Slew AGM-65F

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with folks here. While I truly and deeply appreciate every single step from ED towards realism, the real throttle in the F-18 probably has a much finer and precise slew control than the "nipple" that we get in the warthog throttle, which is not even representative of the real slew switch in the Warthog.

An option in the misc tab would be the best way to satisfy all of us here. :xmas:

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog

PC: it's much better now

My slews were just fine as well,,, except for the AGM-65F also,,, so your not alone. I tried to make some curves etc for it, but it did not seem to impact the AGM-65F. WIP I suppose?

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Having to depress the TDC button on my TM WH throttle is a no-go. Impossible to control the crosshair position while that button is depressed, apart from the impossible haptics. I had to re-assign a button on my joystick to that function.

It's still very awkward to move the crosshair around but at least it's feasible after I reduced the Y-Saturation for both axes to 10%. ED cannot improve the precision of my TM WH slew controller, but at least they can make it to work as well (that doesn't mean really good!) as with the A-10C. I sure hope they will come up with something. And if they could make this work without depressing a button, that would be even better.

I'm the exact same, TDC depressed on the TM WH HOTAS = No chance, barely any with another button assigned since the crosshairs are over responsive. What was an excellent start to MAV's on the F/A-18C has now become a pain.

LeCuvier did you drop the Y Axis saturation on both X & Y to 10% or down by 10% to 90%?

I'm not having any problems with them.. getting a lock at 7.5nm and I can rifle all 4 of them in that time on to a tank/Inf platoon... so much destruction.. it's almost not fair.... Almost :music_whistling:

What controllers are you using and what are your button assignments for TDC functions?

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

See the comments in this youtube video as well:

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Yes, I was just reading Matts YouTube description,,, all well known and WIP.

I agree with this. Although I understand the reason for doing this, it hamstrings people who aren't running Cougars or Warthogs...

Ironically, having just gone from an X-55 to a TM Warthog, I think this is actually worse with the Warthog... I'm baffled by some of the design choices by Thrustmaster for their throttle!

would be nice to have a misc option such as "TDC depress to slew maverick"

+1

(me, I use my MCG's "Gate Control" ministick w/ push for that. Had to tune the axes in DCS quite a bit for a more controllable movement, but it works really well)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

None of the existing Sticks/Throttles can give you good results with 1 button (slewing while holding it down)

Works fine for me :music_whistling:

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

LeCuvier did you drop the Y Axis saturation on both X & Y to 10% or down by 10% to 90%?

I reduced Y-saturation on both axes by 90% down to 10%. And Deadzone = 30%

This will be too slow for radar, yet still it seems over-nervous for the MAV. But at least I can get MAV-F locks.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Here is how I solved the issue of (WH Throttle) holding the SC button down while moving the CSU control right beside it, at the same time.

The issue for me was holding down the button while trying to slew.

Either uncage the seeker first as normal. Or . . . . . keep it caged and boresight the target then uncage and then press the SC button twice quickly.

Using Target Script, I programmed the SC button to stay down on the first press. This allows the button to hold and this will allow me to move the slew control (CSU) without having to physically hold the SC button down . When the crosshairs are over the target, I press the SC button a second time and it releases. This permits the AGM65F to lock.

Rinse and Repeat

Formula as follows:

//RADAR/AGM65F MANAGEMENT CURSER//

MapKey(&Throttle, CSU, ';'); //Cursor Up

MapKey(&Throttle, CSD, '.'); //Cursor Dn

MapKey(&Throttle, CSL, ','); //Cursor Left

MapKey(&Throttle, CSR, '/'); // Cursor Right

//TARGET LOCK TDC//

MapKey(&Throttle, SC, SEQ(DOWN+ENT, UP+ENT)); //Radar/MAV - Radar Lock/Unlock - AGM85F Lock on Second Press

Edited by Catseye

Here is how I solved the issue of (WH Throttle) holding the SC button down while moving the CSU control right beside it, at the same time.

The issue for me was holding down the button while trying to slew.

Using Target Script, I programmed the button to stay down on the first press. This will allow me to move the slew control (CSU) without having to hold it. When the crosshairs are over the target, I press the button a second time and it releases. This permits the AGM65F to lock.

Very cool. Well done! Question: does this script affect your operation of the TDC with the Radar, though, when selecting contacts?

Very cool. Well done! Question: does this script affect your operation of the TDC with the Radar, though, when selecting contacts?

New and better assignments.

One finger use of the slew and no TDC press and hold required.

See Here: #1

Edited by Catseye

+1000, even if realistic, it's impossible to do with our cheap hardware.

THIS, EXACTLY THIS

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Since the new update you need to hold down the TDC to slew the mav. It may be realistic but it is in no way user friendly (same with the current radar elevation axis).

Please either give us an option to remove the need to hold down the TDC or give us some sort of TDC toggle.

None of the existing Sticks/Throttles can give you good results with 1 button (slewing while holding it down). Right now i have to use 2 buttons for 1 simple action.

Not a usefull implementation

Please change.

The VKB gunfighter can do it. It has a combination button slew hat.

I agree. Was trying it for the first time tonight, and it was driving me crazy. First I tried with the throttle slew, which didnt work very well, and then I tried with the CMS, and that didnt work at all. So had to use two hands basically. Far from ideal and extremely fiddely.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

The VKB gunfighter can do it. It has a combination button slew hat.

Great... How does that help everybody who doesn't have one?

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Great... How does that help everybody who doesn't have one?

Look again at what I was replying to highlighted in blue and bold.

When someone says everyone or nothing can etc. - that is an overstatement. I was indicating that the statement is incorrect because the gunfighter can do it.

Look again at what I was replying to highlighted in blue and bold.

When someone says everyone or nothing can etc. - that is an overstatement. I was indicating that the statement is incorrect because the gunfighter can do it.

I’m guessing you have one and it works well?

Proud owner of: