Force feedback joystick or not

freemind_fly

Hell yes! An emphatic yes. (MS FFB2 user here)

I've got nothing but praise for the Warthog HOTAS, but I for one can't go back to any spring-loaded stick after flying FFB in DCS.

Most modules in DCS support force feedback. The only real jets where it doesn't make sense to use the stick are the ones where you absolutely need all the HOTAS buttons on the stick, and the FBW jets.

Basically the Hornet and the Mirage are the only ones (and probably the A10C) where you won't get much if any benefit of using a FFB stick. Even the Su27 has great FFB implementation, as I believe even though the real Su27 has FBW, the real jet also simulates some kind of force effect depending on G loading I believe.

As for the Mustang. It's an absolute joy to fly with FFB, like all the warbirds really.

Edited by OnlyforDCS

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

After I changed to flying fighter jets (BMS F16 and now DCS) I bought a TM Warthog and stored my MS Forcefeedback Joystick in some box. Does it make sense to use it with the P51D? Any experiences?

I've commited to keeping my msffb2 plugged into my usb hub at all times, and I break out the warthog stick when I'm flying jets and need more buttons.

Otherwise yeah.. I use my msffb2 for prop planes..as well as helicopters for force trim.

Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

i just thinking why for example warthog hotas dont vave FFB or can anyone link to me any hotas with FFB becouse i cant find any

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

i just thinking why for example warthog hotas dont vave FFB or can anyone link to me any hotas with FFB becouse i cant find any

There are none actual HOTAS systems / sticks with FFB unfortunately.

You´d have to get a used MS Sidewinder FFB 2 or a Logitech G940 HOTAS (not sure though how good it is).

Love my FFB2 :joystick::pilotfly:

There are none actual HOTAS systems / sticks with FFB unfortunately.

You´d have to get a used MS Sidewinder FFB 2 or a Logitech G940 HOTAS (not sure though how good it is).

Love my FFB2 :joystick::pilotfly:

G940 has more buttons but far less accurate..

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5