VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Are you running standalone or Steam

Have you set the custom path in the Vaicom config panel and ticked the OB box (or tried unticking it if it is ticked)

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Hey mate, I'm using the Steam install. I've already uninstalled VA and VAICOM Pro, so can't tick the OB box or set the profile.

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

If you have uninstalled and are still stuck I think you need to run a DCS repair.

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

p.s. I know you have verified integrity but don't know whether there are other things you can do (I run standalone)

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Hey mate, I'm using the Steam install. I've already uninstalled VA and VAICOM Pro, so can't tick the OB box or set the profile.
Hey!

For the future. No need to uninstall VA as it's not affiliated with VAICOM. VAICOM is a plugin for VA.

Run a repair of DCS. Use Skatezillas tool.

Go delete the export.lua in your \saved games\dcs folder\scripts

Reinstall VA and add VAICOM plugin as per the manual.

Make sure VA runs as admin, and enable plug-ins.

Restart VA, and hopefully DCS will run now.

Cheers!

EDIT: And of course check the paths as @hornblower793 suggests before you restart VA and start DCS.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

I certainly haven't experienced that - i have the usual DCS issue of ATC believing a response to requests is an optional luxury but Vaicom works.

Are there any clues in either the DCS log or the VA events.

Which version of DCS are you currently running?

Hello ! Is there a way to reset the position of the configuration window ?

I had a 2nd screen and previously pushed the config window on this one, but I've disconnected the 2nd screen. When I want to launch the config window, it does not display on my main screen.

Thanks ! :)

image.png

06th Multirole Helicopter Regiment

Bataillon d'appui aérien - Escadrille HOG

Hello ! Is there a way to reset the position of the configuration window ?

I had a 2nd screen and previously pushed the config window on this one, but I've disconnected the 2nd screen. When I want to launch the config window, it does not display on my main screen.

Thanks ! :)

Have you tried the Windows 10 tricks for this - either cascade all windows (although this will rearrange everything for you) or Alt+tab to give the configuration screen the focus and then shift+right click its icon in the taskbar and select move. You should then be able to move the winwow back using your arrow keys.

I won't be on my machine until later but can look further if you are still stuck

Hi MAXsenna and Hornblower793

Easy communication off issue resolved with select tune radio untick/off. Indeed the F18 most likely doesn't like freq 71.000

Btw, does vaicom work with Mirage 2000, thinking of getting this module while the sale's on?

Thanks so much for all your help.

Hi MAXsenna and Hornblower793

Easy communication off issue resolved with select tune radio untick/off. Indeed the F18 most likely doesn't like freq 71.000

Btw, does vaicom work with Mirage 2000, thinking of getting this module while the sale's on?

Thanks so much for all your help.

Great to hear

Yes it does work with the Mirage which I have recently got myself - the only minor issue so far is that at least one of the training missions needs a non-standard menu response so you either have to turn the on-screen menu back on for the mission or use the import F10 option in Vaicom and then add the command. I did the first one but might well do the latter one if I keep flying the mission.

Great to hear

Yes it does work with the Mirage which I have recently got myself - the only minor issue so far is that at least one of the training missions needs a non-standard menu response so you either have to turn the on-screen menu back on for the mission or use the import F10 option in Vaicom and then add the command. I did the first one but might well do the latter one if I keep flying the mission.

I agree! Just get it!

I use "options" and "take" all the time in the module. It gets really natural fast.

Yeah, and happy that you got it working!

Have you tried the Windows 10 tricks for this - either cascade all windows (although this will rearrange everything for you) or Alt+tab to give the configuration screen the focus and then shift+right click its icon in the taskbar and select move. You should then be able to move the winwow back using your arrow keys.

I won't be on my machine until later but can look further if you are still stuck

Hello ! No luck with alt-tab, i can't see the window (that's weird...).

image.png

06th Multirole Helicopter Regiment

Bataillon d'appui aérien - Escadrille HOG

Hi Max

Do I need to run a Steam repair of DCS, as well as use Skatezilla's tool? Or will a Steam file integrity check suffice?

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

Hi Max

Do I need to run a Steam repair of DCS, as well as use Skatezilla's tool? Or will a Steam file integrity check suffice?

Ah, sorry. I'm not using Steam. But I guess just use Steams repair function.

Hello ! No luck with alt-tab, i can't see the window (that's weird...).
Select the VAICOM control panel on the Taskbar. Press Alt-Space, use arrow keys in the menu, select "move", press an arrow key, and the mouse pointer will stick so you can drag around if you don't see it at first, or just use arrow keys if you know correct directon.

Hope this helps!

If i run VIACOM just on my desktop or in the DCS menus it recognises pretty much everything i say first time.

As soon as start a mission it's very hit and miss, sometimes it works perfectly for a while, however most of time it defaults to "Jiroft Airport" no matter what i say or does not even respond at all..... even though i am getting good MIC levels. I have tried reducing the MIC input levels just in case it was to high causing distortion of my voice.

If i then temporary pause the mission and speak it recognisies what i have just said ok.

This morning i have tried:-

1) A DCS repair and removed the leftover VIACOM files.

2) Reset the settings, profile and LUA code from the "configuration window".

3) Deleted my export file and also the VIACOM folder from my Saved games "Script" folder.

4) Downloaded a new copy of VIACOM and installed it into my Voice attack "APPS" folder.

After i had done the above steps i started DCS up and played two missions and it worked perfectly on the two missions that i tried and then shutdown my computer thinking that i had sorted the problem. Just tried playing another mission this afternoon and it's acting up again ??.

Anybody think of anything else i could try.

Thanks..

Edited by Gunnergolly

Win 11 Home 64Bit, i7-13700K@5.2Ghz Water Cooled, 32 Gb RAM, PNY RTX4090, HP Reverb, PICO 4, Quest 3, Realsimulator FSSB R3, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Pedals.

If i run VIACOM just on my desktop or in the DCS menus it recognizes pretty much everything i say first time.

As soon as start a mission it's very hit and miss, sometimes it works perfectly for a while, however most of time it defaults to "Jiroft Airport" no matter what i say or does not even respond at all..... even though i am getting good MIC levels. I have tried reducing the MIC input levels just in case it was to high causing distortion of my voice.

If i temporary pause the mission and then speak it recognizies what i say ok.

This morning i have tried:-

1) A DCS repair and removed the leftover VIACOM files.

2) Reset the settings, profile and LUA code from the "configuration window".

3) Deleted my export file and also the VIACOM folder from my Saved games "Script" folder.

4) Downloaded a new copy of VIACOM and installed it into my Voice attack "APPS" folder.

I started DCS up and played two missions and it worked perfectly on the two missions that i tried and then shutdown my computer thinking that i had sorted the problem. Just tried playing another mission this afternoon and it's acting up again ??.

Anybody think of anything else i could try.

Thanks..

Yes. The only thing you really can. Train Microsoft Speech Recognition.

It isn't VAICOM that doesn't understand YOU, not even Voice Attack. It's MSSR.

It works sort of like this. You press a TX button and say something. Voice Attack records this and sends it to MSSR, which then tries to interpret this from Speech To Text, Voice Attack then sends it to VAICOM which then checks if the STT fits a command, and then passes it to DCS.

So in not part if this will Voice Attack or VAICOM do any STT. They're just a marry bunch working together.

So, again. Train Microsoft Speech Recognition, and add stubborn word and phrases to the dictionary WITH your speech recording.

There is yet a little trick one can do in Voice Attack, but I'm testing it, it's about adding the words MSSR thinks you say.

Thanks MAXsenna.

I have completed both the MSSR windows voice training exercises where you have to dictate sentences and have also trained all the VIACOM keywords.... with a high recognition success rate.

For the most part my computer has no problem understanding me as i am a native english speaker with no real accent.

VIACOM works fine when i'm not in a mission, sometimes i have noticed that there can be a three second delay between me speaking and VIACOM responding when it does recognise what i'm saying when playing a mission.

Very fustrating as it works perfectly and pretty much understands everything i say when either using VIACOM from my desktop or when i'm in the DCS menus... :cry: ???...

Win 11 Home 64Bit, i7-13700K@5.2Ghz Water Cooled, 32 Gb RAM, PNY RTX4090, HP Reverb, PICO 4, Quest 3, Realsimulator FSSB R3, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Pedals.

Hey!

For the future. No need to uninstall VA as it's not affiliated with VAICOM. VAICOM is a plugin for VA.

Reinstall VA and add VAICOM plugin as per the manual.

Make sure VA runs as admin, and enable plug-ins.

Restart VA, and hopefully DCS will run now.

Cheers!

EDIT: And of course check the paths as @hornblower793 suggests before you restart VA and start DCS.

Thanks! One more (hopefully last) question for you - is there a process to get DCS running again that doesn't involve reinstalling VAICOM and its add-ons? To be honest, installing VAICOM Pro is beyond me after trying to get it working unsuccessfully several times in the past, and it's even more convoluted now with the changes brought by 2.5.6.

@Gunnergolly

Aha! Well, I guess you're all setup then.

Just beware that the "Keywords training" is not a "traning" of MSSR per say. Can be a little misleading IMHO. It's just a way one can test the keywords and make sure they are recognized. Nothing is stored, like the MSSR training you did. As for the MSSR training, one can do that one as many times one feels like, and will get better and better. Another tip. If you get another mic, repeat the training! I did that, and I also checked the recordings, and they were shit with my old one. So I deleted them.

I'm sure you've done this already, but check and make sure Voice Attack setup correesponds, language wise, to MSSR setup. Read on the Discord that VA can be a little picky if they're not the same.

As for the delay you mentioned. Yes, I've had that once in a while. It seems commands are qeued up, and then flushed through. Might be something to do with commands sent over the network actually.

Do you have VAICOM in debug mode? If not, turn it on an look in the VA log. Might give some more clues.

And like I said in the other posts. It can be useful to add "incorrect" words to the keywords list in VA. IE I've added "charter" and "cheddar" along with the "chatter" command. And now that one works better. I'll come back to it later when I understand better how this works, as for any change in VAICOM with the paste "song and dance" will owerwrite my changes, so I must remember to be careful!

Thanks! One more (hopefully last) question for you - is there a process to get DCS running again that doesn't involve reinstalling VAICOM and its add-ons? To be honest, installing VAICOM Pro is beyond me after trying to get it working unsuccessfully several times in the past, and it's even more convoluted now with the changes brought by 2.5.6.
Well, were in the process are you now?

You reinstalled Voice Attack, but did you add VAICOM as plugin again?

After this, I'm quite sure it will work after "resetting" (deleting) export.lua

Phew, got it to work without going through the song and dance of VAICOM installation - did this first:

Then ran a repair, it fixed 3 files, and now it's all good. I'll revisit VAICOM once the issues with 2.5.6 are ironed out, or installation gets much simpler. Shame, as it looks like an awesome piece of software, and I've bought all 3 packs for it.