of correcting the drift:

- fly over the reference point and use the PVI800 coordinates

- lock the reference point with the Shkval and lase it. PVI 800 will then calculate the coordinates of the reference point you lased and use it to correct the drift.

No GPS/GLONASS were used for this.

@Pougatchev, Russians used all GPS source available. You can see in the ABRIS, in the GPS setup page, that both GPS and GLONASS constellations are tracked.

This INU drift is a bit mysterious because I am pretty sure it was there at the beginning of BlackShark 1.

I remember some working INS disalignment function before the first Caucasus upgrade that make available airports like Vaziani Tbilisi and Batumi.

The upgrade that make the TFC paper map obsolete

I think that Russians don't use GPS, they certainly use GLONASS, and this things was ready two decades after the first KA-50 (96 for GLONASS around 80 for KA-50 technology), and in the ka-50 years INS use mechanicals gyros not as easy to align than actual gyrolaser or fiber optic gyroscope on numeric systems.

From 1982 to April 1991, the Soviet Union successfully launched a total of 43 GLONASS-related satellites plus five test satellites. When the Soviet Union disintegrated in 1991, twelve GLONASS satellites in two planes were operational; enough to allow limited use of the system (to cover the entire territory of the Union, 18 satellites would have been necessary.) The Russian Federation took over control of the constellation and continued its development.[72] In 1993, the system, now consisting of 12 satellites, was formally declared operational[73] and in December 1995 it was brought to a fully operational constellation of 24 satellites. This brought the precision of GLONASS on a par with the USA GPS system, which had achieved full operation а year earlier.[72]

:thumbup: