Slew AGM-65F

That’s only true if you use the depress on the slew control. Binding depress to something else works fine with depress and move on the Warthog.

That's true, I should have clarified that it was just pressing slew and using the slew control at the same time that's a problem. :thumbup: I have the TDC press assigned elsewhere and use the slew control on the throttle.

And I'm one of those impatiently awaiting arrival of my Deltasim thumbstick :(

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

I am getting thoroughly frustrated with this now. Having read just about every thread there is on the net about this issue, im lost.

No matter what I try I cannot get the TDC on my TM Warthog throttle to slew the IRMAV. Unchecking realistic slew in special settings does nothing. I have watched Wags video over and over again to see if i am missing something. This is what I have -

- IRMAV selected.

- AG mode, master ARMED

- Sensor selected is left MFD

- IRMAV display

It will lock onto tatgets (of its own choosing), but if i wish to slew the seeker head with the slew (mini stick) on the throttle absolutely nothing happens.

I have tried assigning other buttons to the TDC depress. Tried realistic checked and unchecked. Tried adjusting the and tuning the axis saturation, deadzones curves. Nothing. No difference. The damn thing is just stuck.

Everything works absolutely perfectly on the A10C and AV8B, but the F18.........Yeah I am pretty pissed at forking out the 79 dollars for the module and not being able to get full functionality.

Please someone tell me I am missing something obvious and that there is a genuine fix for this?

I am getting thoroughly frustrated with this now. Having read just about every thread there is on the net about this issue, im lost.

No matter what I try I cannot get the TDC on my TM Warthog throttle to slew the IRMAV. Unchecking realistic slew in special settings does nothing. I have watched Wags video over and over again to see if i am missing something. This is what I have -

- IRMAV selected.

- AG mode, master ARMED

- IRMAV display

It will lock onto tatgets (of its own choosing), but if i wish to slew the seeker head with the slew (mini stick) on the throttle absolutely nothing happens.

I have tried assigning other buttons to the TDC depress. Tried realistic checked and unchecked. Tried adjusting the and tuning the axis saturation, deadzones curves. Nothing. No difference. The damn thing is just stuck.

Everything works absolutely perfectly on the A10C and AV8B, but the F18.........Yeah I am pretty pissed at forking out the 79 dollars for the module and not being able to get full functionality.

Please someone tell me I am missing something obvious and that there is a genuine fix for this?

using the options has nothing to do w/ it working or not. i suggest posting a track so we can see what ur doing incorrectly or hardware related.

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.

- IRMAV selected.

- AG mode, master ARMED

- IRMAV display

Are you holding down the TDC designate button while slewing ? Are you certain your slew functions are bound in axis commands and not buttons ?

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Are you holding down the TDC designate button while slewing ? Are you certain your slew functions are bound in axis commands and not buttons ?

Yep absolutely. I can slew the FLIR/TPOD no problem and the axis shows to be working normally in axis tune. Its only the mav that will not slew.

Yep absolutely. I can slew the FLIR/TPOD no problem and the axis shows to be working normally in axis tune. Its only the mav that will not slew.

You don't need the TDC depress to slew with FLIR/TPOD.

Your problem is related to the TDC depress somehow not being recognised or not being implemented correctly by you. What do you have TDC depress assigned to. Can you show us a screen shot?

Have you tried clearing all your Hornet controls and starting from scratch? Remove all the appropriate files in your Saved Games folder.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

- IRMAV selected.

- AG mode, master ARMED

- IRMAV display

Sorry but I have to ask. One of those “is the computer plugged in?” type questions. Are you uncaging before you try to slew the seeker? That step was not mentioned...

F/A-18C Hornet, i9 9900K OC 5.0G, 1TB Intel 660 M.2 SSD, Z390 Aorus Pro, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB, GeForce RTX 2080TI, TM Warthog HOTAS, TM T-Rudder, Oculus Rift S, Open Wheeler GEN2 Sim Chair w/ Warthog Upgrade.

Thanks for all the inputs guys.

Yep uncaging before slewing.

I have unchecked the box in the options for realistic slew, so therefore a tdc depress should not be required.

My reference to the slewing of the flir is just for the mini-stick on the throttle.

I will try tomorrow and clear everything and start again with the control setup.

It appears to me that the slewing action is the issue and that the maverick seeker just does not recognise the slew function whereas the flr does. I am not sure it is a tdc depress issue as this should have been removed by unchecking it. Confusion continues!

Quick update - problem solved!!!

Thanks again for all the useful suggestions. I am not exactly sure how i solved it, but i cleared all the control bindings and started again, and then it started to work.

Glad to hear you sorted it out! Must have been a conflict somewhere.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box