idea for controls implemenatation in regards to speed

wolfstriked

I posted this idea years back on this forum and no one understood.What I am thinking is less stick movement needed at low speeds and full stick movement at high speeds.I think I couldn't get my point across yrs back cause I was trying to explain it with a force sensing stick as a main component.Just now I simply tried putting Xsaturation on both pitch and roll axis to %50 percent and it surprisingly gave the effect I was looking for.

Now mind you for full effect this works with a high tension stick only.I have no stick attached to my warbrd base so its alot of tension.When I come in for a landing and flare the tension buildup just doesn't feel right.Same with folloing enemy plane thru a loop and as speed drops I have to use more and more stick travel to keep guns on target and this means more and more tension.Same with just slow turn fights where to bank plane I have to fight stick tensions considerably.

Now with pitch and roll Xsaturation set to %50 percent at low speeds the stick feels perfect and surprisingly I have great control.Was thinking the plane would be erratic.

"Its easy,place the pipper on target and bombs away." :pilotfly:

i7-8700k/GTX 1080ti/VKB-GladiatorPRO/VKB-T-rudder Pedals/Saitek X55 throttle

I'm not sure what aircraft you are flying, but in general, that's not how aerodynamics works. At slower speeds, you need more deflection of the stick/surfaces for the same amount of response. At high speed, the force of the air moving over the surfaces is greater so you need to move the stick less. Modern flight control systems may even it out though, so there is less of a difference in control force required at different speeds.

*Edited for clarification. I meant to move the nose a certain amount, you need more deflection at slower speed.

Edited by Joker328