F-14 Release Date Discussion Thread

zhujiammy

In all seriousness, it's now a maximum of 29 days away. We're close. :)

Try not to rip us apart until it's

- March 21st and it sucks

or

- March 21st and no Tomcat.

:)

I'd rather rip apart ED for not fixing this bug... they now have a maximum of 29 days to get that sorted finally. I want to enjoy the cat and not have to restart DCS every ten minutes 'cos the cursor stops working again. That's the main reason I hardly fly lately and it's really a very devastating show stopper...

And as that hasn't even been acknowledged in any way even by the mods, I'd be very grateful if someone who has some influence could point that out to them... I'm tired of bumping this up every now and then already rainbowdashwink.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think NineLine referred to the deleted post on page 122 rainbowdashwink.png

Was it juicy? Scatological? Are we even allowed to speculate about it? :smilewink:

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

or

You have my word on that.

(I see the former being less likely than the latter, and the latter being not too likely given the hints).

I'll make a simple guess:

The Viggen must be out of EA before the Tomcat can be released.

(I think ED limited the EA aircrafts to one per developer, thats why also we don't see a Mig19 yet)

So I'll guess they are working now 50/50 on the Viggen and the Cat, which leads to the Viggen "finished" for the update on February 27th.

Then they can polish the rest of the cat and will release it on March 13th. Also I would guess that Razbam would like to release the Mig19 before the Tomcat, so I would guess this release also on Februray 27th.

TL;DR:

Viggen EA -> final: February 27th

Mig 19 release final: February 27th

Tomcat release EA: March 13th

Or if they can't be in time with the Cat: April 3rd

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

Looking forward to it's release, have not flown in DCS since September last year. A new fresh start for 2019 in DCS and it will be with the Tomcat. Saving up for the Persian Gulf map this year i should have it by June or July, it looks amazing and i think it fits the F-14 well.

You all have a great day.

Matt said it would come by the end of the month, Matt would 't lie to us, he' s a good guy, right?

Please, don't tell me he is playing with our feelings...

Pls Matt

Any landing you can walk away from is a good landing.

Any landing where the plane will fly again is a GREAT landing!

or

So is this considered the release date that you're "really close" to announcing, especially after the stress test that you had on the weekend? I'm happy either way, just hope you'll clear up any confusion about your comment. Thanks for your time as always in the forums Cobra, I'm sure you're currently a man whom has very little time for Forum browsing.

"I'm just a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude."

Do you have any official information (either from ED directly, or a 3rd party dev.) to back this up? Or are you just repeating what someone on the internet said?

Nobody has any official informations in this thread, beside March 21st... (And I still assuem that it is not THIS official, its just a date that has to be entered in Steam)

The "only one plane in EA" is just my personal guess as no dev has two EA aircrafts.

Razbam wanted to release the Mig19 and ED stopped it due quality. So only one aircraft in EA (Harrier) when they release the Mig19 as full release.

HB want to release the Tomcat as EA. And suddenly, they announce that the RC1 for the Viggen will arrive and that it will leave EA.

So what would be your guess?

Steam user - Youtube

Christ on a bike.

You have a never-exceed deadline date. They've said they'll release before if possible. How is that not any clearer?

Your speculations and wild ass guesses accomplish NOTHING.

Your impatience accomplishes NOTHING.

Your demands accomplish NOTHING.

And yet the same tired litany.

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

So what would be your guess?

My guess would be that you know absolutely nothing about the contracts and agreements between ED and the 3rd party developers, and that your assumptions are based on a statistically insiginificant number of released modules. Leave announcements like release dates etc to the official sources. Spreading runours is counter-productive and benefits nobody.

This thread is laughable, grown men ( I take it?) moaning and and squabbling over a games release date?? Surely it’s done when it’s done. Where not awaiting a cure for cancer! As much as I want to fly a sim based F14 it doesn’t consume my whole day. Heatblur if your reading this just do what needs to be done a release when your happy. I signed up for this module months ago and I’ve plenty of other stuff to fly as I’m sure we all have.

Amazing how many people spend time to post in this thread that has little to no affect on when the module will be released. However, I am sure it makes the developers and EA laugh at how silly people can get over an up and coming module. I’m sure Nineline is sitting in his chair laughing at most of you.

My guess would be that you know absolutely nothing about the contracts and agreements between ED and the 3rd party developers, and that your assumptions are based on a statistically insiginificant number of released modules. Leave announcements like release dates etc to the official sources. Spreading runours is counter-productive and benefits nobody.

Sorry, I missed that this thread is "only for official and approved announcements". I really thought that it would be a "release date discussion".

:lol::lol::lol:

LoL, this will be so epic...

Either the saltiness for every new day it is not released, or then the saltiness when it is released and not every smallest little detail is working :megalol:.

I would be also fine if they release it in 6 months. Better in good shape then earlier.

Edited by viper2097

Steam user - Youtube

or

For a near complete module.

I would forgive you if was May 21st and no Tomcat.

i7 8700k @ 4.7, 32GB 2900Mhz, 1080ti, CV1

Virpil MT-50\Delta, MFG Crosswind, Warthog Throttle, Virptil Mongoost-50 throttle.

or

Hello,

I don't see a reason for it to suck:

- feature wise, it has been repeatedly stated that, it is already at a very high level of acomplishment;

- regarding the F-14 Tomcat itself, well I always assumed that whoever buys this bird, does know somewhat of it, and likes it already...

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

That has been going around for a while, and has since been corrected.

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

Sorry, I missed that this thread is "only for official and approved announcements". I really thought that it would be a "release date discussion".

:lol::lol::lol:

LoL, this will be so epic...

Either the saltiness for every new day it is not released, or then the saltiness when it is released and not every smallest little detail is working :megalol:.

I would be also fine if they release it in 6 months. Better in good shape then earlier.

We're dangerously close to hyponatremia at this point.